Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Did You Buy A Toyota?

Gods_gift

Would that help make the mpg worse than a Jag?!

My figures are based on running with just a couple of suitcases . Plus the rav has a far smaller engine after all

Took me 10 minutes just to read all the gadgets and toys on my car when looking at it's advert. Great spec IMHO.

What I meant was it lacks specification compared to the T180.. No sunroof or full leather and still no spare wheel.... Honda s CRV at least can be had with the roof and leather option....Only a percentage of punctures can be mended with the repair kits..How would You feel about You or Your wife trying to carry out a repair on a dual carraigway or motorway ??

Personally I've got full leather and a sun roof (2007 XTR). I presume you're saying there are periods when they weren't available? They may come back, who knows!

I have changed many Tyres over the years some on motorways etc. I would be much happier using the repair kit in those situations as it would possibly be less hazardous. I would also be perfectly happy for my wife to do the same, trusting that if she were worried she would call the RAC instead, but tbh I think she'd just get on and do it herself! Physically it is much easier to do the repair than change a tyre.

Dave

Personally I've got full leather and a sun roof (2007 XTR). I presume you're saying there are periods when they weren't available? They may come back, who knows!

I have changed many Tyres over the years some on motorways etc. I would be much happier using the repair kit in those situations as it would possibly be less hazardous. I would also be perfectly happy for my wife to do the same, trusting that if she were worried she would call the RAC instead, but tbh I think she'd just get on and do it herself! Physically it is much easier to do the repair than change a tyre.

Dave

Dave My comments were about the very latest Rav.. It is not possible to spec a sunroof. or full leather... Both can be added as aftermarket of course but was quoted 1700 for the leather and 700 for the roof.. The sunroof would Im told void the body warranty as Toyota say they removed the sunroof option from their small cars in order to keep structural rigidity.. So cutting a hole in the roof will void the whole of body warranty........

Dave My comments were about the very latest Rav.. It is not possible to spec a sunroof. or full leather... Both can be added as aftermarket of course but was quoted 1700 for the leather and 700 for the roof.. The sunroof would Im told void the body warranty as Toyota say they removed the sunroof option from their small cars in order to keep structural rigidity.. So cutting a hole in the roof will void the whole of body warranty........

How nice of Toyota to protect their UK customers by eliminating that unsafe sunroof. Too bad for us N. American drivers though--the sunroof/moonroof has always been an option on the RAV4. I guess Toyota doesn't mind Americans driving around in structurally unsound deathtraps! :)

Sounds to me that Toyota make cars on bulk for country/regional markets to keep costs down. All car firms are run by accountants so bets are a certain percentage of people only opt'd for sunroofs in a focus group so they dropped them from the standard Shell for EMEA where the US focus group said yes they were important. Result = save £x on emea shells = more profit simples.

Sounds to me that Toyota make cars on bulk for country/regional markets to keep costs down. All car firms are run by accountants so bets are a certain percentage of people only opt'd for sunroofs in a focus group so they dropped them from the standard shell for EMEA where the US focus group said yes they were important. Result = save £x on emea shells = more profit simples.

Thats exactly what all the non "Premium" brands do, its only the "Premium" brands that let you pick the colour of the stitching on your seats, and they let you know you've paid for it. Its brilliant marketing and very profitable.

I must say that I find all this bickering hilarious! Keep it up guys!!!

PS - nice to see the Lexus rx at the top of the pile in that survey. Personal experience of that model (2008 rx400h) was of a very well built high quality vehicle with a cracking spec. In fact, as stated earlier in this thread, it is the main reason why I bought the Rav4, as a cheaper (affordable) similar alternative.

How nice of Toyota to protect their UK customers by eliminating that unsafe sunroof. Too bad for us N. American drivers though--the sunroof/moonroof has always been an option on the RAV4. I guess Toyota doesn't mind Americans driving around in structurally unsound deathtraps! :)

Pretty much My thought's James... After all does it mean all cars that had the feature previously are now not safe ..

As for a cost cutting measure .. Well that may well be right.. But from memory the option of the sunroof was circa £600. So I would have though Toyota would have made a profit on cars specified with a roof given that that is the basic cost of an aftermarket sunroof including installation.........

Ben.. We dont bicker We converse.........................................

Sorry...

This "conversing" is hilarious!!!

Sorry...

Perhaps You could enlighten Us with an opinion rather than a criticism ?? It is easy to sit on the side lines and complain... Far harder sometimes than adding a constructive comment...

Sorry...

Perhaps You could enlighten Us with an opinion rather than a criticism ?? It is easy to sit on the side lines and complain... Far harder sometimes than adding a constructive comment...

I have not criticised anyone. I have infact complimented this thread on its entertainment value and the intresting/informative nature of the opinion poll league tables posted earlier, so far from criticism.

I just find it comical that some folk seem intent on impressing their opinions onto others, and woe betide anyone who should disagree.

