Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ohhhh Bother.. Oil Burning Again ..

CharlieFarlie

Been working and knackered now so will comment on various tomorrow.

Nice car Charlie.

Jedi. Charlies new Audi probably runs on 0W20 fully synthetic. Now if they had used 10W40 they might just have won the war.

Cant see Toyota doing any great mods to cure this problem such as producing improved parts to fit to these engines as they only have pacify (if possible) present owners at most for the seven years extended warranty, cos they are switching over to the BMW supplied engines.the 3/4 engines blocks etc they are supplying wont have been specialy designed but what they will have plenty in stock already.but they are at least they are admiting there is a problem.

Pulled up at the pumps tonight next to a 5yr old 3.0 X5 and noticed the driver was topping up the oil.

'Have to do that very often?' I ask him.

'Only about a litre every 1.5 - 2k' says he...............

Cant see Toyota doing any great mods to cure this problem such as producing improved parts to fit to these engines as they only have pacify (if possible) present owners at most for the seven years extended warranty, cos they are switching over to the BMW supplied engines.the 3/4 engines blocks etc they are supplying wont have been specialy designed but what they will have plenty in stock already.but they are at least they are admiting there is a problem.

Pulled up at the pumps tonight next to a 5yr old 3.0 X5 and noticed the driver was topping up the oil.

'Have to do that very often?' I ask him.

'Only about a litre every 1.5 - 2k' says he...............

Ouch!... Thats a bit much oil to be topping up! :crybaby:

So I wonder what problems the Yanks have with there oil burners? Is this 2AD engine fitted to any of there monster trucks?:unsure:

Well, I'm not a damn Yank, I'm a Rebel! :yahoo: But down here in the Deep South diesel fuel costs anywhere from 35-40 cents more than petrol. As a result, diesel isn't very popular. As for Toyota, they don't sell any diesel powered vehicles in the US. Even the large Tundra and Tacoma pickups aren't available with oil burners. Now Chevy sells pickups with 6.6L Duramax diesel engines, Ford and Dodge offer 6.7L turbodiesel V8's in their trucks. These "monster trucks" seem to sell but Toyota does not seem to want to compete in this market segment.

Well it seems the Dealer does not want to even offer a ball park figure for the Rav without seeing it...

I offered a description and informed of what has recently been done to the car and said that if My car did not meet My description it would only be My time and fuel wasted... No figure offered so I'm not driving 230 miles to play silly beggars...

I think I will visit Glasgow Audi and see what the score is on a new one...

So I wonder what problems the Yanks have with there oil burners? Is this 2AD engine fitted to any of there monster trucks?:unsure:

Well, I'm not a damn Yank, I'm a Rebel! :yahoo: But down here in the Deep South diesel fuel costs anywhere from 35-40 cents more than petrol. As a result, diesel isn't very popular. As for Toyota, they don't sell any diesel powered vehicles in the US. Even the large Tundra and Tacoma pickups aren't available with oil burners. Now Chevy sells pickups with 6.6L Duramax diesel engines, Ford and Dodge offer 6.7L turbodiesel V8's in their trucks. These "monster trucks" seem to sell but Toyota does not seem to want to compete in this market segment.

Well there we have it from out American cousin! :thumbsup: Thats a difference in price between the two fuels! No wonder most drive petrol over derv. Must admit I loved driving the Lincoln Town car when I was over there a while back :thumbsup:

Well it seems the Dealer does not want to even offer a ball park figure for the Rav without seeing it...

I offered a description and informed of what has recently been done to the car and said that if My car did not meet My description it would only be My time and fuel wasted... No figure offered so I'm not driving 230 miles to play silly beggars...

Do they not want your money!! Dealer with that attitude will probably be a PITA in all other ways.

