Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

7 minutes ago, Bper said:

This might bring back memories 😀

29334827134_08f77719b1_b.jpg

Aye it does, the Anglia looked so different from the moggy minors and A35s of the day with those rear wings and back raked window.

And were just affordable at the time to the 18 year old me, along with penny round collars on the shirts, and turn ups on the flared trousers 👖.

Mind you,as you get older, polyester gets a bit uncomfortable.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Aye it does, the Anglia looked so different from the moggy minors and A35s of the day with those rear wings and back raked window.

And were just affordable at the time to the 18 year old me, along with penny round collars on the shirts, and turn ups on the flared trousers 👖.

Mind you,as you get older, polyester gets a bit uncomfortable.

Paul the A35 reminds me when I had my old mini van, my first car brought from my dad's works for £250 .

I dropped some mates off in Tooting and checked my mirrors and made sure it was clear as the traffic lights behind me were red. I did a UTurn and this A35 smashed straight into the side of my driver's side.

It had gone through a red light. The van was in a bad state but got it repaired on the cheap but the front axle was bent which I didn't know.

The A35 hardly had a scratch on it those things were built like tanks.

Black_Austin_A35.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul john said:

IMG_0048.jpeg

What is that?! It's terrifying!! :eek:  :laugh: 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

Sabre tooth tiger. circa 1970’s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ug is sitting in his cave when his wife Ugmilla runs in.

"Come quick" she says, "a sabre tooth tiger has just run into mother's cave"

"Ah well" says Ug, "what's one less sabre tooth tiger?"

Thank yow I'm ere all week.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Looks like a XL Bully dog chewing a wasp to me.

• Haha 4

Is a wade whimsies-Lion figure.👍

image.png.e60b868fa1dd85f0d314ce8789cea69d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Wade whimsie yes. Sabre tooth tiger

Here if you want one   🙂 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RARE-Wade-Whimsie-Sabre-Tooth-Tiger/dp/B00LGHLPLE

Hi Paul, unfortunately we are both wrong this is not a Tiger. However, I am actually correct as when purchased these figures would Li -on the floor.😂

Despite their name, the extinct saber-toothed cats are only very distantly related to lions, tigers, leopards, cougars, siamese, and other living cats. The best known saber-toothed cat, Smilodon, has sometimes been referred to as a saber-toothed tiger, although that is misleading because it is not closely related to tigers. Smilodon lived during the Pleistocene and early Holocene epochs before becoming extinct about 10,000 years ago. Fossil remains have been found in central and eastern Kansas. Like most fossils, they are most often found after being partially exposed in a stream bank or other eroded areas Meat eaters, Smilodon likely used their oversized canines for stabbing bison, camel, and other large prey rather than for grabbing and pinning them down, although paleontologists aren’t positive how they used their teeth.😂👍

• Haha 1

I am hopeful that this sale will stop the constant rise of Morrisons petrol prices in our local area.They have yet again raised their petrol price from 144.9p to145.9p.

Morrisons supermarket has agreed a £2.5bn deal to sell its 337 petrol forecourts to Motor Fuel Group (MFG) as part of a new tie-up.

Both firms are owned by the US private equity group Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.

As part of the deal, MFG will also take on hundreds of Morrisons' electric vehicle (EV) charging sites.

Morrisons said the partnership would mean better access to charge points for drivers and more cash plugged into the food side of the business.

The supermarket said the proposed deal would also see it take a minority stake of about 20% in MFG.

As part of the agreement, MFG is set to take on the Morrisons forecourts - including the fuel and retail operations - as well as more than 400 EV charging sites.

In a statement on Tuesday, the companies said that Morrisons would still supply food and groceries across the forecourts and its name would remain above the door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bper said:

Smilodon likely used their oversized canines for stabbing bison, camel, and other large prey rather than for grabbing and pinning them down, although paleontologists aren’t positive how they used their teeth.😂👍

Well, despite being fearsome prehistoric animals with a propensity to extreme violence and ripping large animals apart, I bet they still found it easier to get a dentist to look after those magnificent canines than it is for a pleasant, mannered, polite human to get a agonising tooth pulled now.

