Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres

Damned08

Watch the video a few posts above.

I was out last night in 20cm of fresh snow on my normal tyres and the difference compared to the winter on snow tyres was remarkable. Hope it doesn't fall again a lot as I had no intention of getting the snow tyres on until November.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarsKy

• CharlieFarlie

• *srjp*

• webleymk3

Have ordered a set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25-1 this afternoon from a Tyre dealer on island and they work out at £120 per corner. Not a bad price considering they have to be shipped to the IOM. From googling it seems as though they are a decent piece of kit. Better than the £160 + fitting for a potenza run-flat I,ve just had to buy for the Cooper S

Regards Clare

Have ordered a set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25-1 this afternoon from a Tyre dealer on island and they work out at £120 per corner. Not a bad price considering they have to be shipped to the IOM. From googling it seems as though they are a decent piece of kit. Better than the £160 + fitting for a potenza run-flat I,ve just had to buy for the Cooper S

Regards Clare

Sounds a good deal Clare !! I have just bought a set of these wheels .

http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/wheels/wsp/catania_w1750/silver

Shod with these tyres .

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Wintrac-Xtreme.htm

So this should give Us a decent package for the upcoming winter.... The Wife and I have a fascination with the Highlands in particular Glencoe and Skye. We plan to with great care spend some time up there this winter so I'm hoping I have made the right choice...

I decided to stick with 18 inch wheels and 235/55/18 tyres as it seemed so much simpler ...

Thanks To Marsky and all those who have given Me sound advice as winter tyres are a whole lot more complex than I first thought !!

Wee Charlie.

Good tyre choice, Charlie and the wheels look half decent as well :thumbsup:

Regards Clare

Whats bettin we have the mildest Winter on record!!!!!

Good tyre choice, Charlie and the wheels look half decent as well :thumbsup:

Regards Clare

Whats bettin we have the mildest Winter on record!!!!!

The weather forecasts say not so Clare !! In fact snow fell in the north of England yesterday ... Besides in the Highlands up around Glencoe there is bound to be snow. Well I will be disappointed if there is none ..

Winter tyres are in VERY short supply already. I had one heck of a job locating a set of the chosen Vredestien tyres of choice.

Many suppliers claim to have stock but when it comes to placing an order I kept being told I was to late and being offered alternatives.

Problem for Me is that once I make My mind up what I want then nothing else will do....

Wee Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links