Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius

collyer911

hi all

i left it a couple of weeks to try and get over the honeymoon period that i think we all go through when we buy a new car!

i,ve recently bought a prius edition 10 in black with with matt black alloys and leather plus all the toys which was an ex demo from toyota leicester.

i,ve downgraded from an e55 amg 55 plate which had all the toys.

obvioulsly i think this is the problem as the prius has more or less the same amount of equipment as the merc with the added self park (never used yet)

first thoughts on the toyota is they could do with dampening the sound in the cabin as there are a few rattles and suspension noises that i was unaware of in the merc.

also the door sound when closing could do with a bit more of a thunk when you close the doors.

but this a BIG but the fuel economy is amazing i was getting in the region of 18-19 miles per gallon in the merc 9 when under heavy acceleration the prius has astounded me by getting 56-62 mpg a saving on my daily commute to work of approx £100 pounds per week!!

so at the time of writing this i,m pretty impressed with the prius not as a drivers car, although i never expected it to be one ,but as an allround familly car and daily commute.

my wife and i both changed our cars whithin a couple of weeks she bought a 320d and gets 51 mpg so im pretty smug as im beating her on the same coomute every week!

:thumbsup:

hi all

i left it a couple of weeks to try and get over the honeymoon period that i think we all go through when we buy a new car!

i,ve recently bought a prius edition 10 in black with with matt black alloys and leather plus all the toys which was an ex demo from toyota leicester.

i,ve downgraded from an e55 amg 55 plate which had all the toys.

obvioulsly i think this is the problem as the prius has more or less the same amount of equipment as the merc with the added self park (never used yet)

first thoughts on the toyota is they could do with dampening the sound in the cabin as there are a few rattles and suspension noises that i was unaware of in the merc.

also the door sound when closing could do with a bit more of a thunk when you close the doors.

but this a BIG but the fuel economy is amazing i was getting in the region of 18-19 miles per gallon in the merc 9 when under heavy acceleration the prius has astounded me by getting 56-62 mpg a saving on my daily commute to work of approx £100 pounds per week!!

so at the time of writing this i,m pretty impressed with the prius not as a drivers car, although i never expected it to be one ,but as an allround familly car and daily commute.

my wife and i both changed our cars whithin a couple of weeks she bought a 320d and gets 51 mpg so im pretty smug as im beating her on the same coomute every week!

:thumbsup:

Hi,glad your happy with the prius,thats some saving on fuel.

Welcome to TOC.

That is a major saving on fuel there :o

As nice as the big German barges are I think most people would struggle to justify using one as a daily car nowadays

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links