Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding auto folding mirror and heated seats

Vins213

40 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It depends what plug it has on the back too in must have the 28 pin plug to be auto folding

Yes of course..but the Auris w/o remote control mirror doesn't have the fold/retract button..so that switcher must have 28 pins with that button

the E85 doesn't have F/R connection

57067F23-BDF4-4C35-9248-054D25331721.jpeg

0E916BB7-1778-4209-8A22-D73F1FAFC768.jpeg

4433F43C-D69B-4FCE-BF51-83B5EE4FB7AB.jpeg

71D9ADF8-9150-44B0-89D8-5C5B07A67F6F.jpeg

You can have non-auto folding mirrors they can have 11, 16 or 22 pin connectors the switch needs to come from a Mk2 auris E180 - late 2012 to 2018 or a yaris 2014-2020 (non illuminated)

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You can have non-auto folding mirrors they can have 11, 16 or 22 pin connectors the switch needs to come from a Mk2 auris E180 - late 2012 to 2018 or a yaris 2014-2020 (non illuminated)

I'll ask for a photo of the connectors 

Do you know some scrapeyards that have an Auris/Yaris/Rav4 with the switcher and connectors? Still nothing to me...seems that Auris is immortal

Very rarely do you see the switch with the plug and wiring, i can find the switches, Toyota for the plug and i have a supplier for the terminals

i have seen the plugs on AliExpress, but quality can be hit and miss

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

Very rarely do you see the switch with the plug and wiring, i can find the switches, Toyota for the plug and i have a supplier for the terminals

i have seen the plugs on AliExpress, but quality can be hit and miss

The switch is easy to buy, but the plug/wires to connect I have some difficulties...nobody wanna cut them from a dead car

The plug is Toyota specific, it is not available from the oem supplier, i can make one up, but it will not be cheap and parts supply may be an issue

i have the terminals and a few reclaimed pigtails, (a terminal with a length of wire)

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The plug is Toyota specific, it is not available from the oem supplier, i can make one up, but it will not be cheap and parts supply may be an issue

i have the terminals and a few reclaimed pigtails, (a terminal with a length of wire)

How much will everything cost? Except the switch

It depends on shipping and availability, something i will have to look at

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It depends on shipping and availability, something i will have to look at

Has to be shipped in Italy with a 66021 postal code...on aliexpress I did not find anything for plugs

i have requested some prices and availability from a few places, just waiting to hear back 👍

• Thanks 1

The terminals are Sumitomo NH or TS series 0.64 II, I have a supplier in Japan

these terminals require a crimp tool - my cheap pair were around €40 my proper set were €150

I'm still waiting on replies regarding connector housings

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The terminals are Sumitomo NH or TS series 0.64 II, I have a supplier in Japan

these terminals require a crimp tool - my cheap pair were around €40 my proper set were €150

I'm still waiting on replies regarding connector housings

I already have a crimp tool, why the AliExpress items are so bad? Is really needed that OEM quality for a plug?

There are 100's of terminal types. They are not universal, As for the crimp tool a universal one will not work, at a minimum you need a JST crimp tool even then the crimp needs to be spot on, so it fits in the housing and retains the wire

eg. Engineer PA-09

the proper terminals are 7-10 cents each (min $10 order) genuine housing is €5-6, it's purely the shipping and time that makes it expensive - with the correct tools it takes me 2-4 min per crimp

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There are 100's of terminal types. They are not universal, As for the crimp tool a universal one will not work, at a minimum you need a JST crimp tool even then the crimp needs to be spot on, so it fits in the housing and retains the wire

eg. Engineer PA-09

the proper terminals are 7-10 cents each (min $10 order) genuine housing is €5-6, it's purely the shipping and time that makes it expensive - with the correct tools it takes me 2-4 min per crimp

uhm, so I really need a scrapeyard that can cut the wires with the switcher, housing and crimp...in this way I only have to join the wires, but nobody wanna cut the wires from a dead car.....

i can make a pigtail harness, no issue and ship it to you, i just need to work out a cost and for that i need prices and availability for the parts

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i can make a pigtail harness, no issue and ship it to you, i just need to work out a cost and for that i need prices and availability for the parts

thanks flash, let me know if you have availability

the wanted part is this:

1942543916_Schermata2022-04-21alle16_51_12.thumb.png.99ec7d96280faa5da81dc1d922d224a0.png

Lol, how the hell can I remove this plastic?! The pins seem a lot solid!! I need the access for join wires and for the 3A and 3B relay

556AD4B8-10F7-4DC2-9C29-C73322E1BC61.jpeg

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

It's just clipped in place, remove it with a plastic trim tool

See the pictures here

https://dalys.lt/en/autoparts/toyota/yaris-p13/switches/3764375

Yea, I saw that image, but it seems really hard to pull out also with a smaller plastic trim tool...that's ridiculous 🤣

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links