Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

EFI Fuse on my Compressor keeps blowing

alexcbx

Looks like I am clear on the Ogura clutch, below is the additional info told by other people. In case we need some parts for the charger, guess this may help. Just beware the clutch is bigger and different "noses", but the supercharger unit should be the same and the good news is the charger still in production for new Toyota.

TX12 is used for following charger kits:
Blitz for Altezza SXE10
Toms for GT86
Blitz for Toyota Hiace (now available new from Blitz)
Blitz for Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (now available new from Blitz)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n468785938

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.12.24 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, SILVERBACK1K said:

Sorry a bit off topic 
But does anyone know where i can find headers and manifold for a AE100 5afe

There are still many AE100 5EFE parts Japan, hope this link can help you.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=1&p=5efe&x=0&y=0

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, alexcbx said:

On 9/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, alexcbx said:

Please note that Yachtboatparts have changed their webpage.
The correct page for ordering a clutch is:

https://www.yachtboatparts.com/supercharger-kompressor-compressor-clutch-repair-assembly-23285069-old-no-3581724--3581062-860786-9105-p.asp

Check what clutch you have in the car first

• 1 year later...

Can someone give some guidance removing the charger from car I've started but would like some guidance from all you who removed before

41 minutes ago, jkewl999 said:

Can someone give some guidance removing the charger from car I've started but would like some guidance from all you who removed before

Hi Imran,
I've replaced 2 chargers and, I think, the job is much easier with 2 people.
I would advise to raise the front of the car about 1 foot and take the front bumper and undertray off, before you start any work, as there is no way that the bolts at the bottom (towards the rear of the charger) can be reached unless you're under the car.
Also, whilst the charger is off check your VVT OCV filter as you won't be able to get to it when S/C is bolted to the engine. The filter is behind the charger and it's impossible to get to!

If you go to page 1 (of this thread) you'll find that I did a write-up on how to replace the supercharger's clutch.... Pictures included.

Good Luck 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jkewl999 said:

Imran,

If you do order a clutch make sure you order the correct one

https://www.yachtboatparts.com/supercharger-kompressor-compressor-clutch-repair-assembly-23285069-old-no-3581724--3581062-860786-9105-p.asp?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkewl999 said:

You should start a new topic with your problem, and state clearly what car you are talking about and what you mean by "charger".

2 minutes ago, Stivino said:

You should start a new topic with your problem, and state clearly what car you are talking about and what you mean by "charger".

I think that everyone who owns a Compressor knows what a charger is

2 minutes ago, alexcbx said:

I think that everyone who owns a Compressor knows what a charger is

Did I miss the part where a compressor is mentioned?

5 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Did I miss the part where a compressor is mentioned?

Yes. It’s at the beginning of this thread.

34 minutes ago, alexcbx said:

But it isn’t your thread and you didn’t mention it in your post.

30 minutes ago, alexcbx said:

In the title 🫢

for the other op make sure you get the gaskets, parts and charger oil before starting work, these cars are getting even rarer and some parts are very hard to find

24 minutes ago, Stivino said:

But it isn’t your thread and you didn’t mention it in your post.

It is my thread. I started it in 2019.... And Compressor is mention at the top of this page.

27 minutes ago, flash22 said:

In the title 🫢

for the other op make sure you get the gaskets, parts and charger oil before starting work, these cars are getting even rarer and some parts are very hard to find

The clutch is easy to find. Unfortunately, the only gasket avalable is for the throttle body.

3 hours ago, jkewl999 said:

Imran,

flash22 makes a very important point.
But, and unfortunately, Toyota will not supply any gasket for our chargers…And Ogura won’t sell us any parts whatsoever!
Please take great care when removing the manifolds off the S/C. They're (each) held in place with six 10mm bolts.

The S/C oil is easier to find.
I use Klubersynth GH 6-80. But, it’s expensive at £90 a litre!
Some of the Comp boys use Powerhouse oil.
It’s sold in 100ml (and larger) bottles which makes it more affordable and you’ll only need 100ml.
Just search ‘Supercharger oil’ on eBay.

Check the wiring harness from the S/C to the S/C relay, and from the S/C relay to the main fusebox as mine had melted through.
I (at the time) didn’t know why my EFI fuse kept blowing and I kept-on replacing the fuse…...
Big mistake!….Unless you’re good with wiring, or know an electrician, that little harness will cost you £750 from Toyota!

BTW.
I've added 2 'Compressor' manuals. The 2nd one has some helpful pictures.

As I said before… Good Luck 🙂

Repair-Manual-Compressor.pdf Supercharger Installation Instruction.pdf

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alexcbx said:

It is my thread. I started it in 2019.... And Compressor is mention at the top of this page.

Please accept my most humble apologies.  I saw that it was an old thread and that all of the last posts on the page were from other members so, I didn't realise.

Good luck with your problem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i wonder if the gaskets are the same as S/C Estima (TCR10) 17620-76010 (Ogura SC14)

a few tid bits in this blog

https://hydemotorworks.com/about-the-supercharger/

I think that gasket will fit. But, Ogura will not sell us anything as Toyota has the exclusive rights.
And Toyota will only sell you the complete supercharger!

I can't work out if these guys are still servicing or even selling the gaskets. When I tried, a couple of years ago, they told me that they wouldn't ship to the UK......If anyone knows a friend in the States, perhaps they could try 🙂
http://www.matrixgarage.com/products/sc14-previa-gasket-kit

Smashing thanks for the manuals. For some reason the manifold pic looked a bit different but I'm reading half asleep. Will check again when I wake up. Thanks a bunch for the manuals.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links