Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressors

LAA69

Just thought i'd have a quick look at Comp prices, WOW they have dropped quicker than something that drops quick!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Get them for under 6k now, didn't see one for under 8k just a year ago, may consider one if i can get over the Van look......:yes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• LAA69

• Uber_Luke

• Adam-Up

Just keep in mind mate, they maybe cheaper to buy now, but filling up with v power every 230miles at £1.41p a litre you better be ready to camp at Shell petrol stations lol

Just thought i'd have a quick look at Comp prices, WOW they have dropped quicker than something that drops quick!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Get them for under 6k now, didn't see one for under 8k just a year ago, may consider one if i can get over the Van look......:yes:

I prefer the 'van' look to anything with Lexus lights :P

:lol:

I prefer the 'van' look to anything with Lexus lights :P

And there he is :yahoo:

Well theres no accounting for bad taste is there Van Boy.... B)

how are you Gaz? Last of the old skool looking at all the new names on here.....

Not too bad mate.... since becoming a moderator i've found that TOC now owns my soul so i have to stay :(

My only gripe with the compressor v normal t sport would be the fuel consumption for 25 more HP

240miles versus 400 miles is a big difference and filling on super unleaded would be a bit of a killer. If there was a bigger power difference I would say it was a better buy.

prototype compressor was way more powerfull, but detuned for emissions and other stupid reasons. cant justify buying one. never impressed me tbh.

just me being special here, but whats the van look? I would hazard a bad guess at a 3 door with blacked out windows?!

LAA69 has this crazy idea that because of the rear pillar between the rear window and boot that the 3dr CTS looks like a van blink.gif

(bearing in mind he fitted Lexus lights to his so that just shows he has no idea when it comes to styling)

:P :lol:

My only gripe with the compressor v normal t sport would be the fuel consumption for 25 more HP

240miles versus 400 miles is a big difference and filling on super unleaded would be a bit of a killer. If there was a bigger power difference I would say it was a better buy.

Correct me if i'm wrong.... but aren't you supercharging your T Sport?? wacko.gif

Ive never managed 400miles out of a tank of fuel :thumbsup:

i used to get about 220-250 miles from a full tank. but since i got the new exhaust, i seem to get about 260-270. i know that sounds daft, but it's true.

Correct me if i'm wrong.... but aren't you supercharging your T Sport?? wacko.gif

yeah he is, but the charger nrgizer is using is, well, basicall alot better than the ogura unit used on the compressor. power output should be alot higher when fully set up/mapped etc.

Yes but I'm aiming for more than 220PS.

The Compressor supercharger is positive displacement so it physically makes the air occupy a smaller space (like a bike pump).

The supercharger i'm fitting is a centrifugal, it works by speeding the air up and then slowing it down to increase its pressure. This gives less of an abrupt torque curve and is also more forgiving for the clutch and transmission.

just me being special here, but whats the van look? I would hazard a bad guess at a 3 door with blacked out windows?!

LAA69 has this crazy idea that because of the rear pillar between the rear window and boot that the 3dr CTS looks like a van blink.gif

(bearing in mind he fitted Lexus lights to his so that just shows he has no idea when it comes to styling)

:P :lol:

Sorry but that "C" piller is just too fat, ruins the look of the 3 door and thus looks like a Van, even more so when the rear windows are tinted.

Lexus Lights you say, at least i can remove them, what can you do about the "VAN" :toast::yahoo: B)

Easy... make the most of it and become a courier.... sorted! :P

Improvisation, like it fella, but does that mean you agree that the 3 door does indeed resemble a VAN :yes: ;) :D

Can i remind you that Racing and exploits of a similar nature can lead to an instant TOC ban, its not clever, its not funny and its not clever.........:unsure:

Can i remind you that Racing and exploits of a similar nature can lead to an instant TOC ban, its not clever, its not funny and its not clever.........:unsure:

oh, awfully sorry, is having a laugh banned as well now?!

give me a good reason why i would want to go and race a van? :ffs: :censor: :censor:

Wow i didn't realise how serious some people get on here!!!!!!

Surely what people do out on the open road is down to them.

And to be fair WHY on earth would anyone waste their time wanting to race a dirty diesal???

Ha ha Imagine you happened to bump into the top gear transit van on a "private road" now I would pay to watch that race :yahoo:

I'm all for having a laugh... but if this decends into a "on a private road, ;) ;) nudge nudge" thread, then it will be binned and peeps may get bans!!

You've all been warned!! death.gif

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links