Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

45 minutes ago, pauly69 said:

Ours has been in zeebrugge since 19/11. Hoping it might be arriving at Grimsby today. Sea Cruiser 2 moored up. 

🤞🏻

On 12/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, Cyker said:

That's just ridiculous! I don't know why they suddenly seem to think changing the spec without the purchaser's consent is acceptable; They should at least have informed you to discuss!

It reminds me of a comic where a man orders an office chair from eBay and receives a bobcat instead... :confused1:

Please e-mail cr@toyota.co.uk with your experience and see what they say as you're not the first person who's reported such a thing happening with their order...

I do wonder if dealers were forced to return the cars to central distribution rather than be allowed to sell them on, if they'd keep doing this, as some have suggested a few dealers are doing this deliberately to get around the ban from ordering cars for stock.

Its is poor however Toyota will do nothing but refer the customer back to the dealer as that is where any contract of sale is formed.

The supplying dealer would have known well in advance of the change in supply and would have been expected to communicate this with the customer well before the car went into production.

Toyota announced to dealers on 20th December 2021 about withdrawal of Dynamic spec and at this point Toyota explained they would do there best to match outstanding Dynamic order but that they would be unable to cover all of the orders and cars (Dynamic) they were unable to match would be switched to GR Sport.

As of Tomorrow any order being cancelled by dealerships will recovered by Toyota and passed to the next matching order, to stop fake speculative orders any car delivered must be registered within 30 days to the  person ordering the car otherwise again the car will be recovered to Toyota at the dealers expense 

Edit just realised OP was talking about Yaris Cross Dealers were notified 1st September 2022 for Yaris Cross

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, Jawwaj said:

I went to view my car today! Not the premium Edition as ordered but a Gr Sport and it didn’t have the packages that was ordered! It was assumed that I would love the car and buy it anyway! Garage informed me they didn’t know it didn’t have the packages on the safety one being the reason I was buying. I was informed that they couldn’t put it on after market and expected me to buy at the same price because they had sent a GR sport instead at a higher price but I wouldn’t be charged any extra!  To say I am disappointed is not anywhere near it. I walked away because I only bought due to package offers so there is a GR sport which will be put back into circulation so someone might be getting there car earlier than expected! So it’s goodbye from me as I continue my search! 

When did you order the car?

10 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Its is poor however Toyota will do nothing but refer the customer back to the dealer as that is where any contract of sale is formed.

The supplying dealer would have known well in advance of the change in supply and would have been expected to communicate this with the customer well before the car went into production.

Toyota announced to dealers on 20th December 2021 about withdrawal of Dynamic spec and at this point Toyota explained they would do there best to match outstanding Dynamic order but that they would be unable to cover all of the orders and cars (Dynamic) they were unable to match would be switched to GR Sport.

As of Tomorrow any order being cancelled by dealerships will recovered by Toyota and passed to the next matching order, to stop fake speculative orders any car delivered must be registered within 30 days to the  person ordering the car otherwise again the car will be recovered to Toyota at the dealers expense 

Edit just realised OP was talking about Yaris Cross Dealers were notified 1st September 2022 for Yaris Cross

It was more to make Toyota UK aware of such shenanigans as it definitely seems not all the dealers are as conscientious as yours and PK's!

I find Toyota UK seem to be generally out of touch, as I've e-mailed them about a lot of things over the years and sometimes they're aware and are helpful but a lot of the time they seem quite oblivious to issues that we see commonly reported here.

That said, I guess they must have already become aware of this if they are doing what I was suggesting above and taking back cancellations, so good on them! I just hope it doesn't impact dealers where there have been genuine cancellations...

Thanks for your insight as always, it really helps give a more balanced view of what's going on!

