Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Home Charger Grant

nlee

Another update of the EVHS eligible vehicle list today...... and still no RAV4 PHEV

14 January 2022

Addition of DS DS4 PHEV, Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS 53, Volkswagen Touareg eHybrid and Volkswagen Tiguan eHybrid.

For now it don’t matter so much as Toyota are paying for British Gas to fit the the chargers for free. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, NoRaVYet said:

For now it don’t matter so much as Toyota are paying for British Gas to fit the the chargers for free. 

Hi, is there anywhere I can see a statement from Toyota promising this?

I’ve been emailed a link to British Gas EV but my dealer is unable to answer any questions. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:22 PM, NoRaVYet said:

For free? As I understand it, BG are deducting the £350 grant and the balance to pay is £549 - is this what you mean?

11 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

For free? As I understand it, BG are deducting the £350 grant and the balance to pay is £549 - is this what you mean?

I looked at BG (email from my dealer) and it says free (not tethered) and £89 with a tether. But it looks like a serious amount of electrics are needed as well (fuse ratings etc) which I don’t have. Anyway I’m going to wait to see what BG say after they see a video of my setup. Hopefully BG will confirm the ‘free’ side of things. 

I dont have any commications to share as they are not comming for another 2 weeks. 

My Dealer said it was free when I asked but I would need the car VIN to place the order with BG. I placed an order via the BG website just testing my luck as I knew about the leadtimes would not be ideal. The site said I would need to pay £500+ . I phoned them and was told its not free or he was not aware of it but he could not find my order on the system to even check. I got a call back an hour or so later to arranging time/date for inspection. I asked the question about is it free he said no he laughed it off as if I was joking. He then put me on hold and spoke to his manager and then told me "Yes Toyota have paid for all its customers to have free charges".

Just place a order then give them a call just dont pay and insits its free from Toyota or speak to your dealers for them to get the ball rolling for you. 

32 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

I dont have any commications to share as they are not comming for another 2 weeks. 

My Dealer said it was free when I asked but I would need the car VIN to place the order with BG. I placed an order via the BG website just testing my luck as I knew about the leadtimes would not be ideal. The site said I would need to pay £500+ . I phoned them and was told its not free or he was not aware of it but he could not find my order on the system to even check. I got a call back an hour or so later to arranging time/date for inspection. I asked the question about is it free he said no he laughed it off as if I was joking. He then put me on hold and spoke to his manager and then told me "Yes Toyota have paid for all its customers to have free charges".

Just place a order then give them a call just dont pay and insits its free from Toyota or speak to your dealers for them to get the ball rolling for you. 

Sounds good. It looks like Toyota will pay your £500+ I was looking at a cheaper one, I wonder if there is a limit on the cost of the charger that they will pay for and will they pay for additional fuses boxes as part of the install. 

I’ve had no offers and I was an early adopter of the PHEV in the UK and paid the original price! 

1 minute ago, ernieb said:

I’ve had no offers and I was an early adopter of the PHEV in the UK and paid the original price! 

but have you asked Ernie?

I know nothing, but I'm guessing that Toyota UK are gearing up for the launch of the bZ4x and will offer a 'free charging station and basic install' as part of the deal and are quietly working the bugs out of the system / deal with BG with the PHEV owners ...

Not something I've pursued personally as I had my charger fitted and Toyota kindly contributed the £350 I missed out on with not being able to get the grant, but I'm sure there must be some condition or limitation. The cost of a charger is fairly fixed, or the grant equivalent, or both but the variables on installation are huge. Many will be fairly standard but surely they can't/won't expose themselves to very complex and expensive installations?

I have a BG remote survey booked for next week. A couple of points regarding the process. You need to ask your dealer to start the process which results in an email from BG to answer a few questions and then you get an order number and a promise they will contact you to arrange the survey.

During the process I had a screen confirming that the cost would be £0 subject to survey and grant eligibility, but from other previous postings it seems the cost will be zero (I hope).

