Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid

cuius

Waiting for the car is something else I can blame the 'lympics for! I would have gone for a test drive earlier but given that I'm on the southern end of the Isle of Dogs going anywhere while the circus was on was too much of a PITA. And do not get me started on having to put up with the helicopters from HMS Ocean every day for 2 months... (if only we could have used them as a taxi service :P )

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassaJay

• Mister MMT

• timberwolf

• Yolina

What is the current waiting time? I'm thinking of buying one as a present for my surviving to become an OAP ... (eek!)

My dealer, yes Lancaster at Rayleigh) says that after mine and the black t4 they have there they are not expecting anymmore till later in the year! - apparently the hybrid is going quicker than anyone expected!

Last weekend they still had a Tyrol silver T Spirit one in the showroom. But could be gone by now.

Dealers do not own stocks in showrooms (well, most of the time they don't) so it is entirely possible for a car in a showroom to be recalled back to Toyota and may not be possible to buy there and then. At busy times such as September, stocks can be low in particular colours/specs so sometimes, you can get delays

Kingo :thumbsup:

What is the current waiting time? I'm thinking of buying one as a present for my surviving to become an OAP ... (eek!)

My dealer, yes Lancaster at Rayleigh) says that after mine and the black t4 they have there they are not expecting anymmore till later in the year! - apparently the hybrid is going quicker than anyone expected!

Last weekend they still had a Tyrol silver T Spirit one in the showroom. But could be gone by now.

That was mine !!

Lots on Autotrader now with minimal mileages: demo cars.. Save £2k...

Having left my car garaged for just over two weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the HSD Battery had remained in a well charged condition having hardly dropped at all from when it was first parked up.. Wonder how long it would actually take before fully discharging, at that rate a very very long time for sure. The 12v auxillary Battery was left hooked up to a C-Tek Battery minder so needless to say that was kept in a fully charged state.

Moral of this story appears that there are no worries in leaving the HSD battery but probably best to keep a smart type battery conditioner on the 12v one if the car is left parked for any longish period.

Glad to hear it. Hooking up a Battery conditioner assumes access to power though... The development my flat is in has a covered car park and although there are water points, there are no sockets :( still, been here for nearly 14 years and not really had issues with 12v batteries with any cars I've left for a few weeks (unless the Battery was old and pretty much past its useful life anyway - I do have a jump start power pack thingy just in case, does come in handy for connecting car vacuum and other stuff without trashing the Battery!) Not really expecting any issues when I get the hybrid in a few weeks

Having left my car garaged for just over two weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the HSD battery had remained in a well charged condition having hardly dropped at all from when it was first parked up.. Wonder how long it would actually take before fully discharging, at that rate a very very long time for sure. The 12v auxillary battery was left hooked up to a C-Tek battery minder so needless to say that was kept in a fully charged state.

Moral of this story appears that there are no worries in leaving the HSD battery but probably best to keep a smart type battery conditioner on the 12v one if the car is left parked for any longish period.

My Prius was quite happy being left in an airport car park for 2 weeks with no problems... Think how long they take to get here from Japan or wherever and I've no doubt a 12v or HV in good condition would last for a good while.

Think how long they take to get here from Japan or wherever and I've no doubt a 12v or HV in good condition would last for a good while.

They have factories all over the world. The Yaris, including hybrid, are built in France so the "wherever" isn't that far. The Auris are built in the UK and for the rest I have no idea!

The HV Battery is well capable of lasting a very long time. Prius built in Japan come on a boat that takes around 6 weeks, more if it sits on the docks for a while, the 12v Battery is the weekest point, it only needs the door or boot not to be closed properly and you have a flat 12v Battery in 24 hours, not that any other car lasts much more than 24 hours if something is left on

Kingo :thumbsup:

Toyota have just raised all Yaris hybrid prices by around £200.

From what I can recall, there should be no problem leaving the car unused for 3-6 months where the HV Battery is concerned. The HV Battery will still contain a lethal charge even after being left for a year unused!

A brand new 12V Battery that has been fully charged can last about 6 weeks although it will most likely suffer some damage if the car is left unused for that long i.e. the 12V battery won't hold as much charge from then onwards, shorter life expectancy, etc. The time the car can be left unused really depends on so many factors, I think the main ones being the age of the 12V battery, how often you use the car, what the annual mileage is and whether there are any "bad" usage habits like listening to the radio drawing power only from the 12V battery (i.e. one of the accessory modes instead of running the car in READY mode).

I've been impressed with my CTEK charger. I reckon it has helped my 12V battery last longer than it should given the low mileage that I do, although I can only charge mine up during dry weather.

Toyota have just raised all Yaris hybrid prices by around £200.

How bizarre, because now the prices 'look' so much higher as they all go over another thousand!

From what I can recall, there should be no problem leaving the car unused for 3-6 months where the HV Battery is concerned. The HV battery will still contain a lethal charge even after being left for a year unused!

