Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross timing belt or chain?

chris01942

Looks like i started the video after the important info about the blue water - 

On 2/18/2023 at 7:59 AM, Jimota said:

Quick update.  Since filling up with E5 fuel last week, according to my digital display, the improvement in consumption has jumped by 10 mpg.  Haven’t done a proper calculation but will do so next time I fill up.  There has been no change in my driving style or the routes I normally take.  It’s certainly been a bit warmer over the last week so maybe that has had an effect as well.  Will keep you posted on any developments.

James I filled my Yaris on the 15th December 2022, and that fill yielded 40.34MPG. Next fill was on the 21st January 2023, and that fill yielded 58.54MPG. First one was during freezing weather and all available methods to heat and defrost the car was used before setting off. The temperatures improved and defrosting methods not used just start up and drive off. Just goes to show how very low temperatures can have a dramatic effect on MPG. All journeys were similarly very short runs.

I keep seeing that Esso sell ZERO ethanol fuel. Is it marked as such, or marked E5?

I wish they'd scrap this nonsense.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

James I filled my Yaris on the 15th December 2022, and that fill yielded 40.34MPG. Next fill was on the 21st January 2023, and that fill yielded 58.54MPG. First one was during freezing weather and all available methods to heat and defrost the car was used before setting off. The temperatures improved and defrosting methods not used just start up and drive off. Just goes to show how very low temperatures can have a dramatic effect on MPG. All journeys were similarly very short runs.

Thanks Bernard.  My MPG figure has dropped from 66 to 64 mpg this week but I must emphasise that I’m using results from the digital display and have yet to use my mental arithmetic skills to work out an accurate figure at the next fuel top up.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

These results will be different each time he run the tests or each time he source his fuel from different garages. And similar to this each time I feel up new fuel the car drives slightly different no matter if it’s the same pump same garage same brand and same type of petrol. 

17 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I keep seeing that Esso sell ZERO ethanol fuel. Is it marked as such, or marked E5?

I wish they'd scrap this nonsense.

If you mean the Synergy stuff, it's still marked as E5 as they have to legally, plus it's not all zero E as they mention on their website that some areas of the UK still get E5.

I think it's because a lot of refineries have E0, and the E5/E10 fraction gets added with the additive mix later, but some refineries pre-mix the E5.

The E just means the maximum ethanol content, so E10 can contains anything from 0% E to 10% E; I think typically it's 7-8%. That's why Esso can get away with it being labelled E5 but having no E in it :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Jimota said:

Thanks Bernard.  My MPG figure has dropped from 66 to 64 mpg this week but I must emphasise that I’m using results from the digital display and have yet to use my mental arithmetic skills to work out an accurate figure at the next fuel top up.

Yeah, they are often slightly out from each other, with the car being the more optimistic usually - I just refuelled mine, and the car display tank average showed 75.6mpg, but the calculated was 71.2.

• Like 5

On 2/22/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jimota said:

There are websites that can do the job for you.

One example is sprintmonitor.de

You don't have one in UK ?

The advantage is that all your fillings can be seen by yourself and others who want to know what the real consumption of a certain car model is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links