Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads & Rotors - OEM vs Others

Kojac

On 7/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, AisinW said:

Here what my old front disc and pads vs new from Zimmermann and Aisin.   The Aisin pads has the highest grade GG instead of GF from Brembo, TRW, or Bosch.  Aisin is the parent company of Advics but  I believe Advics pads is still better. It cost about $80 in USA or $200 in Europe. Do not know why.  I believe it is wear and tear parts, it will not void the 10 years/100 000 miles warranty from Toyota. 

20210608_212004.jpg

20210609_180207.jpg

20210608_212016.jpg

20210615_220029_2.jpg

20210616_141439.jpg

I changed rears prematurely a few years back. Used Ferodo FDB4048 https://www.ferodo.com/en-gb/catalogue/522466/ferodo/premier-eco-friction/braking/brake-pad-set--disc-brake/fdb4048.pd.html and new Brembo 08.A912.11 Rear Uv Coated Brake Discs. Lubricated guiding pins, cleaned the rust and painted callipers black.

Now it's time to do the pads on front and I am really lazy about it (partially because my knee is bad and I am not that comfortable lying on the driveway for the whole day). I I expect fronts to be even more rusted then the rears. This time I've got only Ferodo pads https://www.ferodo.com/en-gb/catalogue/523948/ferodo/premier-eco-friction/braking/brake-pad-set--disc-brake/fdb4136.pd.html as the discs seem OK and I do not want to overdo it. Should I still remove the discs for clean-up or better not touch them and leave as they are. They look rusted to the axle and I do not want to warp or otherwise damage them. I also worry that the excessive rust may prevent me from fitting them back perfectly flat.

Any advice or tips how to do the front pads will be appreciated. I read that Battery should be disconnected to avoid ABS shooting the pistons to the moon.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links