Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Excel 2021 problem with RSA

TonyWAT

Dreadful idea, my car gets it wrong as often as it gets it right.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it will do the opposite of making cars safer as the haves will be subject to e.g. being limited to 20mph on a 50mph road due to the system mis-reading, while the have-nots will be trying to overtake them.

I really hate that this idea that speed = danger is so perpetuated and ingrained when it clearly isn't true. If it was, motorways would have far more accidents, but most accidents happen in 30/20mph zones. Even Smart Motorways have proved this - Where dynamic speed sign gantrys, have been activated, the chances of an accident are much higher than on old-style motorways with static speed limits.

Speed CHANGE is what is dangerous, with the greater difference in speed the greater the danger! I'm certain the speed differentials created by mis-reading speed limited vehicles vs everyone else is going to make the roads more dangerous, not less. I regularly get a taste of it on the M25, where the controllers like to set 40mph speed limits for absolutely no reason, esp. around Junc22, and while most people ignore them because they have prior knowledge that the next gantry will be blank, you get the odd few who slow down or panic brake from 60-70mph, triggering a concertina effect of braking by trucks and such behind them, only for them to speed off again when they spot the next gantry is blank or showing 60/NSL.

• Like 2

I have, just this year, reported a 30/50 180 degrees out, a 30/60 90 degrees, a 20 visible in a 30, and same village where a 30 sign was in a 40 zone. 

Also instances where is does not pick up the zone change, picks up a speed sign on a truck and so on. 

• Like 1

Yep. System as it stands just isn't fit for purpose. It certainly isn't ready for deployment in the real world.

I can't believe deploying a safety system that's maybe 70% accurate at best is acceptable - To me, any safety system should be at least 99% accurate!!

Otherwise, what's the point?? It feels like this is just ticking boxes but with no mind to how it actually improves safety... All this lipservice really gets on my wick.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cyker said:

To me, any safety system should be at least 99% accurate!!

I take it Aeroflop is one of your regular airlines.  I am sure their safety record is on the 90s 😊

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

It feels like this is just ticking boxes but with no mind to how it actually improves safety

Safety systems designed by Government mandate are doomed to fail. Time we told the government where to go!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I take it Aeroflop is one of your regular airlines.  I am sure their safety record is on the 90s 😊

Cyker, for you, automatic safety systems have to be several orders of magnitude greater than 99 in 100 to be so called.  Of course you knew that. 

Aeroflop has a well deserved reputation for rather less than Stella performance.  Of course you know that too. 

Just pulling your leg😁

Back on Toyota, that more than one person here has a Battery failure is a fail.  Ditto speed signs or any other safety aid.  Failure should be so rare that most of us never hear of a wheel falling off. 😢

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links