Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additive. Works On My T180

wardude

I have seen this stuff on the Ideal shooping Channel a few times. Greased Lightning fuel additive called REVTECH. Well after the recent fuel price hikes etc I thought id give this stuff a shot and bought some on E Bay. It has increased my average fuel use (daily drive to work) from 33mpg to 38mpg. Thats according the the readout on the dash anyway. I have done 320 miles and still have over 1/4 a tank left so its deffo increased my mpg. usually byt the time I hit 300 miles, my tank is under 1/4 full. This stuff also seems to make the engine run smoother. Its also meant to last 12k miles. Well impressed with the result. i have used other fuel additives like Forte but this stuff takes it to a whole new level. I am always a bit dubious about additives and what they claim to do but this stuff worked for me. :thumbsup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wardude

• Mistermena

• blue monster

• webleymk3

Just been looking at this stuff & can only find one kind - I am assuming that it can be used for both petrol & diesel engines?

I found this stuff which seems to be very similar and is the Greased Lightning brand as mentioned in the 1st post

Greased Lightning

Yeah its the same stuff. I think its renamed in the UK to Showroom Shine and the states its Greased Lightning. Same stuff, just different packaging. Just go for the cheaper option

Bought one - will post back on here once I have added it to the fuel & hopefully start seeing good results!

Just ordered some myself,along with the Meguiars Gold Class Clear Liquid Wax.Summers coming,so got to look good!!!

Hope it works for you. I use the Showrrom Shine waterless wash system. Cant fault it. Shifts the dirt and polishes the car at same time.

Just for record I aint a Greased Lightning salesman lol. Maybe I should be though

• 2 weeks later...

Are these fuel system treatments aimed at older vehicles only or can they be used on newer vehicles too?

I have just put some in mine at the last fuel up a few days ago and we are already seeing an increase in MPG - good find Wardude :thumbsup:

Great Stuff Blue Monster

It can be used in any car, new or old. Cat and Turbo safe. It just treats the fuel system (lines etc) Mine runs a lot smoother and the mpg increased. its supposed to last 12000 miles before retreatment is needed

BG244 is amazing stuff for my T-180 and the BG44 is also very good for petrol engine models. I've tried loads of different types of fuel assitives from Redex,Forte,Millers etc. But nothing come anywhere close to BG244. Google it and have a look see at the reivews. :thumbsup:

The link is 2008 but it describes BK244:

BK244 description

After reading your post and then the above link, I am going to give it a go tx. There doesn't appear to be any harm in trying...

£24 on eBay... anyone know if this is normal price?

The link is 2008 but it describes BK244:

BK244 description

After reading your post and then the above link, I am going to give it a go tx. There doesn't appear to be any harm in trying...

£24 on ebay... anyone know if this is normal price?

Take a look at power.enhancer

I think if you become a member you get a deal on it. I bough 2 tins of the stuff just b4 Christmas and got I think 10% off the price. £25 is about the going rate for BG244...

You'll be amazed at the difference in the engine :thumbsup:

Sounds good. Might add some but where do i get it?/ Cant find any on E Bay etc

Shaun, are you going to put any diesel in your T180 or just lots of bottles of fuel additive? :P

Ok, just an update. I ordered 2 cans of BG244 yesterday at 15:00. They arrived this morning, now that's service. Especially as I live along way north of Aberdeen.

They even arrived with two disposable funnels, an excellent idea.

But a word of warning to anyone buying.... This guy has a shredder. They were neatly packed in a box, but open the box the right way up or the proof that the guy has a shredder, shows itself all over the carpet. My wife thought this was funny, the dog just rolled around and the static helped her carry it thoughout most of the house and I just went outside and put a can into the RAV4.

I will post an update as to any effects noticed by the use of the BG244. (RAV4 T180 45,000 miles)

Just ordered some from This Guy. Seems to be the same people as you mentioned Mistermena, tx.

Yer thats the guy mate. Its a great service. I ordered mine and the next day it came. Full of shredded paper like yours did. My 2 year old little boy loved playing with it! lol. Take a look on there web site (If you haven't already) about how long to try and keep it in the tank for and so on. Its amazing stuff as I've said before.

Dont be to alarmed if you get a bit of a burning smell out of the exhaust pipe. Its the product burning off the carbon and cleaning your Cat converter. :thumbsup:

Btw... The trade price of this stuff is about £15. Its a shame that this company is the only stockest in the UK. Shame because more comp=better price!

Just ordered a can. What with all these additives my car should run like a gudun

I think I might just run mine on BG244 and forget about putting Derv in it! lol :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links