Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additive. Works On My T180

wardude

Its good stuff. I noticed a BIG difference with the Greased Lightning, esp with mpg.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wardude

• Mistermena

• blue monster

• webleymk3

Now just upgrade the power via Kingo and you'll get even more MPG :thumbsup:

Is it worth getting both BG244 and greased lightening or are they essentially the same product?

Blue

Is it worth getting both BG244 and greased lightening or are they essentially the same product?

Blue

I'd go for just BG244 mate as they are very well known in the States. It has a high content of Boron which is something that is used in good engine oil to combat wear. BG244 all the way for me. I don't know anything about greased lightening so cant comment on the stuff...

Well as it's currently on order I will try this first. I've gotta say I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out what with all the glowing reviews on here and other sites!

Greased Lightning showed a BIG difference in my car. I added the BG244 some time after the Greased Lightning and I didnt notice much difference. i feel that is probably due to the fact the Greased Lightning had already been added. GL is half the price too

Also, I know the GL coats your fuel lines etc with a teflon like coating to protect it etc. I think the BG stuff just cleans the system out etc. May be good idea to use the BG, then afterwards treat with GL

Greased Lightning showed a BIG difference in my car. I added the BG244 some time after the Greased Lightning and I didnt notice much difference. i feel that is probably due to the fact the Greased Lightning had already been added. GL is half the price too

Also, I know the GL coats your fuel lines etc with a teflon like coating to protect it etc. I think the BG stuff just cleans the system out etc. May be good idea to use the BG, then afterwards treat with GL

Has Greased lightning got PTFE in it? If so then its the same stuff thats in SLICK 50 which has million $ law suits against it. I used PTFE(SLICK 50) im my engine and gear4box years ago and it blocked all the oil ways with its Teflon crap!:blink:

Im told Greased Lightning fuel additive does NOT contain the PTFE. However their ENGINE treatment does. BUT they are not in any legal battles etc and they have been selling the stuff for years with no problems. My car transformed within 100 miles or so of adding it.

IF you want an engine treatment I highly reccomend MOLYSLIP. Unlike slick 50 or other PTFE (Teflon treatments) this product is made with molybdenum and other metallic lubricating compounds like silver, manganese, and 11 other elements. IT actually fills micro scratches in metal surfaces providing a semi permanent wear barrier, good for up to 40,000 miles on 2litre LPG engine, 38,500 on 2litre Petrol engine 35,000 on a 2Litre Diesel engine. They have used this for donkeys in Canada and its used not only by the public but by train and bus companys too. I used it and it made a BIG differnce to my Nissan Navara.

There is a premium version of 'Greased lightning' that does contain PTFE, but its packaged differently and has 'PTFE' in big letters on the box, so it should be easy to avoid.

The link is 2008 but it describes BK244:

BK244 description

After reading your post and then the above link, I am going to give it a go tx. There doesn't appear to be any harm in trying...

£24 on ebay... anyone know if this is normal price?

yes it is the best you can get only stuff that works you'll notice the difference in about 30+ miles use every 10k.

read the reviews on net about bg products.. bg109 and bg244 are very good for your d4d can be hard to buy it not easy to get your hands on!!!!

Yes but of course this article is talking about engine oil additives, this thread is about fuel additives which are totally different products that are used for different reasons. :)

You are correct, it does relate to the Oil additives, but i thought it could prove useful as it has a large write up about PTFE clogging oil ways in the engine, so if it does that in a larger area, whats it doing to injectors....?

Again, i thought it might prove useful.

BG244 ordered today so will hopefully have it tomorrow - going to try Wardude's approach and just run it on additives with a big dollop of extra power coming next week :D

You are correct, it does relate to the Oil additives, but i thought it could prove useful as it has a large write up about PTFE clogging oil ways in the engine, so if it does that in a larger area, whats it doing to injectors....?

Not defending the use of PTFE in engines in any form but in fuel additives again its a totally different ball game and think very few (if any) have them included :)

Greased Lightning made a big difference to my car and its running best it has since I bought it. I added Molyslip to the engine when i bought it. I have used Molyslip for years in all my cars and it also made a big difference. It has no PTFE in it either

For years the only engine oil additive I`ve used in every car, van, pickup, motorbike I`ve had is ZX1 and NEVER had an engine problem :thumbsup:

http://www.team-zx1.com/

micro_oil_main3500.gif

My dad used slick 50 in one of his Sierras. It was a 1.8 poetrol. Every service a bottle of Slick 50 was added. When he sold the car on it had 340,000 miles on the clock and it wasnt using a drop of oil. Since then he always used Slick 50 and had no engine bother at all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links