Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One fog light dimmer than the other

Cian

After noticing that one of my fog lights is dimmer than the other, anyone have any idea whats causing it and how to go about getting at the fog light to check it?

IMG_20201012_152600_3.jpg

Now that is an interesting one... and there are only a handful of possible reasons.

1/ Do a careful visual inspection of the light with them turned off. Use a torch and try and determine if the reflectors and glass all look good and visually similar between the two.

2/ Could the bulb be an incorrect type (lower wattage), or conversely is the other one to high a wattage.

3/ This is where it gets interesting because the only other reason would be a volt drop to the bulb which given the current involved would cause significant heat to be developed in wherever the poor connection/high resistance connection was and typically that connection would not be electrically stable but would fluctuate causing the brightness to flicker.

I'm afraid without having one in front of me as it were I can't advise on specific dismantling. In the first instance I suspect the plastic shrouds will pop out and maybe allow a bit of access.

I would start by taking both bulbs out and checking to see if they are the same. If they are, I'd put them back in reverse order to see if the dim one has changed sides.

Ya I'll have to take a better look at it just a wanted to know what it could be first, thanks for the help! Anyone have any manual or instructions for getting at the light? Can't find anything online 

No specifics but I would begin by popping those black plastic shrouds off and see where that gets you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links