Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid

cuius

Does the Yaris hybird have emergency brake assist? Perhaps the motoring journalist applied braking force that most of us don't normally use, and reached the level when brake assist comes into operation? It didn't look good on the video though.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassaJay

• Mister MMT

• timberwolf

• Yolina

A little help needed for the life of me I cant find what the servers intervals are :blushing: And can you download owners Manuel?

Does the Yaris hybird have emergency brake assist? Perhaps the motoring journalist applied braking force that most of us don't normally use, and reached the level when brake assist comes into operation?

Yeah it does have emergency brake assist. I think you might be right there...

A little help needed for the life of me I cant find what the servers intervals are :blushing: And can you download owners Manuel?

I don't think the manual can be downloaded from anywhere (well I certainly couldn't find it online) it's about 700 pages though as it covers*all* Yaris models + a separate manual for the touch screen thingymajit

Service interval is 10000 miles/ 1 year

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

Just had the first service 15000 km/1 year done with around 9300 miles on the clock. Small official garage did great job, 0w-20 oil used. No problems with the car as expected. Total cost of the service 147 euros or 119 pounds.

With lots of snow and cold weather (up to -20 C) mpg has dropped as the heater must be on constantly and driving on EV is rare. Last fill up only 40 mpg. But today with about only 2-4 degrees below zero, mpg climed back to 50 mpg.

Yaris drives really nice on snow also!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, could you tell me, what is the capacity of battery pack (AHr) in yaris hsd?

Toyota claims to have increased the efficiency of the HV Battery in the Yaris, but I am guessing the modules that make up the Battery will be in the same order of magnitude as the type of modules used in the Prius HV Battery. They have reduced the number of modules in the Yaris HV battery compared with the Prius, 20 vs 38 modules. The Prius HV battery modules are 7.2 V, 6.5 Ah and are connected in series, so it would be 6.5 Ah - as battery technology really hasn't improved that much the Yaris HSD HV battery will have a similar Ah.

I have now driven about 6800 miles, no problems and really fun miles! Very happy on the low mpg, average of 65,85 mpg with worst 57,65 mpg and best one 74,34 mpg. (I have 15 inch alloys). When driving in the city and moderate speeds on highways mpg is really good.

Weather is getting colder, now near zero but mpg still quite good last fill up 62 mpg. Next up winter tyres, snow and cold winter, yikes! Electric engine heater is also now installed so it is warm inside even on very cold mournings. Brilliant car in every way!

Happy Hybrid driving to all!

I just mounted a Calilx engine block heater (400watts) in my new yaris Hybrid. Now I want to install a power outlet in the coupe, to be able to use a small heater there.

Teemu, how did you pull the cable from the engine compartment to the coupe to install a power outlet in the coupe ? Is there any pre-drilled hole to use ? And also ,where did you install the electric power inlet on the car ? Side fender ? Grill ?

Thanks

Hdriver: local garage did the whole installation so not sure if there is any hole to use. I have small heater fitted on the passenger side on the center console.

The outer power socket is on where fog lights would be placed. Don't have fog lights and don't plan to get them so good placement. I think it was couple of hours work total.

Heater is great, warm inside and no need to scrape ice from the windows, also all windows are always clear. In Finland almost quite many have the heater installed with temperatures dropping to -10-20 even in the south, -30 in the north...

Hdriver: local garage did the whole installation so not sure if there is any hole to use. I have small heater fitted on the passenger side on the center console.

The outer power socket is on where fog lights would be placed. Don't have fog lights and don't plan to get them so good placement. I think it was couple of hours work total.

Heater is great, warm inside and no need to scrape ice from the windows, also all windows are always clear. In Finland almost quite many have the heater installed with temperatures dropping to -10-20 even in the south, -30 in the north...

I have fog lights, but I think the power socket could fit just above the light on the black plastic, good idea instead of drilling in the fender.

I live in Sweden and we have -10 celsius now and the forescast is -20 so I will definitly install a heater in this car also.If you could try to locate were they pulled the cable into the coupe it would be great to know. Maybe you could take a photo ? Toyota had a price of approx 800 euros to install a engine block heater and a small heater in the coupe so I will save a lot of money doing it myself. The Calix block heater was very simple to plug into the engine ( just had to remove a ventilation plug in the gearbox and slide the heater in the engine, The price was around 80 euros for the engine block heater.

I have the socket on the passenger side black plastic where fog lights go and probably would fit even if fog light was there. The cabin heater is on the console but the cable goes under the mat towards the passenger door and up under the dash. I will take a picture tomorrow.

I mounted the inlet power socket on the black plastic just above the fog light without any problem. Thank you for the tip! Yes please take a picture both in the engine compartment and under the dash if possible.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum. I joined it simply to get some advice from the people who know something - the owners of Toyota, and in this case a Yaris Hybrid. Today I am leasing an Aygo, and I've been satisfied. The leasing and the car have suited my needs very well. However, the leasing is coming to an end and now I have to decide what car to get next. I did a test on Toyotas webpage, which suggested that a Hybrid might be good for me. I have no need for a big car, and I was either way thinking of buying a Yaris, so I'm seriously considering a Yaris Hybrid. Question is however - is it worth my money? Does it suit my dailylife driving?

