Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check

Chriss27

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

The only thing that you can learn from scanning your hybrid battery is the voltage deviation between the different cells and the lower the number the better is. Temperature check , and cooling fan speed tests can be performed, perhaps this is what is done by Toyota technicians when health check been carried out. Last time I checked mine two years ago and all the numbers were very good and very close. I may run another check in the next few days and take some screen shots 

Found a picture from 30/01/2021 mileage 163000

DCD8507A-BD5F-4B04-8589-6BD96FEFD0D9.jpeg

Is that the Dr. Prius app? how did you manage to change the temperature units to Celcius please?

5 minutes ago, JayCee88 said:

Is that the Dr. Prius app? how did you manage to change the temperature units to Celcius please?

Yes it is. You can do that via menu option top left corner. 👍

4A845BDD-AE62-4685-8605-034A5FEEC4D7.jpeg

C6CF05E1-EBFA-420D-A912-D0BC37306B20.jpeg

717182D3-9C61-457C-BF8F-0E39A70C4DBF.jpeg

6011E84F-4ECD-4B01-AB2A-CE989FDCBD44.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think if the Battery is aged and getting weak, you might as well just renew it, no point juggling old cells and trying to swap in other old cells and rebalance, you might buy a bit of time, that's all. Just treat it as a consumable item that's a teeny bit more expensive than a set of tyres 🤣

• Like 1

Yeah, if the Battery goes bad in old car better be replaced with new or the whole car to go. I can’t count on it as a set of new tyres as £3500 it’s a bit steep for a new set of tyres 😂👌

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Yeah, if the battery goes bad in old car better be replaced with new or the whole car to go. I can’t count on it as a set of new tyres as £3500 it’s a bit steep for a new set of tyres 😂👌

From my limited knowledge, you're in a good position to get max life from the Battery anyway, lots of regular use, you've had your money's worth and any big item would just depend on the condition of the car as a whole. I suppose the engine is the limiting factor barring unforseen disasters 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You never know, there might be a conversion kit that turns it into a solid-state battery/hydrogen hybrid in the future :laugh: 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:52 PM, Saxmaniac said:

I think if the battery is aged and getting weak, you might as well just renew it, no point juggling old cells and trying to swap in other old cells and rebalance, you might buy a bit of time, that's all. Just treat it as a consumable item that's a teeny bit more expensive than a set of tyres 🤣

The reading from Tony's Battery is good. How long it will still last, no one know. But it definitely will pass Hybridsystem-Check and get 1 year more warranty. The internal resistance are all Low and cells deviations are not excellent, but still within range.

Look, 15 years is the warranty with no miles limit. So, don't be afraid to keep driving it till the time come. It does not fail gradually, a kind of cliff type failure so Tony may still be fine with original Battery for the next 5 years or more because he drives in ideal style. 

There are more Battery failure from people not driving often enough or never clean the vents than just mileage. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AisinW said:

The reading from Tony's battery is good. How long it will still last, no one know. But it definitely will pass Hybridsystem-Check and get 1 year more warranty. The internal resistance are all Low and cells deviations are not excellent, but still within range.

Look, 15 years is the warranty with no miles limit. So, don't be afraid to keep driving it till the time come. It does not fail gradually, a kind of cliff type failure so Tony may still be fine with original battery for the next 5 years or more because he drives in ideal style. 

There are more battery failure from people not driving often enough or never clean the vents than just mileage. 

Thanks, I hope to last too. I am mot sure the whole car will last more than 2-3 years though because of the salt and grit during winter and the rust and corrosion as.a result. We will see. My Battery definitely has degraded a bit for sure as been old and at certain miles but that more like on chemical base other than anything else. I keep interior clean, dry and at room temperature most of the times. I may run a check later and upload some pictures. 👍

I found that rust on suspension parts in Toyota is usually slow, unlike the body. At least not as bad as Benz, Mazda, or KIA/Hyundai. 

Here some pictures from my check last night. Everything seems ok to me. I did not run any life expectancy or other test as I had no time for that. The app asked me to accelerate hard then brake fast etc and keep in S with both pedals fully depressed. Perhaps another time. 👌

F8C974AE-0013-4BA3-A1F0-9B232EE7F919.jpeg

DB074D91-EBC5-4B5A-B852-8139A6624182.jpeg

FCE1BA86-5E98-4651-9973-D9091B08933D.jpeg

5E084659-924E-4F8E-9695-18648E0FF551.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks similar to mine, 85k miles, 2016 Jan auris. The Battery state of charge and internal resistance is within 1 miliohm deviation. 

Screenshot_20230118_081006_Dr Prius.jpg

Screenshot_20230118_083211_Torque.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links