Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Problem On 54Plate 2Ltr Tspirit

darkt

This is a funny one so please stay and read, 3 times now over a six month period I have tried to start the car after it not being used for a couple of days and the Battery behaves as if it has no charge.

But after trying to turn the engine over a few times the Battery picks up and starts the car.

Now comes the fun part, the clock has reset itself to 12.00 and the full auto power windows will only work if you hold the switch either up or down, the radio still has all it's pre-sets, every thing else works.

The windows remain not working properly for about a day then one of them will start to work on auto, then a day or so later another one will work until the end of 7 days they all work.

First couple of times I thought it could have been condensation but this last time it has been rain and snow clear for a week before the problem happened.

Local garage had checked for any fault codes but could only find one relating to an intermittent oxygen sensor and that was 8 months ago.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

managed to find a link to window problems and sorted, just trying to figure out why batteries behaving like it is.

Get the Battery load tested/drop tested at a local car parts supplier as it may have a cell failing apart from that remove Battery connections (Neg first) and clean both of them along with the negative earth connection to the car body.

All these checks can be done without spending any money and is always a good place to start.

Pete.

It sounds like a weak Battery to me, get it tested 1st the cold spell may have damaged a cell or two.

It's only about 12 months old so will go and have it checked, I'd already cleaned the terminals after 1st time it dis it and the garage I'd bought Battery from had said the Battery was OK.

Will have another go at them.

Thanks for replies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links