Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding auto folding mirror and heated seats

Vins213

Does it on both sides, no matter the direction ?

24 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Does it on both sides, no matter the direction ?

The steps are:
1. turn on the car with the engine on
2. switch to L mirror
3. the adjuster works perfectly
4. switch softly to R mirror (mid position and then R)
5. doesn't work adjustment
6. switch to L mirror
7. doesn't work adjustment

If I switch to the R at the beginning instead of L, it always doesn't work. Sometimes it doesn't even work with L

Heating, light, direction and fold/retract work always (same on the lock/unlock)

check the M+L and M+R connections, it also may just be a dirty switch

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

check the M+L and M+R connections, it also may just be a dirty switch

Yeah, same for me, the M+ on the old switcher was a single from L and R, so now I have connected the one (old) white (pin 6) on yellow 4 (M+R) and yellow 7 (M+L)...maybe a dirty joint also...

I'll clean the switch with air and isopropyl alcohol 

Is the movement ok? It seems a bit lazy, but maybe it is...I don't know how the original ones moves, if faster or slower or louder...I have installed a smaller wire size for R/F, not too much different but a very little smaller from the wire that comes with the mirrors

The right one closes first 

That is about right 👍 - your lower panel is still unclipped 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

That is about right 👍 - your lower panel is still unclipped 😉

Yep I know! I have to fix the M+, so I have the panel unclipped 😂

Hats off to you, that is a great addition. Well done on making this work. This is something I wanted to do on my wifes car.

Does the switch itself have built in illumination the same as the other switches etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ashmj said:

Hats off to you, that is a great addition. Well done on making this work. This is something I wanted to do on my wifes car.

Does the switch itself have built in illumination the same as the other switches etc

Thanks!! I'm so proud, but the big up is for Flash, he knows really a lot!

The switches have different built, the old one has a clearly white letters, this one - from an Auris 2015 - has transparent white letters (with two additional wires for light + and -)

Checked the M+ wires, checked and cleaned the switcher...same problem 😞 

Did you take the switch apart to clean it ? its a membrane and contact pad switch with a slider for left and right

have you checked the voltage on the M+R and M+L when selecting L or R also check the 3 12v supplies pins 1, 11 and 21

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

Did you take the switch apart to clean it ? its a membrane and contact pad switch with a slider for left and right

have you checked the voltage on the M+R and M+L when selecting L or R also check the 3 12v supplies pins 1, 11 and 21

Uhm, I'll do that tomorrow ✌🏼

On 5/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, flash22 said:

Opened and checked the switch, cleaned it in every part of it...checked the 12v (10v real) on pin 1-11-21, the plug and MHL, MVL, M+L, MHR, MVR and M+R are well connected and checked with a tester BUT...when I switch on L, check the negative on BW pin 10 and the M+L, I see 0v 😔

Do you have any wires not connected ?, i have/had a spare switch, but can't find it atm

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Do you have any wires not connected ?, i have/had a spare switch, but can't find it atm

Uhm, no, all the wires from the switcher are connected...
but a little thing: when I received the switcher, it has a red wire with a cold joint (only intertwined wires) to the pin 21 (ACC)...the one in the photo, green circled

Schermata 2022-05-08 alle 19.08.05.png

EDIT: now that I have checked all the wires, doesn't work any of movement, left or right....only fold/retract, indicators and heating works 🤣

Check that ACC wire, did you get rid of that red wire ? And where did you connect it too

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Check that ACC wire, did you get rid of that red wire ? And where did you connect it too

I have removed the red wire, it was only intertwined to the grey one and some tape on them...I have connected the ACC wire from the switcher to the old grey wire (was pin 8 grey to ACC, 13 on 3B)

What have you got connected to M+L and M+R ?? Have you joined them both to the white wire (pin 6) on the old plug ?

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What have you got connected to M+L and M+R ?? Have you joined them both to the white wire (pin 6) on the old plug ?

The old switcher has one white wire for M+L and M+R (grey wire from the mirrors, pink wire in the doors), pin 6...to this white wire I have connected the two yellow wires, 4 M+R and 7 M+L...I have checked the joint with a classical beep signal on a tester and all the wires work...I have checked with a tester with - on BW pin 10, put the switcher on L and the + on the mirror connection (grey+rose) and I have 0v

same on R

i see your problem !!

Disconnect M+L and the right mirror should work

27 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i see your problem !!

Disconnect M+L and the right mirror should work

Woa!

And then with the left mirror I have to reconnect M+L and disconnect M+R?

If that worked, you just need to add 1 wire, M+R connects to the old white wire (pin 6), cut the pink wire going in to the driver's door on plug HF1 (drivers foot well top plug) and connect it to M+L

710604584_xp130lhdHF1.thumb.jpg.f760f8033251355e146b4009143a93dc.jpg

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If that worked, you just need to add 1 wire, M+R connects to the old white wire (pin 6), cut the pink wire going in to the driver's door on plug HF1 and connect it to M+L

True! Genius...tomorrow I'll fix it if I can

IT WORKSSSS EVERYTHING!!!! 🎉 thanks to @flash22!!! Now we have to fix the power window mod 😆

Well, we got there in the end  👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links