Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Ad Engine Replacement Figures.. Help Please From All 2.2 Diesel Owner

CharlieFarlie

I have T180 06 with 90k and havnt had any problems yet!? It will probably blow up now!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• CharlieFarlie

• Davrav

• CWOR

I'd just like to say I have a 57 XTR 2.2 with no issues whatsoever.

Please add me to the list so it doesn't show 80% of members with an issue!!!

Not Dave

B)

Oops, nearly forgot, I have 20 mates with exact same car and NO issues.

(was that too far?)

Do you realize how much work it was just for that one joke?!! And it wasn't even funny!

The Real Dave

Hi I am mark.. I know Chas or charlie on here as he helped me with getting the engine changed im my car wich is a toyota rav4 sr180. the car was registerd in september 2009 and is a 59 plated car it was built from memeory in april 2009 I had problems when the turbo went on holiday in france because the oil went low. It was not until I met chas and he told me about the situation with the engines that I went back to toyota and made a complaint. after this complaint they checked the oil and some other things on the car and then booked the car in for the engine to be swapped over this was at about 43000 miles. after this and armed with what to say i went again to toyota and made another complaint about the cost of the turbo wich cost 2100 pounds I realise I should have checked the oil more often but it was agreed that without the oil burning the turbo would not have gone so toyota gave back the money for the cost of the turbo.While my car was at the garage there was another 2 cars in for new motors one of those was also a 2009 but an avensis and one other rav.

You were very lucky then if yours is an April 2009 build date as the original warranty and the extended one only cover RAVs with a build date up to December 08................

See extract below:

Those vehicles fitted with AD diesel engines

Avensis with 1AD or 2AD (Prod. Date: Apr 2005 to Feb 2009)

RAV4 with 2AD (Prod. Date: Jul 2005 to Dec 2008)

Auris with 1AD or 2AD (Prod. Date: Sep 2006 to Sep 2009)

Verso with 2AD (Prod. Date: Apr 2005 to Nov 2008)

No replacement or engine problems....yet.

2007 2.2 XT4. Had it from new, uses next to no oil between yearly services, does around 2,500-3,000 miles each year towing a caravan, rest of the time it's just the wife's local shopping trolley.

Very convenient. A one post newby with a 2009 failure that knows of two others.

I've heard everything now.

Pathetic.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

I realise You will do anything to defend the precious Rav but the above ??

What exactly are You suggesting ??

We also have a one post new member who has no problem ??

now I know why i dont bother with internet forums.Chas has been on the fone to me this morning and given me a huge boloking for putting up my information i have been lookin at this website for some while and finaly decided to say something now i wash i hadnt botherd wont be back here thats for sure. anyone who knows chas would be surprised at this lot of rubbish and would never say that rubbish to his face thats for sure please remove what i have said......Mark

****THIS TOPIC IS RAPIDLY DEGENERATING INTO PERSONAL CRITICISM AND IS IN DANGER OF LOSEING DIRECTION FROM THE ORIGINAL POLL

ALL POSTERS ARE REMINDED TO REMAIN "ON TOPIC" OR THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED.......WHICH WOULD BE A SHAME AS SOME CONTRIBUTORS HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO REMAIN ON TOPIC

PLEASE PLAY NICELY! ****

****THIS TOPIC IS RAPIDLY DEGENERATING INTO PERSONAL CRITICISM AND IS IN DANGER OF LOSEING DIRECTION FROM THE ORIGINAL POLL

ALL POSTERS ARE REMINDED TO REMAIN "ON TOPIC" OR THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED.......WHICH WOULD BE A SHAME AS SOME CONTRIBUTORS HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO REMAIN ON TOPIC

PLEASE PLAY NICELY! ****

Could not agree further, Red....timely contraception there....sorry, intervention.

Being the honest ex salesman I am....read on.....

I am 99% certain I have sold my Rav to a friend of a friend back home for a very mutually favourable sum. I will know for sure when I return from This Canada in 3 weeks if he wishes to go ahead, and I have taken great pains to explain to him that this particular year / model has not yet been PROVEN to have a problematical engine, but if it has, a nice man will give him a new wan !!!!! He WAS MOST IMPRESSED THAT HE WOULD STILL HAVE MORE THAN 3 YEARS WARRANTY ON THE ENGINE.

This if anything almost became a positive selling point....he knows my car via his mutual friend next door, sees me forever keeping it in anal knick, and this engine stuff in no way deters him.

