Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla 1.8 TS tyre choice

PRus

6F0087D3-EADC-4061-9EFB-37DB32E869FA.thumb.jpeg.36a13b3b97c58e9f3209f0297ffd16d8.jpeg0770FEFA-3A91-4FEF-8B1B-7F24169E0F61.thumb.jpeg.ce2aa98bc429ddb9c6d09ba0de99c721.jpeg

The Corolla and our road last night. This morning was the same and both cars (Yaris on Cross Climate 2 tyres and Corolla on Goodyear Vector all season) coped perfectly with the snow and slippery conditions. Not quite to the level of the tyre tests that do a fast as possible on the snow, but I didn’t have to drive like I was on top toes like some other cars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kental said:

6F0087D3-EADC-4061-9EFB-37DB32E869FA.thumb.jpeg.36a13b3b97c58e9f3209f0297ffd16d8.jpeg0770FEFA-3A91-4FEF-8B1B-7F24169E0F61.thumb.jpeg.ce2aa98bc429ddb9c6d09ba0de99c721.jpeg

The Corolla and our road last night. This morning was the same and both cars (Yaris on Cross Climate 2 tyres and Corolla on Goodyear Vector all season) coped perfectly with the snow and slippery conditions. Not quite to the level of the tyre tests that do a fast as possible on the snow, but I didn’t have to drive like I was on top toes like some other cars.

Nice 👌❄️🏁

Thanks for sharing. I am ready to test the summer efficient grip performance 2 on ice and snow or whatever left of it tonight. I didn’t work last night and think I was lucky because I would have be at the exact location that many were stranded on M25 this morning. 
On my hilly road today few went up half way and stopped, summer tyres obviously not for these conditions. Notice the police cars has cross climates and gv4s in my town., also the ambulances too. 

1822EC2D-AD74-4F04-987B-CC63B25B3FF9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Living in parts of the UK which are normally colder or rural areas where the gritter are not around then it really makes sense to have all season tyres. Days like this if one have to use the car to work or driving a lot for work then it can save you. 

• Like 3

Just watched this video clip from sky news: https://news.sky.com/video/uk-weather-drivers-in-gloucestershire-struggle-in-snow-12766907

Many years ago I drove very slowly on roads which has less snow than that with normal tyres, was close to sliding into parked cars on residential roads. Quickly learnt my lesson not to drive in those conditions without the tyres design for it. 

• Like 3

I think the snow caught out the authorities as there was practically no gritting done on any of the roads I've been on, but thankfully traffic had cleared most of it from the main roads by the time I had to leave!

But getting out of my road was 'exciting'... first had to wade through snow nearly a foot thick then clear maybe a 3 inch thick pile of snow off the car (Windscreen crack only grown a mm thankfully!), which took a surprisingly long time. (I'm very glad I took that time tho' - Saw more than one person not bother then have the whole roof-full of snow slide forward over their windscreen when they braked!! :laugh: )

Then I had to drive through said thick snow pile (Thankfully others going before me had flattened it slightly); This is the first time I've seen the traction control light on so much :laugh: 

The car was shifting all over the place as it floomphed and crunched through the snow, but I never felt like it had trouble at any point; The ABS improvements compared to the Mk1 and Mk2 made the car feel much more sure-footed under braking.

And this is on Hankook eco-tyres!! Very impressed.

I just wish it had a homing missile launcher for all these smegheads in SUVs driving like morons; Had one burn past me then cut me up, before racing up to the car further ahead who was stopped at traffic lights, and started honking at them because they were moving off too cautiously for them as they wanted to turn left. I very much hope that Merc driver wraps their car around a lamp-post...

Saying that, there were quite a lot of BMWs and a few Porsches and MX5s that had come a cropper... you'd think their owners would know better, having a rear-wheel drive car...!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, first time driving extensively the Auris with summer tyres on snow and ice at negative temperatures -4C° and there were no problems at all, the car even felt like has all season tyres on, perhaps because these are brand new and still have these little sips in the treads and snow stick to them and the hybrid system smooth drive + regenerative braking also helped a lot. 👌
I did try in deep fresh snow starting, stopping, turning all at low speeds and level ground  but full control was great., no wheel spin or skids at all.
Then driving wet and cold motorway, on icy country lanes , some short off road over grass covered with snow, going in and out my drive which was covered in ice and it’s at incline, I was expecting slippery situations, not at all. Didn’t tried them on steep hills as obviously these aren’t to be used in winter conditions. Overall brilliant tyres. 🛞👌 The trick, take it easy and make sure the pressure on all corners is set accordingly the season and outside temperatures. Over inflated tyres could play you a bad joke and same for under inflated, just saw a micra has blown front tyre, because been well under inflated, actually a lot of cars with blown tyres as a result of not checking tyre pressures regularly. 

68EF57F1-E367-417A-97D4-2DCED0CD9A60.jpeg

96AD2165-F7AF-4D43-B9EE-F3D1417BB54D.jpeg

43060A30-A332-487E-81AF-0C3369283AE8.jpeg

1BE71158-9E1A-4819-BD92-60B579B5C681.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well, first time driving extensively the Auris with summer tyres on snow and ice at negative temperatures -4C° and there were no problems at all, the car even felt like has all season tyres on, perhaps because these are brand new and still have these little sips in the treads and snow stick to them and the hybrid system smooth drive + regenerative braking also helped a lot. 👌
I did try in deep fresh snow starting, stopping, turning all at low speeds and level ground  but full control was great., no wheel spin or skids at all.
Then driving wet and cold motorway, on icy country lanes , some short off road over grass covered with snow, going in and out my drive which was covered in ice and it’s at incline, I was expecting slippery situations, not at all. Didn’t tried them on steep hills as obviously these aren’t to be used in winter conditions. Overall brilliant tyres. 🛞👌 The trick, take it easy and make sure the pressure on all corners is set accordingly the season and outside temperatures. Over inflated tyres could play you a bad joke and same for under inflated, just saw a micra has blown front tyre, because been well under inflated, actually a lot of cars with blown tyres as a result of not checking tyre pressures regularly. 

68EF57F1-E367-417A-97D4-2DCED0CD9A60.jpeg

96AD2165-F7AF-4D43-B9EE-F3D1417BB54D.jpeg

43060A30-A332-487E-81AF-0C3369283AE8.jpeg

1BE71158-9E1A-4819-BD92-60B579B5C681.jpeg

What tyres do you have on now ?

Yeah the utterly smooth power delivery makes driving in such conditions ridiculously easy; It doesn't have the overrun you get with a normal car and that really helps keeping traction

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

What tyres do you have on now ?

This one, best summer tyres for passenger cars. On my second pair and first time trying them on snow, previously only with winter tyres. 👍

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/efficientgrip_performance2.EFFIGRIPP2.html

• Thanks 1

I won’t recommend to anyone to buy and use summer tyres in winter especially to drive on snow and ice with those but if there is no other option brand new high quality tyres with slightly lower pressure can do just ok, and of course low sensible speeds. 
Here an example what tyre marke should be left on the snow when proper tyres been used and from using not suitable one for the season. 👍🛞

The green ok ones from Michelin cross climate, the red not ok ones from any summer tyre. 👌

0C8DBE28-E0A8-48B8-8268-457CDFBB4807.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone known if Auris 2013-2015 can use 2 sets of tires without reregister the TPMS sensors? I know that the 2015-2018 can have 2 sets of tires like in Corolla 1.8L. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links