Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK global window opening & turning off door open alerts

Louie

Yes, I read the manual, it's quite clear!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, lancs said:

You get a free month with the Carista dongle.

Well the first month is free - but you do have to enable a subscription. Not sure how it works on Apple products, but on an Android device you enable the subscription via the Google Play store, but you can cancel it immediately and just use the first month free, without being charged. Any other changes you want to make in the future, you'd have to take out another subscription.

luckily I bought the app when it was still a one-time fee, the only thing that is annoying about the windows and sunroof, is that you have to keep pushing the button until they are completely closed, would have been great if you could release the button once they are closing.

There are some differences with US cars though, next to not being able to auto close the doors when driving, it is also not possible to have remote start activated in Europe cars (as far as I know), while this is in the US. My Fortin remote start option works perfectly though, plug and play, and using the original keyfob (or optional long distance one if you like)

3 hours ago, Arjan said:

luckily I bought the app when it was still a one-time fee, the only thing that is annoying about the windows and sunroof, is that you have to keep pushing the button until they are completely closed, would have been great if you could release the button once they are closing.

Its to do with child safety & yes it is annoying to not have one press to close the windows / sunroof.

I've seen the same complaint about having to hold the lock button across various different vehicle manufactures forums so its highly likely a EU safety requirement for fitment of the feature.

42 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Its to do with child safety & yes it is annoying to not have one press to close the windows / sunroof.

Examples:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9911802/child-kills-mum-car-window-belarus/

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/154508

https://www.thestate.com/news/nation-world/national/article254750552.html

Do the windows not have an anti-trap system?? :eek: 

I think only the windows with auto function (usually just the drivers side) have an anti trap feature, and isn't fitted to all cars.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:01 AM, PACorolla said:

After some research it looks like its not available in UK. I believe its something to do with crash testing! Some standard requires a auto-locked door to be  operable from the inside after a crash and they had difficulties in recruiting a living crash dummy for testing!@!!🤕🤕🤕🤕

Citroen have offered it on UK models for some years now. Doors lock above 7mph and doors automatically unlock when the inside handle is pulled.

So have Hyundai - each of our i20's (2012, 2015, and 2020) have had auto locking. 

3 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Citroen have offered it on UK models for some years now. Doors lock above 7mph and doors automatically unlock when the inside handle is pulled.

My Nissan Qashqai had auto door locks, loved them.

Both my previous 2003 Peugeot 206's, my current 2016 Peugeot 308 & my mothers 2004 Ford Mondeo all have auto door locking once you start driving.

All of them automatically unlock & open the door when an interior door handle is used.

The auto door locking function can be switch on / off easily by the driver / owner.

I had it done free of charge from the dealers. Here's what I posted before just copied and pasted it.

I wondering if there was a way for total window closure on my toyota corolla touring sport like I've had on other cars via car alarms.

Then I found out that you can buy a carley obd2 reader & decoder. Which you can add the window setting but this is a europe & usa settings but cost you nearly £100!

So I went back to the dealers to ask about this & but no one was none the wiser but a lexus manager was in toyota which the 2 dealers are next to each other.

The lexus manager said yes it is possible as it's a europe & usa setting but it can be put on so I said get it in the car then 🙈

So here it is.

Press 🔓twice & hold to open & you can open your desire opening

Press 🔒 twice & hold to close this & let go when you desire if you don't want to fully         close your windows.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/203550-free-upgrade-on-all-windows-open-closure-from-your-key-fob/?do=findComment&comment=1602305

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All. Newbie here so be kind.

I have a Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 Excel (21 reg). i'd like to somehow:

• Enable the windows/sunroof global opening/closing facility that UK cars neglect but is available in other markets.
  • Turn of the wretched door open warning banger when the ignition is on (i work out of the vehicle and would like it gone)

I mentioned this on its first service and the dealer says they cannot do anything about either. Is this true or can't they be bothered?

thanks in advance, Matt

11 minutes ago, ScooperMatt said:

• Enable the windows/sunroof global opening/closing facility that UK cars neglect but is available in other markets.
  • Turn of the wretched door open warning banger when the ignition is on (i work out of the vehicle and would like it gone)

I mentioned this on its first service and the dealer says they cannot do anything about either. Is this true or can't they be bothered?

thanks in advance, Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the TOC. It’s probably a safety device and cannot be turned off.

• Like 1

The key reminder can be turned off, not sure if UK cars have the total closure programmed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScooperMatt said:

thanks in advance, Matt

Hi, can't be bothered comes to mind as this was enabled for me at my first service, at no cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine came without global window closure but my local dealer enabled it while I waited for 10 mins. 

I”d try another dealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same here; Could see in the manual the car had the ability to open/close all windows by holding the keyfob button, but had to get the dealer to enable it via Techstream. Did it while it was being serviced so didn't get charged, but don't know if they would if you went in just for that...

Should be a very quick job tho'!

I had my window closing & opening function switched on when using the key fob.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning!

I've got my car booked in for a service on tuesday.  At the moment, the windows dont open/close on the fob and obviously thats from factory.  I asked Toyota if they can put that feature on the car for me.  They said it wasn't available for the car, but maybe put on in a future upgrade?

Now, my car is an Icon Tech, I'm sure I've seen on here that someone had it put on their car... or am I slightly going mad?

Can anyone confirm this?

Most kind!

Rick

As far as I know, this behavior ( windows up and down with key fob) can be programed by the dealer. I would guess, that it is not package dependent.

When I asked the salesman about it, he said, that they can do it, but they advised against it because: if you have key in your back pocket, sit down, accidentally press unlock button for period of time, windows will go down, it can then start raining, interior will get wet and they would not be responsible for it and it wont be covered by the warranty. Mod edit! 😀 Never heard of this scenario before. 😀

• Haha 1

I had to code this in on my Lexus GS, I did it at Lexus dealer (Glasgow), they charged me something like £15 and never mentioned the scenario above but agsain, my car was out of warranty by then. 🙂

I thought so...the Mod Edit ! I'll see what they say when I take it to them on Tuesday! 

Appreciate the response guys!

Definitely does happen. It has happened to me several times on previous cars, though not on my Corolla. One of the occasions the seats did get wet. I make sure the facility is turned off now. The smaller buttons on the Toyota remote than the VW help. 

2 hours ago, clix said:

As far as I know, this behavior ( windows up and down with key fob) can be programed by the dealer. I would guess, that it is not package dependent.

When I asked the salesman about it, he said, that they can do it, but they advised against it because: if you have key in your back pocket, sit down, accidentally press unlock button for period of time, windows will go down, it can then start raining, interior will get wet and they would not be responsible for it and it wont be covered by the warranty. Mod edit! 😀 Never heard of this scenario before. 😀

Really! You've obviously never owned a VW. 

you can do this by plugging in obd2 pod to see some options, i think you can programme windows up and down with a press of lock and unlock as well as home coming light extension time

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links