Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check

Chriss27

MY22 is due its first service soon so booked online in the MYT app and the cost is £240. It then offered a Hybrid Health check for another £50.  Is this still included free if you have a service plan which I do have,  thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Should be included in your first service which is in your service plan and all future services providing you have it serviced by Toyota up to when the vehicle is 10 years old (I think) may be corrected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, if you do your regular services , the hybrid health check is included in that. The only time they would charge that fee if you would bring your car in only to do that.

• Like 4

Everyone is correct, health check comes with the service, so do not tick that box. 

• Like 5

No one need hybrid system check within the first 5 years/60k miles. It is covered by warranty regardless hybrid system check done or not.  The check is stupid simple, only clean the vents, check the voltage and internal resistance on each module. You can do it with Dr. PRIUS App by yourself if you just want to know the status of the hybrid Battery. Other parameters like inverter temperatures, etc can be checked with Torque with proper hybrid  PID 

• Like 2

Dealers should only charge for the hybrid health check when it is not performed as part of a service.

As you're booking the first service it is included. As an example see extract from the servicing section of Toyota GB's website:

"HYBRID Intermediate Service 10,000 miles/1 year

We recommend that Toyota owners carry out a 10,000 miles/1 Years intermediate service as per schedule. Scheduling regular service appointments as per your vehicles service schedule helps maintain the health and longevity of your vehicle whilst helping prevent maintenance issues down the road - £240.

HYBRID Health Check Recommended

To carry out Hybrid Health Check, when not performed as part of a service - £50."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Dealers should only charge for the hybrid health check when it is not performed as part of a service.

As you're booking the first service it is included. As an example see extract from the servicing section of Toyota GB's website:

"HYBRID Intermediate Service 10,000 miles/1 year

We recommend that Toyota owners carry out a 10,000 miles/1 Years intermediate service as per schedule. Scheduling regular service appointments as per your vehicles service schedule helps maintain the health and longevity of your vehicle whilst helping prevent maintenance issues down the road - £240.

HYBRID Health Check Recommended

To carry out Hybrid Health Check, when not performed as part of a service - £50."

And don't forget that the pollen filter should be changed every 10k miles according to Toyota's on line service schedule.

• Like 1

Does anyone knows if the complete service history should be registered in "My Toyota" app or in the "My Account" details?

I took the car for its first service, for which I paid 240 devaluated euros, but in both places only appears the Hybrid Health Check and not the specifics of the first service itself, which in theory are motor oil, oil filter, and cabin air filter changes, plus all the checks required at this time and age. It appears as well the "Delivery Service" being done, which is the service required before the car is delivered to the customer...

It's all in the physical maintenance book, but in theory it should be registered in the electronic maintenance records as well. In the manuals it says that with certain models and in different countries, differences apply, as always...

Howdo.  Just looked at my RAV in MyT and I can see two entries on same day, one for the hybrid health check and one for 10k service.

Also I didn't pay seperate for the check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Howdo.  Just looked at my RAV in MyT and I can see two entries on same day, one for the hybrid health check and one for 10k service.

You probably did, and it’s included as part of the normal service. 

Hybrid system check in newer cars is just waste of money.  £50 is better spent for a 5L jug of 0W-16 oil and do 5k miles interval instead.   I am surprised how expensive the hybrid-service-check in UK, I only paid €32.  The rule is different in USA/Canada, they automatically have 150k miles/8 years warranty on Battery without the need of hybrid-service check. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

You probably did, and it’s included as part of the normal service. 

Sorry, what I meant was I only paid £240 altogether for both service and check.  

The ops dealer is taking the *****, you should only pay that 50 quid for the check if you are doing it on its own.

14 minutes ago, AisinW said:

Hybrid system check in newer cars is just waste of money. 

In the UK the hybrid health check is included within the Intermediate and Full service, and not an additional cost. It is only a separate cost to the owner if the hybrid health check is done separately to a service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to know. We often do not know which service is included and when it is free/not free. Now, with  MyT App, we can check the schedule maintenance and choose whichever dealership can give us the best price. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AisinW said:

and choose whichever dealership can give us the best price. 

In the UK the majority of Toyota dealers use Toyota's fixed price servicing scheme, so most dealers will offer the same, standard price for services.

• Like 2

I'd love to know what the hybrid health check consists of. If it's really an extended insurance on the Battery, I'm tempted to pocket the fee and put it towards a Battery in the unlikely event of needing one. It's easy enough to check and change your own fluids and keep the Battery fan and filter clean 

• Like 2

As someone that is working on Toyota equipment for a job, I just don't want to then drag my tools home to work on servicing my own vehicle on my day off.

