Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

I did another photo shoot today for bspecmagazine. They asked me not to show entire photos but here are some spy shots...

DSCN4268-001_zps09f2fa42.jpg

DSCN4289-001_zpsd3ab13c5.jpg

This one is not for the magazine, looks like the Tiki is trying to lick the iQ...

DSCN4287-001_zps66da5b25.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I spent the day at the Freeway Series Breast Cancer Awareness Charity car show in Pasadena. We had a lot of fun and raised some money for breast cancer research.

The iQ won First Place Micro Car.

DSCN4817_zpsca605686.jpg

DSCN4818_zps48525ae4.jpg

DSCN4819_zps7ad578a9.jpg

DSCN4821_zpsec8132e3.jpg

DSCN4822_zps163190b3.jpg

DSCN4824_zps3f61f90f.jpg

DSCN4855_zpsc8c69024.jpg

DSCN4856_zpsc962d6e7.jpg

DSCN4867_zps9d4b4041.jpg

• Like 1

Excelent stuff Taz well done again :drunk:

Do you have any more plans or ideas for the iQ or are you just going to enjoy it from now on in?

Excelent stuff Taz well done again :drunk:

Do you have any more plans or ideas for the iQ or are you just going to enjoy it from now on in?

I still have a few things to finish, nothing major, more lighting, audio system tuning and interior stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

We had our FUSCION Car Club annual Drive In Movie Night last night and one of the members decided to paint her toenails to match my wheels. =)

IMG_5655_zpsbc0870b9.jpg

IMG_5657_zpsaf34f8a7.jpg

IMG_5665-001_zps92a3eadf.jpg

Taz

The car is truly Magnificent !!!

Best regards

David

• Like 1

Lol, does that mean she is now your permanent passenger?

Lol, does that mean she is now your permanent passenger?

Although she and my wife are great friends I don't think my sweetie would approve of a permanent passenger. =)

Taz

The car is truly Magnificent !!!

Best regards

David

Thank you David. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Hi Taz

Where did you get the brake peddle cover from?

David

Yesterday I attended one of the premier car shows of the year, WekFest L.A. 2013 at the Queen Mary in Long Beach. This show is a lot of fun. More than 1400 cars apply for admission and only 400 are selected for invitation. Of those 400 there were 70 cars in the Scion class. HAOLEBUILT II was awarded Second Place in the Scion division. With that award the car also receives automatic invitation to WekFest San Jose in July of this year. I will be making the six hour trip to attend that show as well. Here are a few shots of the iQ at the show...

IMG_5690_zps9d37263c.jpg

IMG_5674_zps36e1c90f.jpg

IMG_5693_zps02f1ebca.jpg

IMG_5776_zps49fe94cc.jpg

IMG_5680_zpsad01fb3c.jpg

976914_10201343493897276_674039172_o_zps

IMG_5902_zps39776418.jpg

Wow, that sounds like quite an exclusive car show! Congratulations on getting to the next one :)

• Like 1

Looks a nice place to have a show and it's the location where the end of my favorite film was made. :)

Car looking good in the sun.

Craig.

It is my favorite place for a show. Beautiful scenery and it's only a twenty minute drive from my house. Win win! =)

What film are you referring to Craig?

Gumball Rally. The proper 1976 film about a coast to coast race with the main stars being a Shelby Cobra and a Ferrari Daytona.

Unfortunately it was the film that spawned so many poor film copies such as the cannonball run series!

It was the Gumball Rally that inspired me to build my Cobra look-a-like. As much as I love Japanese cars, their ingenuity and technology a dirty great big American V8 still wins for me. :)

Craig.

post-116364-0-87212500-1369746723_thumb.

post-116364-0-15271200-1369746735_thumb.

Hey Taz, very nice to see your car awarded another prize. When you get to your destination, for the show, do you have to do much in the way of cleaning, like bugs and tar removal? By the way, I had an idea for something else you can do to your iQ, at the back. That strip between the lights when the tailgate is open, at the bottom there, would look good with a nicely polished bit of chrome, or some aluminium (note correct spelling... :lol2: ) cut to shape and highly polished. Is that too much? I mean, it could be held in place through those two bits at either end, don't they hold the bumper on?

Regards,

Bob.

Craig

The Cobra is fantastic. Saw one the other day ( blue) with reg COB2

David

Hey Taz, very nice to see your car awarded another prize. When you get to your destination, for the show, do you have to do much in the way of cleaning, like bugs and tar removal? By the way, I had an idea for something else you can do to your iQ, at the back. That strip between the lights when the tailgate is open, at the bottom there, would look good with a nicely polished bit of chrome, or some aluminium (note correct spelling... :lol2: ) cut to shape and highly polished. Is that too much? I mean, it could be held in place through those two bits at either end, don't they hold the bumper on?

Regards,

Bob.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I may have to give that some thought. I've got chrome goodies on order so that would help tie it together.

I attended AUTOCON L.A. 2013 at the Santa Anita Race Track on Saturday June 1, 2013. There was a Scion class including First and Second Gen xB's, xA's, xD's tC's and iQ's. HAOLEBUILT II won 1st Place Finest Scion. My buddy Monster won 3rd Place Finest Scion with his Second Gen xB. It was a bit hot on the asphalt, close to 100 degrees but a fun show all in all.

IMG_5955_zps6b1fe5c9.jpg

IMG_5972_zps92c1645b.jpg

Monster's Second Gen xB...

IMG_5975_zpsd4d2ea9a.jpg

A 2012 iQ that belongs to my friend Carlos...

IMG_5986_zps043199ce.jpg

IMG_6024_zps0effaf0c.jpg

IMG_6028_zps1c19235f.jpg

• Like 1

Another Win! :toast:

Well Taz, I don't know if you won this many 'Awards' for your other Scion or not, but you are certainly on a roll with the iQ. Got another tip for you... :lol2:

When I used to show my car I noticed that others used to carry a small jack to lift the car so they could align the spokes on their wheels. This may seem a bit, anal, but, it does make a visual difference and draws the eye to the wheels. One guy in particular, who owned an original -as opposed to one made to look like the original- Vauxhall Lotus Carlton GSi (This car used to do 170mph!) used to do this, and I had to ask why.

post-113536-0-91711100-1370458988_thumb.

post-113536-0-86024000-1370458999_thumb.

post-113536-0-61384400-1370459171_thumb.

post-113536-0-49102700-1370459235_thumb.

post-113536-0-15613400-1370459296_thumb.

post-113536-0-51622800-1370459519_thumb.

Another Win! :toast:

Well Taz, I don't know if you won this many 'Awards' for your other Scion or not, but you are certainly on a roll with the iQ. Got another tip for you... :lol2:

When I used to show my car I noticed that others used to carry a small Jack to lift the car so they could align the spokes on their wheels. This may seem a bit, anal, but, it does make a visual difference and draws the eye to the wheels. One guy in particular, who owned an original -as opposed to one made to look like the original- Vauxhall Lotus Carlton GSi (This car used to do 170mph!) used to do this, and I had to ask why.

There are guys on the show circuit who do this as well. I've not gone to that extent as of yet other than for the SEMA and CES conventions. I have a small bottle jack that would work well for this purpose, I just might start doing that.

The xB that was my last project ended up with over 80 trophies and awards. It was a lot of fun but I'm enjoying the iQ more because it's unique. Not many of them on the scene yet.

• 3 months later...

Congrats on another win Taz! Great stuff :) Cars looking really nice now I haven't seen it in a while. Are they Rota wheels on your friends IQ? I like

Aaron

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links