Furramore.....if this buyer falls through, the next door neighbour now showing great interest in it if their friend falls down on the deal !!!!!! WHUBBLEDAMMY !!!!

Now you are all asking....." would you have made a total stranger aware of this possible engine situation....? YES.

Big Kev the Commonwealth Champion of Rav sales.

PLEASE PLAY NICELY! ****

Could not agree further, Red....timely contraception there....sorry, intervention.

Being the honest ex salesman I am....read on.....

I am 99% certain I have sold my Rav to a friend of a friend back home for a very mutually favourable sum. I will know for sure when I return from This Canada in 3 weeks if he wishes to go ahead, and I have taken great pains to explain to him that this particular year / model has not yet been PROVEN to have a problematical engine, but if it has, a nice man will give him a new wan !!!!! He WAS MOST IMPRESSED THAT HE WOULD STILL HAVE MORE THAN 3 YEARS WARRANTY ON THE ENGINE.

This if anything almost became a positive selling point....he knows my car via his mutual friend next door, sees me forever keeping it in anal knick, and this engine stuff in no way deters him.

Furramore.....if this buyer falls through, the next door neighbour now showing great interest in it if their friend falls down on the deal !!!!!! WHUBBLEDAMMY !!!!

Now you are all asking....." would you have made a total stranger aware of this possible engine situation....? YES.

Big Kev the Commonwealth Champion of Rav sales.

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Off topic content deleted

Hi Jimbob,

Edited by Red Yaris 54

Edited by Red Yaris 54

07 XTR. New 3/4 engine fitted June 2012 due to head gasket failure at 36,000 miles.

AND i still love my RAV

Regards Clare

Edited by Red Yaris 54

Please keep posts ON Topic

Edited by Red Yaris 54

I'm always intrigued when I see "post edited by mods" and this thread is full of them! What have I missed? And before this one also gets censored, can I say that I am in the big ole "US of A" at the moment so can apply the 1st amendment...

Anyway did anyone get chance to read my last post about oil consumption in relation to the engine issue? It was right before the all the silliness broke out so I guess it was overshadowed by that somewhat...

I'm always intrigued when I see "post edited by mods" and this thread is full of them! What have I missed? And before this one also gets censored, can I say that I am in the big ole "US of A" at the moment so can apply the 1st amendment...

Anyway did anyone get chance to read my last post about oil consumption in relation to the engine issue? It was right before the all the silliness broke out so I guess it was overshadowed by that somewhat...

Clearly Red Yaris 54 has <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> all else to do.....

Red, I'm not that bothered that the topic stays strictly on the subject. If somebody wants to throw something else in does it matter?

Its a forum, not a tax return.

If a poll on a forum does not stay "On Topic" then it becomes totally flawed and quite meaningless

The task of the Moderators is to ensure that topics and particularly those with polls attached do not get sidetracked with off topic comments

When such comments flood a poll topic then the poll becomes worthless and should be closed

By removing off topic posts I had hoped to keep the poll and Topic open for those that have something useful to contribute :)

Correct me if I,m wrong but there is not a poll on this thread!!!!!, that,s on Don,s thread. This thread was started by Charlie, why I don,t know because the other poll covered the problems completly.

Red whilst I see your,e point as a Super Moderator,I think you where a bit over zealous.

Regards Clare

Correct me if I,m wrong but there is not a poll on this thread!!!!!, that,s on Don,s thread. This thread was started by Charlie, why I don,t know because the other poll covered the problems completly.

Red whilst I see your,e point as a Super Moderator,I think you where a bit over zealous.

Regards Clare

This thread was looking for figures and gathering information......Charlie was collating information about engine changes for whatever reason he wanted it.

When posters start posting totally off topic information it is time for moderation in an attempt to keep some form of order to the topic

I cannot agree that I was being over zealous......the topic was going wide of the mark with personal comments from some contributers.

Those comments were moderated...Other comments which triggered the Automatic Swear Filter have at the moment been left in situ

INDEED THE WHOLE TOPIC WILL BE EITHER LOCKED OR TIDIED UP IF MANY MORE OFF TOPIC POSTS APPEAR

I personally would like to see this Topic reach a worthy conclusion

One of my cousins has a Rav, its a 2006 model, 2.2. Its engine's been fine so far :) .He gets it serviced every year but I don't think he does much else with it really, as he tends to neglect it apart from servicing. Ha, sure he hardly even bothers to wash it :unsure: He's thinking of changing it for another when the new shape comes out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links