When I traded in my RAV4.2 at a similar to yours for the Qashqai, the dealer was actually down your way and would be a 400 mile round trip. We agreed a sight-unseen Pe-Ex based on my description and a walk-away if either of us were not accurate with what we said. Similarly when I chopped in the Qashqai for the RAV4 SR, same conditions applied and that was a trip from Scotland to Hertfordshire to buy, so what you are asking is as you clearly know yourself perfectly reasonable and the garage salesman must be a right plonker :wacko:

Do they not want your money!! Dealer with that attitude will probably be a PITA in all other ways.

When I traded in my RAV4.2 at a similar to yours for the Qashqai, the dealer was actually down your way and would be a 400 mile round trip. We agreed a sight-unseen Pe-Ex based on my description and a walk-away if either of us were not accurate with what we said. Similarly when I chopped in the Qashqai for the RAV4 SR, same conditions applied and that was a trip from Scotland to Hertfordshire to buy, so what you are asking is as you clearly know yourself perfectly reasonable and the garage salesman must be a right plonker :wacko:

When i was selling cars (in the early days of the Internet) people who did deals and bought "Subject to viewing and test drive" (on both vehicles, when a PX is involved) always came through, especially when the distance was vast.

Some dealers are living in a different old fashioned world. Cant talk figures unless you come down, what a load of tosh.

They wil be well aware of the 2.2d problems and want to check if you car is afflicted.

Nice motor by the way, nice engines the Audi V6 diesel, I had a 2.5d Allroad.

Finally got a figure for PX ...... Errrr Not a lot HaHa.. Will put it on Pistonheads and see what happens....

When I traded in my RAV4.2 at a similar to yours for the Qashqai, the dealer was actually down your way and would be a 400 mile round trip. We agreed a sight-unseen Pe-Ex based on my description and a walk-away if either of us were not accurate with what we said.

Me too - the Disco was 400 miles away in Welwyn Garden City and I couldn't be bothered driving down to check it out and possibly not liking it, and then having to go all the the way back home again. So the dealer agreed to transport it up to me for free, and then took my part-exchange away, and I had 30 days/ 1000 miles to reject the Disco if I didn't like it.

Some dealers seem to pull out the stops to get the deal done; some don't seem bothered. It's a strange old world.

Finally got a figure for PX ...... Errrr Not a lot HaHa.. Will put it on Pistonheads and see what happens....

Come on then spill, did they say it could be better when we see it?

I hope they aren't reading this thread :lol: ;)

Looks a lovely motor Charlie. The blue is a lovely choice for the car. Where did you get the 4WD Badge on the front grill from?

Im in disscussion with Mr T at the moment on a new one, but were a distance apart on prices yet!

I've always liked the dark blue (a bit biased because my T180 was the same colour!) will you sell the car with a bottle of oil to top up the engine... :rolleyes:

Think it'll have a new engine with around 5lts of oil stuck in it! :lol::yahoo:

It will have a oil tank where the spare wheel should be on the back :thumbsup:

Toyotas next fix :yahoo:

I think Charlie might be getting his big gun out in a min and don his Black belt! :lol:

Evening. The bit I got fed up of was keep answering the question of fuel for somebody else to jump in and say "I doubt there is a problem with fuel".

Using thin oil doesn't make any difference to oil consumption or protection. You cannot compress a fluid, using a lower viscosity allows you to pump it around very small spaces very quickly and reduces friction so increasing economy.

Folk will have to go a long way to find a cleaner car Charlie. You will provide some lucky person with a very nice buy.

You can in the form of diesel then it explodes like a gas, same thing with thinner oil easily compressed then Boom!!!!! it escapes as a gas leaving all the crap to sand paper the metal to death :D

after all Diesel is just a very thin oil is it not? :unsure:

The all new Toyota Rav 4...4.4 revealed

LampOilTanker.jpg

LampOilTanker.jpg

LMAO! Only 1 horse power though :lol: Bet its not Diesel ;)

LampOilTanker.jpg

LMAO! Only 1 horse power though :lol: Bet its not Diesel ;)

Not Sure :unsure: Looks like we are back to runflats though :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links