Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR real world MPG

AndyRC

53 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I'll sound like an old man but I've never understood the need for droning noise for the sake of noise.

I love the sound of V engines.  Next door has a Porsche Panamera V6, it's loud but it's the engine you hear, not just a pointless boom.

Most of them are 4 cylinder hatches etc , enough said 😉

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, AndyRC said:

Does anyone know the science as to why a bigger wheel diameter reduces fuel consumption? The overall wheel &tyre  diameter does not vary significantly as wheel diameter increases , tyre profile decreases keeping things equal. Bigger alloy does not necessarily equate to more weight , I’ve seen 19 inch oem alloys weigh slightly less than the same design 18inch oem.   I can see how a larger overall mass (wheel and tyre) will decrease MPG but not why a 17 inch will be better than a 19 inch if overall diameter and weight are equal. 🤔

A larger alloy will typically result in a. Wider tyre in addition to a large tyre circumference both of which will increase rolling resistance

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Did a bit of motorway driving 2x 45 miles and averaged 57.1 mpg. CHR is not very aerodynamic- it just doesn't roll too much once accelerator is eased off. 

Drag coefficient of the C-HR 2.0 hybrid is 0.32

Compared to the: 

Corolla - hatchback 0.32, Touring Sport 0.31-0.33, saloon 0.282.

Prius - 0.24

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Drag coefficient of the C-HR 2.0 hybrid is 0.32

Compared to the: 

Corolla - hatchback 0.32, Touring Sport 0.31-0.33, saloon 0.282.

Prius - 0.24

Thanks, interesting to see the cds are same for CHR and Corolla hb. Prius is the slippery eel. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, Yugguy1970 said:

I'll sound like an old man but I've never understood the need for droning noise for the sake of noise.

I love the sound of V engines.  Next door has a Porsche Panamera V6, it's loud but it's the engine you hear, not just a pointless boom.

It's the same with the youngsters on their moped with the baffles removed.

I too love the sound of a good engine.

• Like 1

Prius is a lot narrower than any other Toyota models in its class plus the rear hatch design and the side profile doors crevices and slightly lower suspension, it is indeed the top efficient model👍 Corolla saloon comes second. , both models discontinued but best of all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Prius is a lot narrower than any other Toyota models in its class plus the rear hatch design and the side profile doors crevices and slightly lower suspension, it is indeed the top efficient model👍 Corolla saloon comes second. , both models discontinued but best of all. 

Toyota is making life harder for taxi drivers in the country! Think most of them are buying Corolla TS as I see several TS as new taxis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

Toyota is making life harder for taxi drivers in the country! Think most of them are buying Corolla TS as I see several TS as new taxis.

Oh yes, Corolla TS is the norm for private hire business in London since 2019, although the most popular is Prius gen 3, followed by gen4 then kia evs and hybrid and Hyundai hybrid and evs and recently I can see a lots of teslas too and few id3 and id4, but Vw not many. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links