Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid 2020 TNGA - Hybrid System Malfunction

Satsuki

Well on the bright side it sounds like a very peaceful and scenic place to live... not like the expensive over-crowded concrete jungle down here! :eek: 

• Like 3

Amazon sells 12v batteries if that helps. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has now happened twice in 4 weeks….. first time it went to Jemca in Croydon, they said nothing was wrong with it as the warning lights were no longer there……. Happened again at 70mph on M11 yesterday morning just 2 weeks after Toyota said there was no fault….. this time they’ve said the Battery needs changing and the engine damper….. very strange they couldn’t see that two weeks ago….. very scary when it happens on motorway….. have lost all faith in my 2021 Yaris but hope they can fix it to give me confidence again

.IMG_8015.thumb.jpeg.ac5d0b457662746c451452aa49b1e73a.jpegIMG_8017.thumb.jpeg.02ef5b1134d195369dbb208c7dbba044.jpeg

IMG_8016.jpegt

IMG_8025.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good luck mate. And u need it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity, did it just happen out of the blue, or was there other stuff, e.g. potholes, high winds, hailstorm etc. that might have triggered it?

Also, is the car still driveable? I panicked a bit when it happened to me, but being a person of questionable self-preservation instincts I immediately tried to break it again, but discovered the car would happily drive normally aside from the incessant beeping.

Once I turned it off and on again and took it back on the motorway, I found I could still accelerate at full bore and I have since been unable to get it to do it again despite driving it in what tyrereviews calls 'a spirited fashion' :laugh: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Out of curiosity, did it just happen out of the blue, or was there other stuff, e.g. potholes, high winds, hailstorm etc. that might have triggered it?

Also, is the car still driveable? I panicked a bit when it happened to me, but being a person of questionable self-preservation instincts I immediately tried to break it again, but discovered the car would happily drive normally aside from the incessant beeping.

Once I turned it off and on again and took it back on the motorway, I found I could still accelerate at full bore and I have since been unable to get it to do it again despite driving it in what tyrereviews calls 'a spirited fashion' :laugh: 

The first time it happened 4 weeks ago, pretty normal weather but yesterday it was high winds and heavy rain! The car didn't work at all but did after an hour or so... had a call today saying the Battery needs replacing along with the engine damper.......

• Like 3

What's annoying is that this problem has persisted for a few years now and that Toyota has not deemed it appropriate to issue a general recall and be done with it once and for all, instead of this piecemeal fix it ****! 

• Like 5

I was told today that they have no date for when the damper will be in and it could be 6 months! 

12 hours ago, Nixy said:

What's annoying is that this problem has persisted for a few years now and that Toyota has not deemed it appropriate to issue a general recall and be done with it once and for all, instead of this piecemeal fix it ****! 

• Sad 4

My Yaris MK4 hybrid system failed a couple of weeks ago, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and I managed to limp it back to the local dealer.

Having read the forum regarding this issue I thought I was in for the long haul but after just over a week the car was ready to pick up, having had a new damper installed and I have to say it feels better (tighter) and more responsive.

Thankyou Toyota and thankyou RRG Huddersfield for your prompt assistance, my faith in Toyota which had been slightly dented, has been fully restored. 

• Like 7

I've just been notified by Bishops Stortford Toyota that the parts are in and the car will be ready next week which is fantastic...... I have to say the team at Steven Eagell Bishops Stortford have been amazing in getting the parts so quickly and giving me a lovely 23 Yaris on loan within 4 days of the car going in!

• Like 4

Well that all sounds very good - The supply chain seems to be recovering a bit and getting these dampers to customers finally!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links