Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding auto folding mirror and heated seats

Vins213

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You need to change the plug for the mirror switch, as the auto folding mirror switch uses the 28 pin connector

So I have to buy from that website or cut from a similar car that has the same connector

Cut from a car with a length of wire, then you can join the wires

the 28 pin is used in a lot of Toyota's - Yaris, Avensis, Auris and Rav4

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Change the plugs or use the existing connectors and swap the 7 pin plug on the new mirrors and run 2 wire from each door for the retract/fold to the switch

Yes, I'll do this with 2 wires L and 2 wires R directly to the switch (not to GF1 and HF2), and also for doorlock on pin 14 HF2

But what can I do for the 1 (B) and 11 (IGB1) wires?

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I love you😗

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, flash22 said:

Do you know some supplier who can sell and ship to Italy? I can't find the switcher 84870-02101 and the pin connector 90980-12330

Try searching Auris 183779 - ideally you need to find a scrapyard

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Try searching Auris 183779 - ideally you need to find a scrapyard

Tried, but all the stores are USA or HK or Lithuania (with a massive shipping cost)...I called 21 (yes, twenty-one) scrapyards near me, none of them have Auris/Rav/Yaris from 2013...I have sent various emails to scrapyards in Italy, hope in someone.....

or you can fit a standard folding mirror switch and add an auto close module

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

or you can fit a standard folding mirror switch and add an auto close module

How do I connect to the existing door panel wires with the new mirrors?

EC909CDE-DAB8-4E76-ACB0-328E6907DEB8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Replace the socket or replace the plug

Ok, but how do I know what colour I have to join with? Red, blue, yellow, white, grey, black, brown and green what are the functions? It doesn't match with the colour wiring scheme

I don't replace the plug because I will sell my mirrors, so I have to join them directly

On 4/5/2022 at 9:36 PM, flash22 said:

pic 4  the door loom (HF1 top plug) pin 14 is door lock - HF2 (2nd plug down) Mirror fold/retract is on pins 6 and 12

Can I join directly from mirror fold (or retract) wire to the switch? In this way I bypass the HF2 join on left side and GF1 on right side...Is it necessary to connect from F/R wires to HF2 and then to the switch? I don't think so

EDIT: also for the door lock, I can connect directly from the switcher to the H6 blue wire that I found inside the door

You don't have to go through them connectors, pick up the door lock signal from anywhere that is convenient

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

You don't have to go through them connectors, pick up the door lock signal from anywhere that is convenient

I have to take these wires from 3A and 3B, the gray one is easy, the blue and yellow wire mmmmm 

Schermata 2022-04-11 alle 15.42.11.png

25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What switch are you going to use ?

The Auris one, 84870-02101 or 183691 (if I can get that one from a scrapyard) 

You know what, this is more hassle than the worth of it. I "think" I will tell my wife to fold the mirrors in when she parks at the hospital, wish me luck with that one as I may end up in A&E after. At home it doesn't matter as, luckily, we are off road parking, it is a "nice to have" as I have this on my Ford Focus but the work and cost involved to make this work on the Yaris, well it's just not worth the grief.

Good Luck Vins213, hope you get this working. This post is on my watch list.

• Thanks 1

It's always difficult switching parts and retrofitting items, even more so when it's LHD you have to read the diagrams in a way

there are other ways to tackle retrofitting items, but that depends on your skill level

I have in the past built up kits, but the volume makes it not very cost-effective

if i can source the plugs\sockets, i can make adapters

On 4/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, Vins213 said:

I have to take these wires from 3A and 3B, the gray one is easy, the blue and yellow wire mmmmm 

Schermata 2022-04-11 alle 15.42.11.png

This is the most difficult part, searching 3A and 3B and connect the blue and yellow wires...I'm buying the switcher and the wires colours change if it is from Yaris, Auris etc

the easiest part (and funny for me) is to connect mirrors to the switcher, to the existing doors wires

@flash22 yeah! From a 2015 Auris Hybrid, with 4-5cm cutted wires included

is that good?

CBA5B123-2978-4FF1-9F1B-42FD0A5092A0.jpeg

That's the non illuminated switch - note the L and R are bright white text - I'm giving away all my secrets here

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

That's the non illuminated switch - note the L and R are bright white text - I'm giving away all my secrets here

It's ok, I don't care about the illuminated switch...it's easy to touch blinded 😆

It depends what plug it has on the back too in must have the 28 pin plug to be auto folding

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links