Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

battery flat

roger_37

@roger_37, I’d be happy to do that but I bought the one I have more years ago that I’d care to remember! If I were buying now I’d be tempted with this product, more expensive but I’ve used this brand, Anshan,  for many items and found them to be very reliable an accurate.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ANSMANN-Power-Check-1900-0019-Voltmeter-Batteries/dp/B00I3ZGV9I/ref=psdc_303656031_t3_B07L5GN7VP?th=1

5 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@roger_37, I’d be happy to do that but I bought the one I have more years ago that I’d care to remember! If I were buying now I’d be tempted with this product, more expensive but I’ve used this brand, Anshan,  for many items and found them to be very reliable an accurate.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ANSMANN-Power-Check-1900-0019-Voltmeter-Batteries/dp/B00I3ZGV9I/ref=psdc_303656031_t3_B07L5GN7VP?th=1

thanks Ernie was looking at that type.    martin

• Like 1

... and there are others that would give you additional ports as well as a voltage reading so you would need to swap plugs so often - e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0824N1RLT

Not a recommendation - just an example of the sort of thing that is available. It all depends on what you want in the car ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roger_37 said:

can i be so bold and ask which one you have ,as i would like to get one

Roger, they are all much of a muchness.  All I needed was take regular readings to measure rate of discharge rather than an accurate voltage.  Most do say +/- depending on the range selected.

I think Roy is right, me being me though I worry about the reliability and perhaps something causing a problem, e.g., over heating.  You can certainly pay under £4 for one and if you are not going to leave it permanently connected then that is probably going to be OK.  As I said “you pay your money…….”.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PeteB said:

Indeed - the manual even recommends you don't use these modes!

I suppose it's to maintain compatibility with 'ordinary' cars in the same way as there's no real need to use electricity to make the car creep like a conventional auto when no pedals are pressed while in D or R.  For my last 20 years and 330,000+ miles in Hybrids I've wished there was an option to cancel the creep (like Teslas have), but we now have Brake Hold to save the day (at the cost of shining brake lights in the faces of following drivers!).  

And why do we have to select Brake Hold every time we start the car?  Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to write software that says "enable Brake Hold when the button was last used to switch it on and the driver's seat belt is on and the driver's door is shut"!

Can't help with "Room Mode" as I'm not familiar with, having as I do a RAV4 ordinaire!

Spot on. I can only think the drivers of these daft things was minority of Americans. American idiots.

The hold thing is nuts. Why would you ever not want to hold in an automatic. This isn't 1976.

And why could I not even open the boot when sitting in the car. I pressed the motorised boot button. Nothing. I held down the button. Nothing. I pressed the key fob button. Nothing. Meanwhile wifey has a massive bag of laundry from the launderette and shouting at me like I'm an idiot. ...turns out I had to press the doors unlock button first then press the boot button. Who knew? What's that for? If I press the boot button then I want it open! 

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Clarification... washing mc broke last week. It is 25 years old. I've fixed it for the last 17 years myself. Think it is the drain pump this time.

Edited by Nick72
Clarification

9 hours ago, philip42h said:

We don't Pete, you may feel the need but I suspect most of us just drive the car as it is ... 😉

Must admit I'm used to automatic were auto hold is just enabled. Don't want the car creeping when swapping pedals in tight spots or on my sloping drive.

Never had an auto in 10 years were auto hold wasn't just the default. It's obviously for Americans and compatibility with cars from the 70s.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links