Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heaters Not Working

The Batmobile

Hi guys i wonder if anybody can help me ??

I have a Gen 7 Celica 190 99/00 and the heaters have gone wierd !!

I changed the radiator 12 months ago after the old one went from having a small leak to dropping its guts whilst i was driving. But now with a new radiator and all new coolant the heater is playing up with only one side of the car getting warm (passenger side) and the drivers side staying cold when the control is set to hot.

Has anybody had this problem or heard about it, and share any light on the subject ???

Hi im new to this forum but from my experiance it sounds like its got an air lock, the worst one i had was on a discovery were i ended up taking a top hose off and putting the hose pipe on and when the water came out the other pipe quickley shoved the pipe back as it should be and was spot on after getting the water flowing round.

Yeah that'll be an airlock. The Celica is a pig to bleed. You've basically just got to burp it. So cap off and leave her run for a long time. The system should work the air out, though it will cost you some fuel!

Is not the heat source (heater rad) not the same for both sides on your motors,Guys??

If so,could not the prob be with the ducting to the drivers side??

Just throwing in an idea

Del

I have tried leaving the cap off and running it even to the point of the fans kicking in repeatedly, iv heard of the hose pipe trick so i think thats my next mission. I did use something like Radweld with the small leak on the last radiator. would that be contributing to my issue ?? i did drain the system before replacing anything but did not flush it, so do you think i shoulkd start again with new coolant after a good flush out ??

cheers for the help guys.

It wouldn't hurt to flush it and you're happy to do it. I know when my Alu rad was fitted & all my Supercharger stuff was done (engine out a couploe of times), that it was left for ages at a time ticking over.

I bled mine by getting the front as high as possible (as the heater matrix is higher than the filler cap) then massaged the pipes. Takes a bit of time like others have said but saved me pulling pipes off.

Mark

ok guys. today was the day. Completly drained all the cooling system then set up a hose pipe and flushed it for a good 5 mins then switched it around to reverse flush and then switched it back to carry on flushing this time with the engine running and it was all running clear. Then drained the system again and put back together with all new coolant with it jacked up, so the nose was in the air and engine running, massaged the pipes and tried everything until no more air coming out and still no joy it is still blowing cold on the drivers side.

So could it be the heater matrix ??

and if so where the hell is it and what does it look like ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links