No wonder the salesperson told me that if a customer cancelled, they asked for an explanation that they could then show Toyota - as Cyker said, genuine cancellations should not penalise an honest dealership. With the 'cost of living crisis' the probability of a customer having to cancel must be higher than in happier times

• Like 3

Happy New Year!! 😏

The day has eventually arrived, the new 2023 Yaris is on it's way.

image.thumb.png.af8459bd95d22f6dd2c45a31e6d3f84d.png

• Like 8

We went down the "cancelled order" route and ended up with what we expected a few months later. However there were some twists and turns over that time and I would hesitate before doing it again. I can't fathom how @Jawwaj ordered one thing and the dealer expected him to accept a different model instead. Love to know if it was another "cancelled order" but one that didn't balance out in the end. I think we were lucky and I still wonder why the order number we were given originally was not the same as MyT showed for the car we got.  Could be there's another disappointed customer out there. 

Anyway at least we don't have to Stellantis antics to worry about.

• Like 2

It was finally delivered yesterday afternoon, then looking for an excuse to drive it I popped out to pick up some horse feed only to bump into and have a catchup with Richard Johnson the famous jockey. While he could boast around 20 bags into his enormous Audi Q8, I realised I had brought the wrong car 😂 squeezing only 2 bags into the tiny boot of the Yaris. But who cares, I didn’t buy it for load lugging. I enjoyed the short 4.8 mile journey, drives better than I can remember and according to the app was doing 82.9mpg. It’s filthy dirty already, perhaps white wasn’t the best colour 😊D85895F2-E94B-4C5F-817F-535065D5530D.thumb.jpeg.ab1e02aef4de6fd527635645a21a25e5.jpeg

• Like 13

Nice!

I had a notification from myT that my Yaris arrived at the dealership yesterday morning. Just waiting for a call to sort out the finance and get a date for collection, hopefully will be by the end of the week - fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Ours updated to Derbyshire yesterday evening, so hopefully another week or two 🤞

It was showing as a step back on the app and website tracker for most of yesterday - kinda jarring to see it showing back in Zeebrugge after being sat in Portbury for over 2 weeks. 😆

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ISL said:

It was finally delivered yesterday afternoon, then looking for an excuse to drive it I popped out to pick up some horse feed only to bump into and have a catchup with Richard Johnson the famous jockey. While he could boast around 20 bags into his enormous Audi Q8, I realised I had brought the wrong car 😂 squeezing only 2 bags into the tiny boot of the Yaris. But who cares, I didn’t buy it for load lugging. I enjoyed the short 4.8 mile journey, drives better than I can remember and according to the app was doing 82.9mpg. It’s filthy dirty already, perhaps white wasn’t the best colour 😊D85895F2-E94B-4C5F-817F-535065D5530D.thumb.jpeg.ab1e02aef4de6fd527635645a21a25e5.jpeg

Glad you've finally got your hands on your new Yaris! A great start to 2023 and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes white isn't the greatest colour to keep clean (I toyed with the idea of washing mine today but it looks like rain so...) but it does suit the car I think and saves a few bob too!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ChrisWilko said:

Ours updated to Derbyshire yesterday evening, so hopefully another week or two 🤞

It was showing as a step back on the app and website tracker for most of yesterday - kinda jarring to see it showing back in Zeebrugge after being sat in Portbury for over 2 weeks. 😆

Mine did that too, went back to Grimsby and then appeared at the dealer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ChrisWilko said:

That always happens, and is a good indicator that something is happening. If you catch it right, you'll see it will go back to Portbury when it's on route to your dealer. 

Things seem to be moving a bit more at the moment. My wife's Yaris arrived at Derby the week before Christmas and we expected it to be a while with the holidays and she was having the protection pack (which I think is fitted at Burniston). However it went back to Toton (arrived in UK via rail) yesterday afternoon and arrived at the dealer this morning. So could be looking good for about a week for it to get to your dealer. 🤞

• Like 4

Ironically I find the boot of the Mk4 cavernous compared to the previous Yarisusesiees I've had, but I must admit I'd happily sacrifice boot space for passenger space as it is a lot more cramped than the Mk2, maybe even the Mk1!