A brand new 12V battery that has been fully charged can last about 6 weeks although it will most likely suffer some damage if the car is left unused for that long i.e. the 12V battery won't hold as much charge from then onwards, shorter life expectancy, etc. The time the car can be left unused really depends on so many factors, I think the main ones being the age of the 12V battery, how often you use the car, what the annual mileage is and whether there are any "bad" usage habits like listening to the radio drawing power only from the 12V battery (i.e. one of the accessory modes instead of running the car in READY mode).

I've been impressed with my CTEK charger. I reckon it has helped my 12V battery last longer than it should given the low mileage that I do, although I can only charge mine up during dry weather.

The C Tek is a great bit of kit and I now use it via their so called comfort lead. With the Yaris Hybrid the 12V Battery is not very accessible being beneath the rear seat squab so I have connected this lead permanently to the 12 V Battery with the comfort lead's traffic light type indicator connector just protruding from under the rear seat's base. Since my car is left from time to time for a few weeks it is a simple case to hook up the C Tek without any need of Battery access. The indicator always gives me the battery's state of charge and when the car is left I always know it will be fully charged on return. The new Auris appears to be following with its batteries sited beneath the rear seat..

http://www.ctek.com/gb/en/chargers/Comfort%20Indicator%20Eyelet%20M6

With the Yaris Hybrid the 12V battery is not very accessible being beneath the rear seat squab seat..

You sure about that? I thought the HV Battery was under the back seat and the 12v Battery under the bonnet/ hood.

With the Yaris Hybrid the 12V battery is not very accessible being beneath the rear seat squab seat..

You sure about that? I thought the HV Battery was under the back seat and the 12v Battery under the bonnet/ hood.

100% They are both under the rear seat, the 12v auxillary Battery is sited to the off-side ( RHD cars). - same as the Prius C and the new Auris. See page 487 of your owner's manual.

Unlike the Prius there is no jump start facility under the bonnet..

Yes your right. I happen to have the manual with me. I'm reading it through..up to page 444 at the moment.

I used to have a Xsara Picasso and the Battery for that was located under the front passenger seat.

Benefit of that is it protects the Battery from low temperatures and they last a lot longer. But in the event of a roll over accident Citroen specified a 'Gel type' Battery so you didn't get acid sploshing about. I asume/ hope Toyota have done the same?

Yes your right. I happen to have the manual with me. I'm reading it through..up to page 444 at the moment.

I used to have a Xsara Picasso and the battery for that was located under the front passenger seat.

Benefit of that is it protects the battery from low temperatures and they last a lot longer. But in the event of a roll over accident Citroen specified a 'Gel type' battery so you didn't get acid sploshing about. I asume/ hope Toyota have done the same?

Here are a couple of PDF file links regarding the Yaris Hybrid :-

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyota-tech.eu%2FHYBRID%2FHVDM%2FEN%2FYaris%2520HV_EN.pdf&ei=zDZsUKfoOoa40QXagYGICw&usg=AFQjCNFyowTmSuOsAmRP4rjDng_e5e33tw

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyota-tech.eu%2FHYBRID%2FERG%2FEN%2FYaris_NHP130_erg.pdf&ei=hjdsUNSqEOeQ0AWFgYHoAw&usg=AFQjCNFkAbUeciPrICXl1TdcqcoheIXr3Q

Right..so not a gel type but a 'sealed type'.. Let's hope it is.

IIRC the Gel type cost a bit more anyway.

Sealed 12V batteries can in extreme circumstances, such as overcharging, vent hydrogen, the alternative would be for the Battery to explode. I imagine the risk must be pretty small and they should have a venting tube although I sometimes wonder if the tubes really does go all the way outside.

Guys n gals, can I ask if anyone knows how I can change the Speed Camera warning sound? It's just an anonymous beep beep. Just like several other beep beeps that occur for one reason or another..eg EV mode being deactivated etc.

If it could just be a bong or something. I have read the manuals niow and found zip all about it On my Nissan Note Connect system it was a higher pitched beep with a visual flash message detailing the limit etc. But I'd be happy with some different kind of sound.

Really a small matter but I was wondering if it's customisable.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid at the 2012 MPG Marathon

The event will see a Toyota Yaris Hybrid go up against 27 other cars and commercial vehicles on a 151.7-mile route around the south west and Wales to test just how economical it can be.

The Yaris Hybrid is entered into the MPG Marathon for the first time, after

the Yaris won its category last year.

The route promises to be a true test of fuel efficiency, as it comprises motorways, countryside lanes and town driving.

Driven by motoring journalists Alyson Marlow and Andrew Andersz, the Yaris Hybrid, competing for the first time, will be measured against its official fuel economy figure of up to 89mpg.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-yaris-hybrid-at-the-2012-mpg-marathon

... Driven by motoring journalists ...

Oh dear. They should have chosen a couple of hypermilers.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/mpg-marathon-the-result

"79.78mpg, a 4.6 per cent improvement on the official figure of 76.3mpg".

Toyotas website states 80.71 as the combined but also states up to 81 mpg and also up to 89 mpg for the T3 and T4????

I thought the 76.3 mpg figure was for the T Spirit, while it does looks like they used a T4 going by the alloys on the one they used

Have they used a T4 and then used the lower figures of the T Spirit?

Still a good result given the route

Martin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links