Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Additive. Works On My T180

wardude

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wardude

• Mistermena

• blue monster

• webleymk3

well I cant really comment yet on the stuff above but after owning my T180 for a year and after popping the Greased Lightning in, I have seen a massive difference in the car. Engine seems quieter and smoother and the mpg has definatley gone up. Very impressed

3 Days after adding a can of BG244 to 60lts of diesel in my RAV4 T180 (06 reg, 45000 miles, Lindop chipped), I am halfway through the tank and have noticed so far that:

The engine is running noticeably quieter.

There is a slight "burning" smell from the exhaust.

I will keep you informed as to what else happens when the tank is used up.

Its gotta be the best stuff on the market in opinion. The burning smell I found concerened me at first. But thats the CAT being cleaned and the carbon being burnt off.

The next time I put another can of BG244 in my tank I'm going to take a befor and after pic of the EGR valve to see how that cleans it up. When I changed to valve the other day I took the old one off and found that there wasn't the awful baked on carbon, but a fine dusting of soot which looked like a velvet coating that just brushed off.

Something must be doing some good to the EGR :thumbsup:

After doing 150 miles with it in the tank I have noticed that the engine has more of a turbo whine to it (in a good way) othe rthan that I cant see any difference. Saying that I had treated it with the Greased Lightning stuff so maybe the other stuff isnt as noticable. I did fill my tank again today and found my car has done 36 mpg over the last 235 miles.Not bad IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. Wish I'd read this before now. Going on a mammoth 400 mile round trip tomorrow. This would have been a great opportunity to run some of this stuff through. I was just thinking about doing it anyway.

Doh!

Grabbed some redex from my local tesco which is now in the tank. Diesel filled to the top. Kevin (my wife named the car!!) is ready for our road trip.. Been getting 430 miles out of a tank lately so hoping to improve on that with all the pending motorway driving....

Cmon!

Kevin (my wife named the car!!) is ready for our road trip.. Cmon!

At last, the search is over, my long lost Scots cousin...............Kevrav :yahoo:

Been getting 430 miles out of a tank

I only get 340 most of the time. The best ever was 420 on a drive down to Cornwall from the midlands. I must be doing something wrong!

Kevin (my wife named the car!!) is ready for our road trip.. Cmon!

At last, the search is over, my long lost Scots cousin...............Kevrav :yahoo:

And just remember who your Scottish cousin is when you sell all your properties bounderising all those counties in Englandshire.....

Large KEVIN :lol:

Been getting 430 miles out of a tank

I only get 340 most of the time. The best ever was 420 on a drive down to Cornwall from the midlands. I must be doing something wrong!

My wife is a stickler for it. Also being a maths teacher she worked out that if we got 38 mpg (as when I drove it) or 43/44 mpg when she does, the annual cost saving of about £150 in fuel!!! Suddenly my right foot isn't quite so heavy anymore. I'll let you know how she goes today.

ok.. se we're back after a mammoth 8 hours or so of driving!

as you know i filled the tank full before i left. so to keep it fair i filled it once i got back..

i covered a fraction shy of 370 miles and the tank took 40.5 litre (8.9 gallons).. The needle was bang on the quarter mark..

The computer was reading 46.9mpg however calculating it based on the above comes out at 41.5mpg... At the 137.9p per litre I paid for fuel, per mile was 15p... not bad i don't think..

to keep it on topic the redex hasn't caused any problems - in fact i might even suggest the Rav was slightly nippier!

the progressive photos below show the mpg being similar through the majority of the journey...

Dash3.JPG

Dash4.JPG

Dash1.JPG

Dash2.JPG

having read about the BG stuff, apparently you only notice effects after around 300 miles. Loads of people have commented how it really does clean all the crap out and leaves the car running smoothly.

What about that greased lightening, is that any good then, did anybody actually try that stuff?

hey dude

Yeah I used it and a couple of others. You can see my results at start of thread. Car was deffo quiter and smoother and mpg went up. Deffo reccomend Greased Lightning. I also added the other stuff and the car has improved yet again. I have done about 500 miles now and the car is a lot tourqier and the turbo whine is more pronounced (in a good way) I probably didnt notice as big a difference as those who only used the BD stuff as mine had already been treated with Greased Lightning. But yes, the Greased Lightning gets 10/10 from me.

Thanks. I am about to buy some of it. You have convinced me to give it a go.

At around 20 quid a pop for the other stuff, that can wait.

Thanks. I am about to buy some of it. You have convinced me to give it a go.

At around 20 quid a pop for the other stuff, that can wait.

Yeah I'm thinking the same!!

Have had the Revtech additive in both mine and my Dad,s U/C,s and have noticed an increase especially in my Dad,s of about 4/5 MPG (1.4D4D).I bought the oil treatment as well and put that in my friends Nissan Xtrail diesel which was notoriously noisey on start-up (sounded like a bag of spanners). Boy the difference on start-up is unbelievable!!!!!.

Not being a believer in both oil/fuel additives it as really open my eyes to these products :thumbsup:

Regards Clare

you should be on commission Wardude!!!!

That is where I bought it. I can't wait. I appear to have gone on a spending spree today for all bits and bobs. Just looking for some headlight guards which are an absolute pain to find for my car.

let us know how you get on. I noticed a difference pretty soon after adding it. they say it coats all the fuel sytem etc etc. My car was deffo smoother and quieter and the mpg when shooting up. Even the cars average consumption computer showed went from 36 odd to 43 odd

Right. Engine is sounding s bit smoother I think but the key difference is I am currently sitting at 50mpg!!! And that's without the greased lightning!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I put the stuff in over a week ago. I did not note any burning smell, however, the car definitely runs a lot smoother and certainly the MPG increased. I found the main thing was the car was just so much more responsive and I didn't have to press so hard on the gas.

All in all, a thumbs up from me. Driving is far more pleasant than before. Noting the age of my car I can hear and feel the difference to a high degree. Gone are the days of the car sounding rough all the time.

Gosh! It works for petrols and diesels!!! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links