I don't live in a big city, rather a small town (25000 inhabitants). When driving in the central parts of town (I'm living near the towns core) the speed is an average of 50 kmph. Not that many trafficlights really. I drive occasionally on the motorway, but seldom for very long. My journeys vary from being solely in town at around 50 kmph or outside of town at about 80 kmph. My journeys are seldom very long, most often shorter than 30 minutes. I tend to drive from one area in town to another, which is seldom very long... Right now I drive about 13000 km/year. Would you say that the Yaris Hybrid suits me? I'm a fan of tech, and I think it's okay to pay a bit more to get a more enviorement friendly car. I'm not picky on the whole "driver-experience" thing. I just want a car that will work for a long time to come, that wont give me any trouble and that wont cost me to much in the end.

What's your opinion?

Hi...my opinion is...........BUY ONE! It will work well for you given your journey mix. Think about a 1 year old car to save a lot of cash

Don't forget the hybrid Yaris is an automatic so price wise, it is pretty good (have you seen the price of a normal automatic Yaris)? Not sure you can get a 1 year old Yaris hybrid yet. They only came out late last year.

No, it would appear that it's still a bit early for that. I'm not due to return my Aygo until August though. But I need to make a decision before then of course. I'll be booking a test drive in the next few weeks, and have a discussion with my local dealer. I actually do think that the yaris hybrid has a reasonable price tag. I'd rather buy the hybrid than the diesel for example.

The Toyota HSD is much better than their automatic gearbox too.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget the hybrid Yaris is an automatic so price wise, it is pretty good (have you seen the price of a normal automatic Yaris)? Not sure you can get a 1 year old Yaris hybrid yet. They only came out late last year.

No, it would appear that it's still a bit early for that. I'm not due to return my Aygo until August though. But I need to make a decision before then of course. I'll be booking a test drive in the next few weeks, and have a discussion with my local dealer. I actually do think that the yaris hybrid has a reasonable price tag. I'd rather buy the hybrid than the diesel for example.

Hi all

I bought an Aygo Go! MMT last year as I wanted something cheap and cheerful to drive around in after selling my gas guzzling 2010 facelift T5 Kombi.I was interested in the Hybrid but felt the 18k price tag was a bit much, so was willing to wait a year or so to pick one up. I'm so glad I did! I've recently purchased a 10 month old T-Spirit Hybrid with sat nav option and all the toys, with 635 miles on the clock, for 12k from my local Toyota dealer. I also managed to negotiate 2 free services as well, so there are definitely deals out there.

I liked the idea of a Hybrid as most of my driving is town based and although the Yaris diesel would probably have been a little more economical on fuel, I would've had problems with the DPF and EGR valve as I did with the VW. I found the Yaris ride harsh and choppy, so my dealer leant me a T4 for a few days with the 15" alloys (mine are the 16") and I have to say the road noise and choppy ride was much diminished. I wasn't keen on forking out for a new set of alloys, but my dealer stepped up to the plate and offered to swap my 16's for 15's for free. I would've preferred a white car as I'm not a fan of metallic paint, but I have to admit, the burning red looks really nice. Once again my dealer came through and offered to have the car machine polished and Silver Sealed for £100 rather than the £399 listed in the brochure. So all in all I'm a very happy bunny!

The car is lovely to drive, negligible wind noise at motorway speeds, and handles (in my opinion) much better with the 15" alloys on. I particularly wanted a CVT box this time round as my girlfriends iQ3 is great fun to drive and I've not been disappointed with the CVT in the Yaris, very smooth and relaxed. Yes it screams a bit when you floor it, but the soundproofing in the cabin is adequate and it doesn't bother me. Fuel economy is disappointing for a Hybrid though. The computer said 53mpg, but on fill up it was 48.25mpg. However, that's almost twice as far as a gallon of (more expensive) diesel took me in the T5, so I'm not complaining!!

So would I recommend the Hybrid? In short, yes. I tried various other super minis and whilst they all had their good and bad points, none had a good (again, IMO) auto option coupled with zero road tax. I found they were all a bit choppy to drive and plasticky with overinflated fuel economy figures and Toyota were the ONLY dealer to advise me not to go on the official figures which I found refreshingly honest.

I've been told the fuel economy should improve with the smaller wheels/tyres and that as my driving style adapts to the Hybrid, that should also help. However, I'll be quite happy to hit 50mpg and I'm not a million miles away from that figure.

....... However, I'll be quite happy to hit 50mpg and I'm not a million miles away from that figure.

Give it a year and you'll find yourself crying if it falls much below 60. :)

• Like 1

Lol, don't.....I'm already worried about turning into "mpgman"!! :laughing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links