I'd rather just pay the monthly service plan, book my vehicle in when required, drop it off at the dealer, collect a Aygo X loan car & then collect my serviced vehicle next day.

Toyota main dealer service history helps with future resale value & any issues with future warranty / goodwill claims.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Thanks!

Good to know, it may be a model difference then, with the Corolla I can only see the Hybrid Health Check...

• Like 1

The warranty on Battery and hybrid system is fixed 5y/60k miles regardless where you maintain the car. After that is our choice to keep 15y Battery warranty. 10y in mainland Europe. 

1. Continue the scheduled annual inspection in dealership that includes hybrid system check for free. This also continue the relax-warranty terms.

2. Just hybrid system check only £50 1y/10k miles.

3. Never do any of it, keep £50 per year that will accumulate up to £250 in 5 years, only activate the warranty if you want to sell the car and gain better resale price (10y old car).

Hybrid Battery cost €2350 installed in Auris with recycling program. In DE, Hybrids Check cost €30-€50 depends on which dealership. However, annual inspection cost €320-€440 (oil change) and €380-€550 (+brake fluid). Dubious Marked up. Costlier than Lexus in USA.

In comparison, independent mech, Pitstop.de cost €100 (Castrol edge LL4 0W-20,Mann filter) and €80 brake fluid change. The difference could be more than the price of hybrid battery in 7 years with separate Hybridsystem-Check.  This is the most cost effective way for us in DE. 

I think UK dealership have better regulated price unlike in DE. 

• Like 2

I was really thinking about after 10 years or 100k when relax warranty runs out, I'd much rather service it myself to know it's done right, and already do the extra stuff the dealer doesn't. However I really don't see myself spending half a day messing about getting to dealer and spending 50 quid on a questionable benefit, I will probably take the small risk of a Battery going down between 10 and 15 years. I keep cars long term, for their whole useful life  so resale value is not important 

• Like 4

I'd happily do a basic service myself - I mean this is a bargain for a RAV4 service kit genuine parts https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-rav-4/rav-4-mk-5-2018-present/engine-service-kits-rav-4-mk-5-2018-present/toyota-rav4-hybrid-2018-service-kit-1/

But I don't have a diagnostic tool to read codes or a way of checking the hybrid Battery.

• Like 1

There's various apps so you can do basic system and Battery checks on your phone with just a bluetooth obd dongle. Hybrid assistant for one 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saxmaniac said:

There's various apps so you can do basic system and battery checks on your phone with just a Bluetooth obd dongle. Hybrid assistant for one 

Indeed, you can check Battery parameters, voltage, deviation, charging, temperature, etc . With some android apps you can run even Battery life prognosis, which I failed to do right twice. First time said that my Battery health is 198% 😂, then I run again and showed me 41% health and it will need replacement soon. That was a year ago and ever since touching the wood I had traveled another 34k miles with no problems at all. 
Toyota dealers does run some checks on the battery and inverter prior to issue a new certificate for health check pass. 
last time I went for it the6 had forgotten a small screwdriver in the rear footwell, now I have Toyota original screwdriver 🪛🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AisinW said:

The warranty on battery and hybrid system is fixed 5y/60k miles regardless where you maintain the car. After that is our choice to keep 15y battery warranty. 10y in mainland Europe. 

1. Continue the scheduled annual inspection in dealership that includes hybrid system check for free. This also continue the relax-warranty terms.

2. Just hybrid system check only £50 1y/10k miles.

3. Never do any of it, keep £50 per year that will accumulate up to £250 in 5 years, only activate the warranty if you want to sell the car and gain better resale price (10y old car).

Hybrid battery cost €2350 installed in Auris with recycling program. In DE, Hybrids Check cost €30-€50 depends on which dealership. However, annual inspection cost €320-€440 (oil change) and €380-€550 (+brake fluid). Dubious Marked up. Costlier than Lexus in USA.

In comparison, independent mech, Pitstop.de cost €100 (castrol edge LL4 0W-20,Mann filter) and €80 brake fluid change. The difference could be more than the price of hybrid battery in 7 years with separate Hybridsystem-Check.  This is the most cost effective way for us in DE. 

I think UK dealership have better regulated price unlike in DE. 

It makes a lot of sense in Germany to shop around, I could find a dealership within an hour drive that offered the service 250 devaluated euros less than in Munich, the difference it's just insane... It's our fuel budget for three or four months!

I would like to make an oil change in between annual maintenances, and I've found a dealer that sells oil change sets on eBay, then I could go to a workshop club and do the job myself...

• Like 2

I have to ask, are you actually typing "250 devaluated euros" or is it the forum word filter? 🤣

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links