Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Diesel Additive Is Best ?

rambler

Not trying to convince anyone DD, and I'm not claiming to be a pioneer either. :thumbs: Just sharing my personal findings with those that have an interest in additives, and hoping it might help someone who wants to try it, or doesn't believe in premium fuels or additives. If nobody takes any notice then that is all well and good, and likewise if someone decides to give it a go :)

Well thats always been my feelings as well but its amazing how its like a red flag to a bull to some when you say you use additives.

I couldn`t give a monkeys if people use them or not, I really couldn`t care one way or the other, its just infuriating when they question your own findngs having never even used the !Removed! stuff themselves and have little or no knowledge on the subject.

It is known as the placebo effect also known as self delusion -quite harmless though a waste of money.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• local hero

• rambler

Not trying to convince anyone DD, and I'm not claiming to be a pioneer either. :thumbs: Just sharing my personal findings with those that have an interest in additives, and hoping it might help someone who wants to try it, or doesn't believe in premium fuels or additives. If nobody takes any notice then that is all well and good, and likewise if someone decides to give it a go :)

Well thats always been my feelings as well but its amazing how its like a red flag to a bull to some when you say you use additives.

I couldn`t give a monkeys if people use them or not, I really couldn`t care one way or the other, its just infuriating when they question your own findngs having never even used the !Removed! stuff themselves and have little or no knowledge on the subject.

It is known as the placebo effect also known as self delusion -quite harmless though a waste of money.

You must be the new forum troll?

Welcome, I hope your SHORT say is enjoyable and your future posts are equally useful.

I wasn`t having a `pop` about using cheap TS, just it was the more expensive oil I had in mind when I thought V-Power may have worked out cheaper :)

No problem, I know it wasn't mean as a 'pop'. I was just trying to point out that TS doesn't have to be expensive, and i can be cheaper than using Vpower if you shop around.

:)

Is it that your party piece or the limits of your discussion ?

Niether of which answer the OPs question which was ??????? :D

Welcome, I hope your SHORT say is enjoyable and your future posts are equally useful.

How about I sell you some elephant dust? Throw it out your back door every night and it will keep the elephants away? Don’t believe me? Well try it and you won’t see any elephant footprints in the morning.

One of the symptoms of self delusion is anger at being challenged.

Sad :bye:

How about I sell you some elephant dust? Throw it out your back door every night and it will keep the elephants away? Don’t believe me? Well try it and you won’t see any elephant footprints in the morning.

Anger at being challenged is not something i suffer from. I don't regard your post as any form of challenge, I find it a very good advertisement for your ignorance of other peoples findings.

If you bothered to read this whole thread properly, you will find that I have explained my own findings on various different additives. Some made no difference, others have. I have evidence of the improvement in MPG, and have put TS in my car without informing my wife, only for her to ask me why my engine is quieter, and point out that the MPG was 5-6 higher than it normally is on the same journey, and a brim to brim fill up has backed up these findings.

I have no problem with anyone who thinks additives are a waste of money, IF they are prepared to actually give them a go and PROVE their findings.

I assume you run your car on the cheapest supermarket fuel available, and will continue to do so?

If that is correct, then I advise you to remove your EGR and post up a photo for us all to see, and state your mileage.

Maybe clean it when it is removed, and then do the same in 5k and 10k and see if it clogs up quickly or not.

I'm 100% sure that it will, because I have done this on my own cars several times, and other peoples, and have found mine to remain cleaner for longer due to the better fuel.

At the end of the day, if you haven't got the balls to try something for yourself, then don't troll a forum and claim that peoples findings are all in the mind, when you have no proof of your own to disprove my findings.

On that note, I will no longer be replying to any of your posts.

I blended a rather large onion, added a splash of vinegar to the mix, then poured this into a tank full of sainsburys finest, and the result was awesome :D

No body tailgates me anymore for some reason :thumbsup:

Bonus!

I blended a rather large onion, added a splash of vinegar to the mix, then poured this into a tank full of sainsburys finest, and the result was awesome :D No body tailgates me anymore for some reason :thumbsup: Bonus!

You want to stick with what you know the best ! :lol:

F8258.jpg

I blended a rather large onion, added a splash of vinegar to the mix, then poured this into a tank full of sainsburys finest, and the result was awesome :D

No body tailgates me anymore for some reason :thumbsup:

Bonus!

I blended a rather large onion, added a splash of vinegar to the mix, then poured this into a tank full of sainsburys finest, and the result was awesome :D No body tailgates me anymore for some reason :thumbsup: Bonus!

