Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

31 minutes ago, ISL said:

Pleased for you 👍

It is so frustrating waiting without any indication of when you will receive your car but now that it is in build, it shouldn’t be too long. I would imagine you should be looking at January. Almost there 🤪

Yes, hopefully not too much longer now! I thought it would be stuck on processing order forever 😆 The sooner the better with fuel prices and servicing costs of the current car etc...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cbren said:

😆 The sooner the better with fuel prices and servicing costs of the current car etc...

I feel your pain, have been driving a car that averages 23mpg, costing me roughly £100 to cover 300miles.😱 Should save a fortune when the Yaris arrives 😊

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, ISL said:

I feel your pain, have been driving a car that averages 23mpg, costing me roughly £100 to cover 300miles.😱 Should save a fortune when the Yaris arrives 😊

Ouch that's not good 😲😩 hopefully not too much longer for you then!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ISL said:

Yeah ouch. Even though I have the MK3, which is quite decent for fuel, I want better with the MK4. Plus all the better things that it has over the MK3. Soon for us all 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ISL said:

Oh mate you're going to be in shock when you get the Mk4!!

You'll drive it until the fuel is low, and probably have to refuel at roughly the same distance covered as your current car, then when you go to refuel it for the first time you'll think there is something broken on the car because the pump clicks off so quickly and you've hardly gotten any fuel in it... then you will realize the tank is already actually full! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

As a matter of interest, what size is the fuel tank on the mew Yaris (i.e., how many litres does it hold)?

• Like 1

The manual says 36L but it's got that typical Toyota reserve and I've yet to put in more than 30L, and usually am putting in 26-28L having covered 400-500 miles!!

I'm used to holding the trigger down for a lot longer from my previous cars, which had 45L(?) tanks, and it still makes me jump when it clicks off so unexpectedly early :laugh: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Oh mate you're going to be in shock when you get the Mk4!!

You'll drive it until the fuel is low, and probably have to refuel at roughly the same distance covered as your current car, then when you go to refuel it for the first time you'll think there is something broken on the car because the pump clicks off so quickly and you've hardly gotten any fuel in it... then you will realize the tank is already actually full! :laugh: 

I did that last Sunday it switched off and I was thinking it can't be full already 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Big_D said:

As a matter of interest, what size is the fuel tank on the mew Yaris (i.e., how many litres does it hold)?

36 litres

• Like 2

On 11/27/2022 at 11:16 PM, ISL said:

Drove into cambridge at the weekend not trying, just keeping up with traffic 21.4 miles the app showed 73.4 mpg. I wouldn't think app is to far out.

• Like 3

My calculated figures are a fairly consistent 5-10% out from what the car thinks it's getting, but that's still damned good mpg for a 1.5L petrol car that weighs well over a ton that can haul like that! :naughty: 

• Like 2

Mines doing mid sixties instead of low seventies but it’s running richer when cold and I have my feet burning with the heater so that’s fine.  

• Like 2

I'm still in the mid-70's but I'm freezing my arse off! :laugh: 

It's fine it's fine, I have a thick coat, VAT-free boots (i.e. massive work boots), and driving gloves! :fear: 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

The manual says 36L but it's got that typical Toyota reserve and I've yet to put in more than 30L, and usually am putting in 26-28L having covered 400-500 miles!!

I'm used to holding the trigger down for a lot longer from my previous cars, which had 45L(?) tanks, and it still makes me jump when it clicks off so unexpectedly early :laugh: 

Wow, so never more than £50 to fill it up, then up to 500 miles, that’s around 10p a mile which is on par with the cost of full electric at current prices around 3 to 4 miles per kW. I’ll be saving £400 per month based on my current monthly mileage of around 2000 miles per month. 😃😃😃

• Like 1

Please return to the topic subject - 'Yaris delivery, etc' - rather than discuss tank size and fuel consumption.

• Like 1

Thanks Cyker and Jodie

Apologies to Frostyballs for straying off topic

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Apologies to Frostyballs for straying off topic

None needed - we all stray from time to time.

• Like 2

(Or in my case almost all the time... :whistling1: sorry sorry I'll get my coat...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To get back on track, we pick up our Yaris on Thursday.Looking forward to it 😀

• Like 5

On the final part of it’s journey, even though dealer is near Grimsby, car wasn’t shipped via Grimsby, rail from Onnaing to Toton 

6B9C41A3-CE4E-4FC2-A514-8645D0AA8EEB.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ISL said:

On the final part of it’s journey, even though dealer is near Grimsby, car wasn’t shipped via Grimsby, rail from Onnaing to Toton 

6B9C41A3-CE4E-4FC2-A514-8645D0AA8EEB.jpeg

Mines gone backwards (again) apparently 😂

It's left Derby PDI centre and buggered off back to Grimsby!

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, as the App says it's still in Derby.

Last time it went backwards it hopped forwards two steps in quick succession, so I'm hoping for delivery to dealer imminently 🤞

Ordered June 10th

Built November 7th

Yaris GR Sport (white, no options)

• Like 4

Just had an email saying build in progress ordered in June so some progress my old Peugeot broke down last week needs new clutch not worth fixing at £600 so managing with one car at the moment

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevlar76 said:

Mines gone backwards (again) apparently 😂

It's left Derby PDI centre and buggered off back to Grimsby!

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, as the App says it's still in Derby.

Last time it went backwards it hopped forwards two steps in quick succession, so I'm hoping for delivery to dealer imminently 🤞

Ordered June 10th

Built November 7th

Yaris GR Sport (white, no options)

Haha! 

Car being delivered today!

Had the call within an hour of writing the above!!

Going in to do the paperwork shortly.

• Like 8

Humbug, ours is sat in zeebrugge (allegedly) for nearly 2 weeks now 😞

Must be some backlog!

• Like 2

Mine still shows at Zeebrugge on the app, but recently spoke to Toyota customer relations and it arrived at the Toyota depot in Derby on Friday for it's PDI. I hear it can sit at here 7-14 days, depending on their workload of course, before being sent to the retailer - unlikely, but sometimes can be quicker than this. This does not show on my app. Yours could also be in the UK. My ETA for arrival at dealership is almost a fortnight away and they've said the ETA sounds about right. Hope this helps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links