Constructive...

Well firstly I guess you meant to type "far harder sometimes to add a constructive comment..." otherwise your comments are at odds with themselves.

Sorry, that was a little sarcastic, but constructive none the less you must agree.

If you look at any other post i have made in this or any other thread, they are all either genuine opinion,constructive or relevant to topic. I make one light hearted observational comment and get chastised for it.

I wasn't aware there was a humour ban in place...

Benxt5 ignore Charlie he's very touchy. If you question him you'll be called a mug or told to !Removed! (possibly both in the same post if you push the right buttons).

What year is your XT5? I havent seen many on my travels. Have you modded it at all?

Benxt5 ignore Charlie he's very touchy. If you question him you'll be called a mug or told to !Removed! (possibly both in the same post if you push the right buttons).

What year is your XT5? I havent seen many on my travels. Have you modded it at all?

If You want to reduce this to a personal level the comments you keep constantly reffering to were made because you constantly asked the same questions despite being pointed at a thread with all the information....

I did not call You a mug.. I said anyone believing a certain bit of info was a mug... But if the cap fits......

DP

If You want to reduce this to a personal level the comments you keep constantly reffering to were made because you constantly asked the same questions despite being pointed at a thread with all the information....

I did not call You a mug.. I said anyone believing a certain bit of info was a mug... But if the cap fits......

One of our long standing members commented on the way this forum is going lately.... And your ridiculous comments of pushing buttons indicates why !!!

You need to consider what you type.... Most of the long standing members here help everyone freely and some of us go the extra yard.......

Just because an off the cuff comment is made does not indicate I hate you..... That should be left on that thread and not used in a very pathetic way to try and beat me about the head with... Grow up chap ..................

It's a 56reg. Only added some side steps so far. Also updated the nav DVD to a 2009 from the lovely eBay so now I can browse mp3 folders and access the nav on the move.

It also has the protection pack (I think it was called) which is the side and bumper rub strips and the large boot lip cover.

It is by far the best equipped and spec'd car I have owned. I only miss the pace, coming from having much more powerful, quicker (and more thirsty) cars.

...but then this is a different type of vehicle to all my previous hot hatches and bahn stormers. Much like the owner, built for comfort rather than speed! ;)

f165fa24.jpg

Ben, what do you think of the rubbing strips on the side? I am umming and ahhing about getting some. Good extra protection I would think, but on the lighter cars, like your silver they do stand out.

Have you found they have proved effective and saved your doors from dings?

I dont buy a car without them Hoovie, they seem to stop dings in the doors from all cars apart from landrovers, having said that with a grey car they fit in pretty well.

Gus

They fit in beautifully with an Astral Black Rav ;)

Ben, what do you think of the rubbing strips on the side? I am umming and ahhing about getting some. Good extra protection I would think, but on the lighter cars, like your silver they do stand out.

Have you found they have proved effective and saved your doors from dings?

They do stand out but I think of them more as a feature of the chunky design. I choose the side steps with the black ends and rubber grips to compliment them.

There are no dinks on the doors so either they do their job well or I have just been very lucky! The full boot lip guard has been the most useful of the bits as we take the bikes out quite often and just put them in the back.

IMAG0284-1-1.jpg

It dosent look to bad on the back, but I personally would want them colour coded on the sides,

Otherwise it looks like you have huge eye brows stuck to your doors :lol:

It dosent look to bad on the back, but I personally would want them colour coded on the sides,

Otherwise it looks like you have a huge eye brow on each side :lol:

Having them colour coded is just a waste of time. As soon as they take a couple of hits they start to look scabby............

Cheers for replies :) . I don't generally need to park in car parks as a daily thing. If I did, would have them for sure.

Just a couple of weeks ago I fitted a black set to a white swift and they looked fine, but that had black accent highlights already. On a black car, tony, no brainer for sure :D (added to the QQ but one fell off despite have all the right prep - non-OEM rubbish I think).

What's that big round lump on the back of your RAV, Ben? I could do with one of them :). I have the chrome strp rather then black one (think is was from some styling pack with the front nudge bar?) and it does the job :yes: The bumper corners go well with the side strips and make it blend in better.

Oh well, have to keep on musing on it while I pimp other things (DRLs!)

Cheers :)

Otherwise it looks like you have a huge eye brow on each side :lol:

Having them colour coded is just a waste of time. As soon as they take a couple of hits they start to look scabby............

But not having them colour coded on a non black car, looks like one huge scabby ding :D

Just looks cheap and tacky to me....:unsure:

I might nip to B&Q buy some black guttering and stick that to the sides of my rav.......:thumbsup:

What's that big round lump on the back of your RAV, Ben?

LOL... I wasn't aware when I bought the car that these were being phased out. I had seen ones without but thought it was an option to have or not have the rear mounted spare or that the ones without all had runflats. Quite glad I have it although it does prevent fitting a bike rack.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links