Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery maintenance

FROSTYBALLS

I went for the Yuasa YBX5012 in the end

Found the right Battery on the Yuasa Battery finder facility and found a local seller, which happened to be my local tyre shop anyway. £110 fitted (though I could have fitted it myself).

After changing the Battery, watch out for 'parking assist not functioning' warning. This will clear itself in a few hundred yards of driving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@UncleZen I have a query for you. I have had an issue with my 2020 CHR as it did not start after 7 days of no use. I measured the voltage on the Battery and it was around the 8V region.

I went with some of the recomandation from the forum and got a Yuasa YBX5012 Battery but when I try to fit it, all is well expect the breather pipe. The breather pipe connection does not match the breather hole in the Battery. I noticed that the original battery had an adaptor which I pulled out and tried to put in the new battery but it does not work. Did you find any adaptor or new breather connection for this type of battery?

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

@Ciprian88 well, I didn't fit it myself,  but I don't recall a breather pipe, sorry.

Breather pipe is on the 2 litre hybrid versions as the 12 volt Battery is located under the boot floor. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links