Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Radio not Compatible with 2013 Verso

zelda89

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Maybe worth a shot, do a INIT reset hold setup and turn the headlights on and off 3 times, this brings up a red sytem check mode with a INIT button, iirc press and hold for a few seconds and release, then cycle the key

What's the INIT reset and Is this on the new radio? Also would this have any kind of impact on the current radio?

10 minutes ago, zelda89 said:

What's the INIT reset and Is this on the new radio? Also would this have any kind of impact on the current radio?

Ahhh right, a factory reset. I just googled it. I'll give it a shot at some point and will let you know

38 minutes ago, zelda89 said:

Ahhh right, a factory reset. I just googled it. I'll give it a shot at some point and will let you know

I've just tried the INIT reset but still showing REV OFF when reverse is selected.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:04 PM, zelda89 said:

I've just tried the INIT reset but still showing REV OFF when reverse is selected.

@flash22HHi there, any joy finding a solution/workaround for this? TIA

you could try using your 28 pin adapter and cut the Can high and Can low wires (cut them in the middle, so you can rejoin them if needed)

44499465_tt228pin.thumb.jpg.20cc3a93c0d10e279116cccb135ba064.jpg

Pins 9 and 10

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

you could try using your 28 pin adapter and cut the Can high and Can low wires (cut them in the middle, so you can rejoin them if needed)

44499465_tt228pin.thumb.jpg.20cc3a93c0d10e279116cccb135ba064.jpg

Pins 9 and 10

That shouldn't be a problem as I have a 28pin to 28pin adapter to stuff like this, I'll just remove the wires. If I do this, would this remove the functionality where can see the temp and Aircon being adjusted on the screen?

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

Yes it will

AHH that's a shame. You know what, I think I'll have to accept that this isn't going to work which is a real shame. I might try what you've suggested just to let anyone interested know but if the camera works, but I'd lose the car features and dimming features etc then I might not bother continuing. I do appreciate your efforts 👍

Just having a look at other diagrams for the touch2 some use pin5 on the 24 pin for reverse

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Just having a look at other diagrams for the touch2 some use pin5 on the 24 pin for reverse

Cheers flash22, appreciate your time on this. Hopefully if we get this sorted it will help others who have raised similar issues with Yaris as well as Verso 👍

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

Ok I'm going to try this shortly but just to confirm, do I need to re route the the wire going into '2' on the 28 pin, into '5' on the 24pin?

40 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Yes you can do that

I've just tried and again no joy, Rev is OFF when in reverse

ok - there must be a way to get a reverse signal from the can or a way to produce a can bus input - i will have a play with my unit(s) i have here just to make sure i'm not missing something

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

ok - there must be a way to get a reverse signal from the can or a way to produce a can bus input - i will have a play with my unit(s) i have here just to make sure i'm not missing something

Many thanks for that. I've been looking on eBay for head units like my new one hoping they have the harness still attached to see if there are any differences. But unfortunately there are non that have the wiring left in.

i do have the wiring diagrams for pre and post 2016 models, if you wired the camera up correctly from the 16 pin to the 24 pin it should work - don't rely on wire colour alone

what i dont know is if the radio needs to see the negative grounded to activate the input - eg, connected to a camera

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i do have the wiring diagrams for pre and post 2016 models, if you wired the camera up correctly from the 16 pin to the 24 pin it should work - don't rely on wire colour alone

what i dont know is if the radio needs to see the negative grounded to activate the input - eg, connected to a camera

The 24 pin is definitely wired correctly as per your instructions early on.

I also did that test you ask me to, plug ONLY the 28pin and on the new radio, Rev is OFF but on the old, Rev was ON (without the 16pin camera plugged in)

I had chance to have a play,

pop into the hidden menu, then into the other hidden menu

smhm1.thumb.JPG.84fa80733931fd79af2c324b81cee80c.JPG

press left then right, repeat 3-4 times

now press CAR PARAMETERS

think its on the second page REV beside it will say CAN or DIR

59 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I had chance to have a play,

pop into the hidden menu, then into the other hidden menu

smhm1.thumb.JPG.84fa80733931fd79af2c324b81cee80c.JPG

press left then right, repeat 3-4 times

now press CAR PARAMETERS

think its on the second page REV beside it will say CAN or DIR

Hi there,

Ok, I've gone into this menu by holding Menu and lights on/off 3 times. Is this the first hidden menu?

I pressed skip Left and skip right several times but got nowt. I guess I'm doing something wrong

IMG_20221107_203139.jpg

@flash22 Ive also tried tapping left right either side of the Product information, tapped the bottom and top corners and got nothing

tap the bottom corners of the touch screen

left, right

left, right

left, right

you may have to repeat it 1-2 times more

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

tap the bottom corners of the touch screen

left, right

left, right

left, right

you may have to repeat it 1-2 times more

Hi, just been tapping away and nothing is appearing. I've tried right in the bottom corners, a combination of 3 times, 4 times, 6 times and so on. I've also used stylus type objects to get right in the corners. Using the touch switch check, the touch screen seems fine.

The conclusion i have come to is it is configured for Reverse over can bus, not a direct 12v, im not aware of anything off the shelf that will do 12v signal to a digital Can bus output

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The conclusion i have come to is it is configured for Reverse over can bus, not a direct 12v, im not aware of anything off the shelf that will do 12v signal to a digital Can bus output

Ok that's a real shame. Just one last thought before I finally give up on this, the hidden, hidden menu you mention, would updating the radio bring up that feature?

in a word no, sadly there is very little in depth technical documents for any of the touch systems, Reverse selection is software/firmware selected, but these units are lock down very tightly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links