Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For The Attention Of Tarquin

I would love doors like that..I have 2 questions that are not answered on the Q&A First is having to move the rubber cable sleeve between the door and pillar. And how does the lock mechanism work Actually the showroom is only 4 miles from me i will go and have a look

David

Marc,

If when you stop you operate the mirror button, the mirrors come in. If you then turn the engine off then press the button again. When you get in the car and start the engine, the mirrors automatically deploy. its a part fix. will think about it. may need a circuit on a small board. a JK flop flop its called will have a look. Ha Ha course you will have to see your button first in the dark.

David

Marc,

If when you stop you operate the mirror button, the mirrors come in. If you then turn the engine off then press the button again. When you get in the car and start the engine, the mirrors automatically deploy. its a part fix. will think about it. may need a circuit on a small board. a JK flop flop its called will have a look. Ha Ha course you will have to see your button first in the dark.

David

Yes David the backlit buttons HHa!!

Had a quick look again via frost bite I think it might be able to be done via a small relay or electronic switch. It needs a 12v feed when the engine is off to actuate the motors. The problem arrises if that 12v feed needs to time out after the mirrors deploy.. Wished it was summer. got a lot done then. Definitely going to try to get this to work. I very rarely use that function as i forget i have it . but auto would be good. Might get through a few motors after a while though

David

Funny how small the world is, Turns out the company that fits the Lambo door mod hinges , is 3 warehouses down from where I used to work and retired from in May. Didn't even know it was there.Will visit them on Monday.

David

Marc, Geoff came up with a good idea, for the mirrors. To have them close in when you lock the car and open when you walk up to it. How does that fit into your requirements? His idea was to indicate the car is locked or un-locked

David

Marc, Geoff came up with a good idea, for the mirrors. To have them close in when you lock the car and open when you walk up to it. How does that fit into your requirements? His idea was to indicate the car is locked or un-locked

David

That's a good idea David. We have to get 3 vehicles on our drive side by side and I close the mirrors all the time, so that we can walk between them. That would be great if you grab the handle and the smart entry opens the doors and folds out the mirrors. Then when you touch the handle to close doors, it folds in te mirrors. Perhaps the interior mirror switch could be used to switch it off.

Marc

Might look to have the mirrors come out as you approach the car assuming the internal light is switched to door. Rather than wait until you grab the handle.

david

Might look to have the mirrors come out as you approach the car assuming the internal light is switched to door. Rather than wait until you grab the handle.

david

Sounds cool David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links