Only one EV charger was offered to me and that was a Hive branded unit ( a 7.4kW Alfen Eve Single S-line charger)

I had to chase BG several times for a survey date. 

Screenshot_20220109-115408.png

Hi. Thanks for the info. Did it take long for them to call you from when you ordered it online ?  I’ve been waiting a few days for them to call me. I rang them today and they said their system was down. 

2 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi. Thanks for the info. Did it take long for them to call you from when you ordered it online ?  I’ve been waiting a few days for them to call me. I rang them today and they said their system was down. 

That’s a great advert for a company, can not help you we are so naff that our computer system is not operational.

13 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

George

I had to ring them three times, twice last week and once this afternoon. Luckily my contact today was a very helpful lady who called me back promptly with the survey date. My first two calls produced promises but no action. My advice is to nag them as they seem to be purposely dragging their feet.

p.s...they didn't call me at all until after my third call

Edited by Hayzee

1 minute ago, Hayzee said:

George

I had to ring them three times, twice last week and once this afternoon. Luckily my contact today was a very helpful lady who called me back promptly with the survey date. My first two calls produced promises but no action. My advice is to nag them as they seem to be purposely dragging their feet.

Thanks, I will try again tomorrow 👍

12 minutes ago, ernieb said:

That’s a great advert for a company, can not help you we are so naff that our computer system is not operational.

My thoughts as well. It sounded like they were answering from home, also they kept dropping the phone whilst trying to answer my call 😂  I guess if it's for free I can't really complain. 

Last week I used BG's website to pursue this. It allowed the £350 grant leaving a balance of £549.

Encouraged by George's experience I called into my dealer today. They didn't think it applied retrospectively to purchased vehicles but disappeared for 10 minutes. On his return he said whilst it didn't specifically include them it didn't specifically exclude them. He advised me to try and sent me the link there and then. On completing the same form as previously it showed the fee as £0.

So, a waiting game for the online survey.

As George says, get in touch with your supplying dealer 👍.

I think you will need the e-mail from your dealer this is what they sent me:

British Gas
Working with Toyota

Your EV charger installation
Hi ..........,

Thanks for asking about our Electric Vehicle (EV) installation service. We're delighted to be working with Toyota to bring affordable, home charge points to a new generation of EV drivers, like you. So let's get ready to hit the road.
Why choose British Gas?

Our team of engineers offer expert service you can trust
All the EV charge points we install come with a warranty, giving you peace of mind

Let's start your free quote

It'll only take a couple of minutes to answer a few questions about your home. We'll then give you a call to arrange a virtual survey or home visit so that we can finish your quote, and get your charge point installation booked in.

Thanks
Your British Gas team 

Book your charger install

Copyright © British Gas 2022
British Gas is the trading name of British Gas Services Limited.
Registered in England & Wales (No. 03141243).
Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal, professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).

Let me click on it so we'll see lol, I've ordered a lease, waiting to find out who actual dealer is 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Last week I used BG's website to pursue this. It allowed the £350 grant leaving a balance of £549.

Encouraged by George's experience I called into my dealer today. They didn't think it applied retrospectively to purchased vehicles but disappeared for 10 minutes. On his return he said whilst it didn't specifically include them it didn't specifically exclude them. He advised me to try and sent me the link there and then. On completing the same form as previously it showed the fee as £0.

So, a waiting game for the online survey.

As George says, get in touch with your supplying dealer 👍.

After a couple of days chasing (5 days from application) Julia from BG rang today and have an online survey booked for 27th, hopefully you will hear from them soon. I asked but I'm reasonably sure they don't do home visits. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Dodds said:

After a couple of days chasing (5 days from application) Julia from BG rang today and have an online survey booked for 27th, hopefully you will hear from them soon. I asked but I'm reasonably sure they don't do home visits. 

Thanks George, what number did you use to chase them (I'm very aware the window of opportunity is closing fast).

Hi. I used 0333 202 1054 it was a free call from my BT mobile. Julia was the helpful lady who rang me today. They also confirmed the appointment from email ev@britishgas.co.uk if that helps. Good luck. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links