Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto or Manual ? New car purchase..

rich146

On 9/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, rich146 said:

Yes, ive just ordered the X-Clusiv in auto and all the extras available for £13k. Thats almost a £4k/23% saving. Toyota are also doing 0% PCP for up to 4 years. Win win if you ask me! Being under warranty for the next 5 years im not concerned about the auto box option. 

I'm glad you've decided to go with the Aygo, can I ask how did you find it on the test drive (if you had one?)

On 9/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, Stormchaser said:

Thats great enjoy it.They are a great little car.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

I'm glad you've decided to go with the Aygo, can I ask how did you find it on the test drive (if you had one?)

Thanks...I didnt have one. The deal and car was a no brainer for me. In part I chose auto because residual is better than the manual, interestingly. I.e £600 upgrade but residual value worth £1200 or more than manual after 3 years looking at current average prices.

Im familiar with the MK 1 Aygo (manual) of which the family still drive but i'm sure newer version is quite different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rich146 said:

I'm familiar with the MK 1 Aygo (manual) of which the family still drive but i'm sure newer version is quite different.

I had a Mk1 for 10 years until I part ex'd it for a new Mk2 in October 2020 - the Mk2 is much better (quieter, more comfortable seats, torquier engine and better tech).

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, PetrolDave said:

I had a Mk1 for 10 years until I part ex'd it for a new Mk2 in October 2020 - the Mk2 is much better (quieter, more comfortable seats, torquier engine and better tech).

Well Ive had my new Aygo since the beginning of the year although it was sitting around for a week or two due to me getting covid .

Compared to the family Mk1 I actually prefer the MK1 . Its more engaging and doesn't feel any less powered. I also think the MK1 is a slightly higher build quality when compared. Yes the drive is quieter but for comfort and general enjoyment the MK1 just takes the lead. Quite surprised 

21 minutes ago, rich146 said:

I also think the MK1 is a slightly higher build quality when compared. 

I think those of us who were plagued with multiple water leaks on the Mk1 will have to disagree.

I had to solve leaks from the rear lights, the high level brake light, the rear vent, the tailgate seal and the membrane on both front doors.

Leaks on my Mk2? - zero, zilch, nada, none.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 8:15 PM, Cyker said:

Have you considered other cars?

Never been a huge fan of the Aygo - I think the VW Up! and especially the Hyundai i10 to be better cars - They get more kit, and are nicer to drive (tho' still gutless unless you get the turbocharged Up! GTI or i10N, but with a 1L engine as standard this is to be expected...!)

Hyundai generally seem to have better customer service than Toyota at the moment too.

Either I was very unlucky or things have changed a lot.  I ordered a Hyundai Coupe some years ago from the local dealership and the service was so bad I vowed I would never by another Hyundai.  Unsurprisingly the local dealership went bust just about a year later.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:27 PM, PetrolDave said:

I think those of us who were plagued with multiple water leaks on the Mk1 will have to disagree.

I had to solve leaks from the rear lights, the high level brake light, the rear vent, the tailgate seal and the membrane on both front doors.

Leaks on my Mk2? - zero, zilch, nada, none.

just my observation/experiences

I kinda see your point, we have both 107 and 108 in the family and comparing the two, I agree our 107 is more fun/enjoyable drive, the gearing/drive in 108 is more for economy, but as for comfort and better build then the 108 wins, interior/seats are better quality and design, and the drive is more sophisticated as well. Either way, I still enjoy driving both ours.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links