The back can hold a lot with the seats folded down 'tho. Mine's had luggage and cabinets and all sorts in the back of it and, amusingly, Toyota make a 'Van' version which is literally the same car with a flat load floor and the rear seats removed :laugh: 

• Like 2

Agree, I had 2 Mk1s (T-sport and SR) and a 1.33 TR Mk2 and the sliding rear seat was great. I'm coming from a MK2 Aygo so Yaris will be better. Worst Toyota for space I ever had was my old MR2 roadster, no boot at all, just a couple of gloveboxes behind the seat! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, paulc1976 said:

Agree, I had 2 Mk1s (T-sport and SR) and a 1.33 TR Mk2 and the sliding rear seat was great. I'm coming from a MK2 Aygo so Yaris will be better. Worst Toyota for space I ever had was my old MR2 roadster, no boot at all, just a couple of gloveboxes behind the seat! 😆

You don't buy an MR2 for boot space though, just to (think you) look cool and have some fun! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

Toyota make a 'Van' version which is literally the same car with a flat load floor and the rear seats removed

Toyota have done van versions of their cars in some markets for a few years: eg. Corolla (9th generation),Yaris Verso, Yaris (3rd generation), Aygo (1st generation), Auris 3 door (1st generation), Auris Touring Sport, etc.

Currently the Yaris, Corolla Touring Sport, and Landcruiser have van versions.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChrisWilko said:

You don't buy an MR2 for boot space though, just to (think you) look cool and have some fun! 😉

I would say you don't buy an MR2 for the boot space, you buy one to boot it :naughty: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 1/4/2023 at 12:53 PM, Spiral82 said:

Glad you've finally got your hands on your new Yaris! A great start to 2023 and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yes white isn't the greatest colour to keep clean (I toyed with the idea of washing mine today but it looks like rain so...) but it does suit the car I think and saves a few bob too!

It took a while, but worth the wait, it’s a superb little car, was apprehensive about no Satnav, however the Apple carplay works now I have a short charging lead to connect to the phone, just a shame it doesn’t work wirelessly. Ride is comfortable and very quiet, feels quicker than the Speedo suggests 👍

• Like 5

My car has been sitting in Portbury for about 2 weeks over Christmas. I've just seen it has arrived at Derby today. It's got to have the protection + pack, which I believe is fitted there. ETA at dealer is approximately 2 weeks. It will be my 2nd Mk4 and my 4th Yaris. Definitely worth the wait!

20 hours ago, ISL said:

It took a while, but worth the wait, it’s a superb little car, was apprehensive about no Satnav, however the apple carplay works now I have a short charging lead to connect to the phone, just a shame it doesn’t work wirelessly. Ride is comfortable and very quiet, feels quicker than the Speedo suggests 👍

Yes wireless CarPlay would be nice but I love this feature - not only for the satnav but things like easy access to podcast and music apps and others. Happy motoring!

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 7:02 PM, ISL said:

It took a while, but worth the wait, it’s a superb little car, was apprehensive about no Satnav, however the apple carplay works now I have a short charging lead to connect to the phone, just a shame it doesn’t work wirelessly. Ride is comfortable and very quiet, feels quicker than the Speedo suggests 👍

Which model did you get? We picked up the wife's on Friday and the new Cloud Connected Navigation system is brilliant, so much better than in my RAV4. And the wireless Android Auto (I would presume would be the same for Carplay) was a breeze to set up and works faultlessly. I didn't realise these were only features on the Excel.

She loves the car, as do I. A bit jealous to be honest, thinking of offering to swop with her!

• Like 4

@nlee ordered the design model. When I ordered in February the Satnav was not even available on the Excel. Saying that I am getting used to connecting my phone each time now to use Apple CarPlay.  With the long delivery delay on my car it was a shame that I couldn’t add the option later on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links