Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 T180

Sky711

OK not litterally but he is right up the box and never goes above 1500 rpm. Neither he or I have a manual any more so we have little input. The auto takes itself much higher in revs than I ever did with a manual.

Take your point Ancs..

And I agree if you don't go over 1500rpm you will easily see 30-40mpg in a 180.

But who in the real world does that..I have tried and it ain't easy,in fact you spend so much time watching the rev counter it borders on being dangerous ;~)

My obc readings are way higher then ever after cleaning my maf, back to what they were when I first bought my car and before engine change. Showing 37 to 41 over a varied journey via motorway and non motorway roads today to Dunham Massey.......fingers crossed a £3.99 electrical contact cleaner has sorted my issues. (Leaves no residue)

Once again brim to brim will verify.

Thank goodness for the OBC......the only thing on Toyota Forum that can talk more rubbish than me......!!!

I recently sold my 06-plate T180 and bought another one. It's Guy's old one that he traded in. My old RAV had 90k on the clock and had a new engine and clutch at 70k. I used to get about 410-420 miles per tank with mixed driving until I had the replacement engine. This dropped to about 390-400, which I put down to the tighter engine. It was just beginning to loosen-up when I sold it. The 08 model is doing about 410-420, so I'm happy with it. Thanks for taking good care of it Guy!

I have just fitted gas struts to the bonnet, and the reversing camera is on its way via eBay. The extra boot lighting is already done - I believe that Anchs may know something about that.

A little bit ;-)

Glad its gone to a good home.

A little bit ;-)

Glad its gone to a good home.

How dae ye know Steve- Jeep lives in Scotland....?

if YOU take it over 1500rpm, does an alarm go aff.....? LOL.

Steve - Jeep min......did you source said gas strutters locally or abroad? Always fancied some since Davrav did his.....

Compliments of the Phantom Boot Light Fitter, I now also have reversey beep beeps and they work brill in tandem with the reversing camera, which in Scotland gives one a distorted image....somewhat blurred due to prepissitation.......I had already fitted the bootlights, but let him wire them up. Must make him feel wanted / useful.

Big Kev.

I took the lazy route and got the struts from Redline Tuning in USA. They do a complete kit - struts, brackets, screws, rivets, plus comprehensive instructions in full colour. I think I got the original idea from this site. I did the same job on my other RAV, so I missed the lazy bonnet lift - Just had to sort the new one out. There's nothing in the kit that couldn't be sourced in UK; It's just handy if someone else has done the engineering calulations and assembled the right bits.

I also did the camera on my old RAV, but I don't like the idea of having to wipe off the gunge regularly, so I decided to mount it inside the back door at the top (screws into the top trim). It looks out through the top of the area which is covered by the rear screen wiper, so I don't have any worries about Northern (or Southern) precipitation.

Happy RAV-ing,

Steve

I took the lazy route and got the struts from Redline Tuning in USA. They do a complete kit - struts, brackets, screws, rivets, plus comprehensive instructions in full colour. I think I got the original idea from this site. I did the same job on my other RAV, so I missed the lazy bonnet lift - Just had to sort the new one out. There's nothing in the kit that couldn't be sourced in UK; It's just handy if someone else has done the engineering calulations and assembled the right bits.

I also did the camera on my old RAV, but I don't like the idea of having to wipe off the gunge regularly, so I decided to mount it inside the back door at the top (screws into the top trim). It looks out through the top of the area which is covered by the rear screen wiper, so I don't have any worries about Northern (or Southern) precipitation.

Happy RAV-ing,

Steve

I too got the lift kit from Redline in the USA in the end, despite having pestered Junebug for sizing details [Thanks again James]

It was James who made the original post where I got the inspiration.

As you say Steve, all the parts can be sourced in the UK, though I found that I couldn't get them all from one supplier and it worked out only marginally more expensive to import. Now, if you know someone who travels to the US Kev, you could possibly save on the carrier fee and duty.......

I can see where this is going..................

.....probably looks like a sub machine gun when packed in a suite case. Still, always fancied an orange boiler suite.

I can see where this is going..................

.....probably looks like a sub machine gun when packed in a suite case. Still, always fancied an orange boiler suite.

I would say that it would look almost EXACTLY like a sub machine gun...........

Mind, if left in it's cardboard delivery tube it would probably look like an RPG launcher.

My obc readings are way higher then ever after cleaning my maf, back to what they were when I first bought my car and before engine change. Showing 37 to 41 over a varied journey via motorway and non motorway roads today to Dunham Massey.......fingers crossed a £3.99 electrical contact cleaner has sorted my issues. (Leaves no residue)

Once again brim to brim will verify.

Oh we'll it appears that my brim to brim has't changed.....at least when I look at I my obc I can dream. I have ordered some proper maf cleaner from eBay, will see if that makes a difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links