Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding auto folding mirror and heated seats

Vins213

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

2 heat pads per seat 

(+)-------- PAD 1 ----(-)--(+)------ PAD 2 -------(-)

Light Blue is for the passenger side

Light Green is for the driver's seat

So this way, aliexpress kit without switchers (join black/red for cushion and back and then the other red/black to the existing wires)

6A84A6E9-6A2F-42FE-AC67-A17ACFDF7EFA.jpeg

AAEE967C-D174-490D-A9F5-89C214B51CC7.jpeg

i would not use scotch locks/IDC type connectors on anything automotive, you're asking for problems later on

solder and heat shrink or open crimp (aka open barrel splice) and heat shrink or insulting tape

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i would not use scotch locks/IDC type connectors on anything automotive, you're asking for problems later on

solder and heat shrink or open crimp (aka open barrel splice) and heat shrink or insulting tape

Great! So I can use this tool and then heat shrink...it is a difficult area to weld wires

image.thumb.png.ec60c11a4db3f2d1280051be55152c84.png

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Not really when you have the seats out of the car

But I have to disconnect the airbag sensor, right? So can I disconnect the 12v Battery and after that can I operate with the single seats?

• 2 weeks later...

Items arrived! I have already installed the switcher, easy peasy...weekend for removing seats!

But why this join?

On 11/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, flash22 said:

(+)-------- PAD 1 ----(-)--(+)------ PAD 2 -------(-)

and not (+) pad 1 (-)--(-) pad 2 (+) and then join the + with green and - with b/w? why series circuit and not parallel circuit?

You can buy a whole cover with the heating (pluggable into the cigarette socket). Why bother with installing heating pats under the original fabric and changing the original wiring?

If you want a messing with heating seats, just buy a pair of seats with already installed pads( from a crashed car for example) and swap them with yours.

These DIY heating pads will never be as comfortable as the original seats, not even close, even differences between car brands are huge. for example, in modern BMW ( >2006 ) you can even adjust power distribution for a different section of the seats.

Well, I do like DIY projects, so, thumbs up from me.

If you want the OEM look heater pads are the way to go, comfort, it's a thin layer of fabric, no point in zoning the seat heating

heated seats fine if it is a LHD you can get the seats, but they don't come up often and are not cheap

RHD - it was never an option on UK spec cars, using LHD seats is expensive especially the shipping (explosive devices)

3 hours ago, RobertR said:

You can buy a whole cover with the heating (pluggable into the cigarette socket). Why bother with installing heating pats under the original fabric and changing the original wiring?

If you want a messing with heating seats, just buy a pair of seats with already installed pads( from a crashed car for example) and swap them with yours.

These DIY heating pads will never be as comfortable as the original seats, not even close, even differences between car brands are huge. for example, in modern BMW ( >2006 ) you can even adjust power distribution for a different section of the seats.

Well, I do like DIY projects, so, thumbs up from me.

I already have heated seat covers plugged in 12v cigarette, but having wires and cushions isn't nice to look at...the complete seat with heating costs a lot, same thing for the original pads...

and then there's the beauty of DIY 😄 

No. 2

one is in parallel, two is in series the resistance will be different

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

No. 2

one is in parallel, two is in series the resistance will be different

Hope I don't set the car on fire 🤣

Can you explain why the resistance will be different? THX!

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

Google is your friend - Serial vs parallel circuits

I trust you, but I'm just curious to know why. So the difference is that serial has the resistors that have the same current. In parallel the resistors have the same voltage...so why is the serial circuit better than parallel (in this case)? 😬

On 11/24/2022 at 2:48 PM, Vins213 said:

so why is the serial circuit better than parallel (in this case)?

😬

sorry mate, but if you can't answer this on your own, don't mess up with the wiring at all.

5 minutes ago, RobertR said:

sorry mate, but if you can't answer this on your own, don't mess up with the wiring at all.

There are better examples of ohm's law on the net, then i can type up here, not every one has a technical mind set

you only learn by doing things, then learn by your mistakes - a bit of paper with a stamp on it is meaningless without hands on experience

TBH i have forgot most of what i learnt 20+ years ago

yes, set your car interior on fire is a good way to learn things. You will definitely remember that.

• Haha 1

It's all factory wiring, fused to 15a and a switched live supply for both seats, the mats have their own stats so well protected

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links