You want to stick with what you know the best ! :lol:

F8258.jpg

Aaaah......thats better

A little light hearted banter on this thread !........ :lol::clap:

I only asked wich additive you folk thought was best,got my answer.

WARNING - Don't take your laptop to the loo and read this thread. I did and then spent 15 minutes lay face down on the landing carpet waiting for the blood to go back to my legs.

Flippin ek, there were more twists and turns than in an episode of 24, I didn't have clue where it was going.

Stewpot.

Higher cetane fuels allow more advanced injection timing without the risk of diesel knock. It usually results in better performance and economy. If a knock sensor retards the timing it will definitely result in a reduced performance even if only for a short time. I suspect taxis are nowhere near as highly tuned as a RAV engine and have timing set for "city diesel".

As for additives, I have always said that they should not be needed in qood quality fuel or oil under normal circumstances. I currently have a can of BG244 added to a full tank of Total Excellium. I would never normally consider this even with the esteemed Kev the Big singing its praises although I'm not sure it has lived up to his claim of quietening the engine. The ONLY reason I added it was to speed up or assist the process of clearing any carbon deposits that may have built up during the previous owners 6600 miles of ownership, presuming he ran it on supermarket diesel. There is everychance that high grade diesel would have done it eventually but I just like the idea of cleaning out. I can say that it the performance at the moment is absolutely astonishing - it is an absolute flying machine but the trouble is I never really tried it before so I can't conclude whether it always did.

So is BG244 any good? I don't really know and without me pulling EGR pipes off before and after (which is a PITA) on a 150 engine) I possibly never will. I can say that I will not be adding any more unless a specific reason occurs (like a sticky something or aother that Jamie is suffering with). I will rely entirely on the merits of decent diesel.

As we purge out these troublesome engines and they get replaced with ones that use little or no oil, there should technically be less of a need for higher grade diesel to combat carbon from oil consumption but even so there will always be a benefit from avoiding the risk of diesel knock.

Once a year I put a can of BG244 into a full tank of V-Power to give it a wee clean....I personally notice a wee uplift in performance both during this tankful, and for a couple of tankfuls thereafter. I am convinced it also runs a bit quieter,

That's all folks.......has it cleaned anyfink or avoided future engine failure...? Haven't a scooby....will wait until page 16 of this post and come back in.............

Big Kev :group-cuddles:

Anyone tried Castor oil? I hear it's good if you need a clean out?

Who we gonna ask ?

Ask Jedoil 134,photo-73910.jpg hes the man !

Looks more like Jedwood to me! hahahahaha :P :P :baaa: :baaa:

PICOLAX,Thats what you need.. :yes: you take it, 20 mins later you are immitating Usain Bolt in a misguided effort to get to the loo, (you won't make it) :blowup: if your wise you will remain there for the next 1/2hr until you can do a passing impression of the Niagara Falls, Then it delivers the sucker punch, just when you have hobbled halfway downstairs, Usain Bolt kicks in again, 1/2 hour later Trust me your EGR is cleaner than anything known to man (even Anch's engine) :yes: unfortunately this stuff (I Think) is only available on prescription, if not it certainly should be. I am going to treat my Rav to 1/2 a teaspoon full, I will let you know the results :thumbsup:

PICOLAX,Thats what you need.. :yes: you take it, 20 mins later you are immitating Usain Bolt in a misguided effort effort to get to the loo, (you won't make it) :blowup: if your wise you will remain there for the next 1/2hr until you can do a passing impression of the Niagara Falls, Then it delivers the sucker punch, just when you have hobbled halfway downstairs, Usain Bolt kicks in again, 1/2 hour later Trust me your EGR is cleaner than anything known to man (even Anch's engine) :yes: unfortunately this stuff (I Think) is only available on prescription, if not it certainly should be. I am going to treat my Rav to 1/2 a teaspoon full, I will let you know the results :thumbsup:

Haway Stew, now your just talking a load of sh1te :lol:

Looks more like Jedwood to me! hahahahaha :P :P :baaa: :baaa:

Oh it should be.......

woc17.jpg

You bet ya bottom $ :thumbsup:

Jedi shale fuel ULBS & Jedi shale fuel onion power for performance veg oil burning engines :clap:

Jedi shale fuel ULBS & Jedi shale fuel onion power for performance veg oil burning engines :clap:

Ya canna wack the auld coal oil can ya ? :thumbsup:

Where do I sign up for this wonderful love juice?... I've just gotta have some :wub: :P :bookworm: :thumbsup::yes::in_love::chinese::doctor::kisss: :lol2: :naughty::laughing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links