Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My E11

Littlenicky

Stripped out the majority of the wiring today.

At Cheltenham rest of the week so wont be anymore done.

DSCF0836.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlenicky

• PaulinhoT

• Steven252

• wolfiehere

Nice :thumbsup: i guess your not reinstalling the wiring loom as its not labled up?

What u going to use to cut the floor plan out?

Nope not going to use the wiring loom , gonna buy a new one , much easier to wire up that way and will be a lot easier to maintain. All ive kept is all the connections for the lights. The only wires i can remember connected to things was all those yellow ones were the Airbags and seat belt pre-tensioners.

Regarding the floor plan , the plan is now to stick with the Corolla floor as the WRC car has the Corolla floor with just a few bits and pieces added to make everything fit.

Now that does sound interesting as id love to fit a 3sgte and 4wd into mine :thumbsup:

A good update :) it's coming on pretty quickly isn't it.

Have a nice time at Cheltenham.

Yup its coming along well.

Lets hope i have a profitable week at Cheltenham.

I will freely put my hand up and say I know NOTHING about horses :( cars.. well that's a different matter lol.

After a good Tuesday , crap Wednesday , awesome Thursday and nightmare Friday last week i was back in the workshop today and managed to get the engine out although buyer still has yet to contact me grrrrrrrr.

Also found out the Gearbox wont fit on the ST185 engine so will be selling that on fleabay too.

DSCF0857.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

DSCF0863.jpg

Getting there :) wont be long till your fitting parts to the corolla rather than taking off :thumbsup:

Looking forward to putting things on the car , not looking forward to paying for them :)

Good stuff, thanks for the updates. Very interesting project, just wish my funds would allow something like this too.

Not much left of the Corolla now , ordered the steel for my roll cage today , £360 ouch.

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

OMG that is stripped :)

This is going to be great, just wondering if your going to cut out the spare wheel well ? not sure why I asked really, just seems to be a lot of people that do that.

I wish I had the workshop space and time to do this, my project has stalled due to not having any space or time (busy at work).

Still I'm enjoying this thread so keep it up :)

Yep i will be cutting out the spare wheel well , got some cash for my engine , gearbox and drive shafts today , not a massive amount but £190 will help pay off my Steel bill :)

Have you worked out what wheels your going to fit ? or will you keep the 16" MiMs ?

If i can use the Corolla Hubs then i will keep the MiM's.

Will be interesting to find out, I was going to order my new suspension a couple of weeks ago, but again I don't want to buy twice. I'm trying to find out if I would have to change it if I changed my engine etc?

You have to admit the MiMs do look nice don't they :)

Yep they are a nice looking set of wheels.

Back breaking couple of days squashed up inside the Shell trying to get rid of the tar crap and the gunk covering the seems ready for welding before the roll cage goes in.

On a positive note ive got hold of a couple of fibreglass rear arches :yahoo:

Sounds good Anthony, can't wait to see what there like :-)

Oooo i like the sound of that! Get some pictures up :)

Are you doing the floor plan modifications before fitting the roll cage? As it'd make sense to do that first?

Floor Mods are in the middle at the front so gonna bang the cage in first , been welding and grinding out little bits inside that are no longer required today. !Removed! full of bruises from clambering around inside.

I didnt expect there to be this much preparation involved , i just thought it was a case of ripping everything out and sticking a roll cage and seats in.

There are so many little fittings that have been spotted welded in that need to be removed and then holes cut into the inner parts of the Shell to increase weight reduction.

The joint seal stuff is horrible stuff that is a nightmare to remove its like silly string and ends up going everywhere when you use a grinder with a wire brush thing on it and then behind some of the panels there is this tar stuff that was also a right pain to remove.

Still got a load of seems that need to be stitch welded and the metal is so thin in places that ive already made a small hole.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links