Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding auto folding mirror and heated seats

Vins213

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Well, we got there in the end  👍

I think I have another big problem now, on a new topic 😔

Heated seats

I never looked at the diagrams correctly - while answering another thread, it all fell into place

have a look under the switches by the handbrake, you may find a blue plug with these colours

16526298882697280883952421351808.jpg.598

These wires go into the instrument panel wiring to KF1 in the passenger (LHD) or driver's side (RHD) footwell then go into the body loom it then comes out under the seats in the same 5 pin plug as the seatbelt switch !!!! (if wired)

I had been looking at the wrong connectors all this time, it's been raining here most of the day so not had chance to look at my car

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, flash22 said:

Heated seats

I never looked at the diagrams correctly - while answering another thread, it all fell into place

have a look under the switches by the handbrake, you may find a blue plug with these colours

These wires go into the instrument panel wiring to KF1 in the passenger (LHD) or driver's side (RHD) footwell then go into the body loom it then comes out under the seats in the same 5 pin plug as the seatbelt switch !!!! (if wired)

I had been looking at the wrong connectors all this time, it's been raining here most of the day so not had chance to look at my car

Yes, I have the same blue plug...I really hoped that I only needed the switcher for the heated seats LOL 

Mine didn't have the wiring so I made a loom, also changed the switch led colours, I have some decent quality carbon element heater elements - procrastination means it's on the list of things to be done

20220508_160703.thumb.jpg.4a6d4ccd63104326af6e9c1aaa615842.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello there! Winter is coming, and I'm thinking about the wiring and the heated elements to insert over the cushion (and back), like this:

https://youtu.be/d8jE99xXy9U

my front seats do a strange noise, like an old bed with springs (or a door in a horror movie LOL), so I think that I will dismount the seats to fix the noise with some grease 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, flash22 said:

Heated seats

I can confirm, I have the same plug with the same wires...so the wiring of the switcher is there 😄 

Still haven't done mine fully, the loom is in and wired, getting to the back of the instrument panel junction box was a pain, passenger seat is done but not wired

Life has taken higher priority this year

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Still haven't done mine fully, the loom is in and wired, getting to the back of the instrument panel junction box was a pain, passenger seat is done but not wired

Life has taken higher priority this year

Hope you are good, Flash! 

Do you have any photos or videos for the installation or the junction? I'm still searching the wire routing for everything 

Maybe this one is correct, with 7 green and 8 black from the plug, I suppose is the positive and negative for the light of the switcher

Screenshot 2022-11-04 alle 13.16.35.png

Yours is pre wired, no wiring required just add the switch and fuse the white connectors under the seat will have 4 wires 2 for the heated seat and 2 for the seat belt buckle switch

im sure its all in this thread

47 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Yours is pre wired, no wiring required just add the switch and fuse the white connectors under the seat will have 4 wires 2 for the heated seat and 2 for the seat belt buckle switch

im sure its all in this thread

sorry if I'm repetitive 😬

I remember that you told me that I need the switcher (easy-to-buy and install), the relay and fuses

the biggest problem is: which fuse (and relay) and where? I wanna buy a kit like THIS (with fuse and relay) and connect it directly to the original switcher...is it possible? What kit do you have?

There is no relay, just 1 standard 15a fuse (S-HTR internal fuse box)

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There is no relay, just 1 standard 15a fuse (S-HTR internal fuse box)

In n°4

What kit can I buy for the installation?

940978452_IMAGE2022-04-02172241.jpg.fa6a0f29f24ba57684a3ddaaea10a85c.jpg

i got mine from a UK seller, a full kit like the aliexpress one but tested before dispatch, the factory switch just does one level, High

The way the high/low works - In low is the bottom cushion only the high is both the back and bottom, with the kits just don't use the supplied wiring/switches, install the elements and connect to the oem wiring

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

The way the high/low works - In low is the bottom cushion only the high is both the back and bottom, with the kits just don't use the supplied wiring/switches, install the elements and connect to the oem wiring

Really? I thought that in L the temperature was colder and in H full power...

So, I need a 15A fuse, the aliexpress kit (which one? The kit with 4 heating pads or the kit with switches to cut?) and the OEM switcher..

Important question: in case of the first kit (only 4 heating pads), how and where I have to join the wires? I really don't understand the K8 and K9 where are

Thanks again Flash, I have to offer you many beers if you are going to spend a few days in Italy

Screenshot 2022-11-05 alle 16.25.55.png

Screenshot 2022-11-05 alle 16.26.02.png

Screenshot 2022-11-05 alle 16.29.47.png

There is no temperature control on the aftermarket ones low turns one heat pad on, High turns on a relay and both pads are on

1598363509_AMheatedseatwiring.thumb.PNG.bd1a14722102bc3b4d6d792fd63b6bc5.PNG

factory connectors are under the front seats, white plug next to a yellow plug (airbag !!)

i can't find my own pics atm, have a look at this thread

37 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There is no temperature control on the aftermarket ones low turns one heat pad on, High turns on a relay and both pads are on

1598363509_AMheatedseatwiring.thumb.PNG.bd1a14722102bc3b4d6d792fd63b6bc5.PNG

factory connectors are under the front seats, white plug next to a yellow plug (airbag !!)

Uhm, ok...so can I buy the kit without the switches? Or the other one with switches to cut off?

I read the post, I'll take the pictures and let's see what's under the seat!

You have wiring up to the seats pins 4 and 5, light green 12v and white/black on one side and light blue 12v and white/black on the other seat

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You have wiring up to the seats pins 4 and 5, light green 12v and white/black on one side and light blue 12v and white/black on the other seat

🤩 so I can buy the kit without the switches and join the red wire on kit with 12v to light green (and black to - w/b) and the other 12v to the blue (and - w/b) with a T shape connector...that's right? Much more easy than the folding mirrors 😆

2 heat pads per seat 

(+)-------- PAD 1 ----(-)--(+)------ PAD 2 -------(-)

Light Blue is for the passenger side

Light Green is for the driver's seat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links