• Haha 4

Good old Morrisons just raised the price again from 145.9p to 146.9p. Have also noticed other petrol stations increasing prices.😠

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bper said:

Good old Morrisons just raised the price again from 145.9p to 146.9p. Have also noticed other petrol stations increasing prices.😠

And you think a take over means lower prices?

Follow the money.  The £2.5bn deal swells Morrisons balance sheet and creates a hole in MFG's.  Like water, MFG will want to level up.

Of course, as far as CDR is concerned there is no change in their bottom line, just an opportunity to add more profit 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

And you think a take over means lower prices?

Follow the money.  The £2.5bn deal swells Morrisons balance sheet and creates a hole in MFG's.  Like water, MFG will want to level up.

Of course, as far as CDR is concerned there is no change in their bottom line, just an opportunity to add more profit 

I totally agree it will not reduce prices but I had to try and be optimistic. And now you have depressed me Roy so I am off to my garage to convert my Auris to run on water. Thank you.😭

1 hour ago, Bper said:

....to convert my Auris to run on water. Thank you.😭

In India, the ubiquitous Tuktuks were hired by their drivers for as little as an hour.  The aim was to run on empty and put in only sufficient to last the hour.  They carried petrol in drinks bottles. 

Now there was a rumour, and Indians will believe any rumour, that adding sea water could improve the petrol per mile consumption. 

Quite how I never found out, but perhaps raising the feed pipe above the dregs, and replacing dregs with heavy sea water, meant the could skim the last few drops of fuel from the tank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

In India, the ubiquitous Tuktuks were hired by their drivers for as little as an hour.  The aim was to run on empty and put in only sufficient to last the hour.  They carried petrol in drinks bottles. 

Now there was a rumour, and Indians will believe any rumour, that adding sea water could improve the petrol per mile consumption. 

Quite how I never found out, but perhaps raising the feed pipe above the dregs, and replacing dregs with heavy sea water, meant the could skim the last few drops of fuel from the tank.

Over the decades many reports of cars being capable of running on water have emerged but have been quickly removed from the MSM or been dispelled as crank ideas.

Others have uncovered information that oil produces have quickly done deals with these projects and once the deal is done rapidly shelved the ideas.

It's obvious that it is not in the interests of the oil companies to allow this to become a reality. It would be interesting to find out how many alternative cheaper fuel systems have actually been invented but have also been covered up by them.:sadwalk:

• Like 1

If alternative fuels to oil, that would price oil companies out of the market, have been viably proven to be practical, it is hard to believe that all the “inventors” would have allowed themselves to be bought out by the oil companies.  Perhaps these were all ideological dreams.   I remember one product, called the H2O bomb, hitting the motoring press then quietly dying away.

• Like 1

A fellow in our Rotary Club had a brother on Oz that had scheme for something, can't remember any details but I think it floundered for lack of funds.

This fellow was otherwise known as Del Boy and  marketed snake oil aka Emu Oil.

• Haha 1

Local Morrisons since January 31st have raised their petrol price from 144.9p today February 8th 148.9p☹️

It's still 139.9p down here at the moment. I hope it stays that way, or better still the price drops, as I will need to fill up tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big_D said:

It's still 139.9p down here at the moment. I hope it stays that way, or better still the price drops, as I will need to fill up tomorrow.

I love an optimist. 😊

Incidentally, the price per litre has been creeping up over here for the last few weeks.

• Like 2

Think positive !!

• Haha 2

When I switch off my C-HR hybrid at the end of a trip on a dark, wet night with fairly busy traffic, and the MFD shows an MPG pushing 50 and 32% EV, I tend not to be bothered about the odd up-and-down of two or three pence per litre.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

When I switch off my C-HR hybrid at the end of a trip on a dark, wet night with fairly busy traffic, and the MFD shows an MPG pushing 50 and 32% EV, I tend not to be bothered about the odd up-and-down of two or three pence per litre.

To a point.  What bugs me though is how local filling stations are in lock step and the next town has a different base. 

If I fill up at 142.9 and find the same brand 139.9 a few miles away then I feel short changed- 30p to 60 p is indeed small change but I still feel ripped off.

• Like 2

Just got home from a trip to Hinckley, Leicestershire, using the M69.  Distance was around 20 miles and roads very busy.  When I switched off, MFD said 59 mpg and 62% EV.  Not bad.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links