Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 12 volt high power battery fitted.

Derek.w

My mgb has a Battery behind the drivers seat but it does have a cover over it and its in a cage so its well ventilated and it wasn't strapped in when they came out of the factory.

Getting fumes or Battery acid over you is least of your worries because if the hybrid Battery gets punctured and your trapped inside the car you can kiss your ***** goodbye.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=767379997733036

23 hours ago, Dala said:

Derek, do you have any new graphs from BM?
could you post them?
long parking of the vehicle

Just taken this lot note today I was bored so while waiting in the car had a play around with the system. See below 4 graph of 15 days duration

IMG_0589.thumb.PNG.df2047825c4df797f75bc79fe7b9a1af.PNGIMG_0589.thumb.PNG.df2047825c4df797f75bc79fe7b9a1af.PNGIMG_0590.thumb.PNG.c0c321632ec0b66eab56b4934433da88.PNGIMG_0591.thumb.PNG.bf26978638b6fc3893595fc60315fe81.PNG

IMG_0588.PNG

• Thanks 1

Dala

Hears todays graph,

IMG_0592.PNG

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tfc said:

My mgb has a battery behind the drivers seat but it does have a cover over it and its in a cage so its well ventilated and it wasn't strapped in when they came out of the factory.

Getting fumes or battery acid over you is least of your worries because if the hybrid battery gets punctured and your trapped inside the car you can kiss your ***** goodbye.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=767379997733036

If you still alive and upside down in any car then you lucky to still be breathing & getting out is a priority probably with some help.

according to these graphs it looks like it also loses about 0.1V/day - is this possible?
increasing the capacity to 45Ah does not help in my opinion
maintaining the voltage at higher values will be due to the new Battery
what is your opinion ?

12 hours ago, Dala said:

according to these graphs it looks like it also loses about 0.1V/day - is this possible?
increasing the capacity to 45Ah does not help in my opinion
maintaining the voltage at higher values will be due to the new battery
what is your opinion ?

I suppose it's possible. There's a lot of variables to the passive drain. If you have the most basic model that doesnt have keyless entry and maybe have turned off connected services, its probably gonna look different than all the bells and whistles. And then if everyday you walk several times past your car with the keys in your pocket you are gonna wake up the systems every time. 

Bigger capacity probably helps in the sense that if you drive short trips during the week and then drive a longer trip during the weekend, you get extra leeway until those short trips that dont get to charge the Battery eat away at the voltage. So while the Battery still drains just the same, maybe instead of 5 days you now get 8 days of short trips before problems start (just made up numbers to make a point)

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Doesn't seem matter how often you repeat that the original Battery is not an AGM stop/start Battery, people seem to be fixated that an AGM is fitted to both the Yaris and Yaris Cross which is not correct.

I also note that the bigger Yuasa Battery you have fitted has something like "Rollover protection" stamped on the top..........just saying

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wife's 2013 car probabaly has many less gizmoes to drain the 35 AHr Battery that the newest version but after a couple of weeks of low temperatures and not much use, everything seems fine at ther moment. Have never seen less than 11.8 v and as soon as it switched to "ready" it's being charged at 14.5v. In fact the voltage profile is just the same as my diesel Golf ! A 35AHr Battery seems quite sensible  for a system that does't have a (stop/start!)  starter motor !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Derek.w what voltage did you set as the minimum acceptable on your BM2 before charging needed. 

My BM2 arrives tomorrow 

Thanks

Chas, first,  regarding the 0.1v/day drop, I concur that that is about right in the short term.  If do not touch the car for 3 or more days you will start to see the voltage stabilise. 

It is a few months since I monitored mine over a number of days prior to going on holiday.  On that occasion the drain rate decayed to about 0.01v/day.  My monitoring suggested at least 3 weeks before the drain might become significant. 

When to charge?  Rather than Battery voltage perhaps get into a charging routine.  Say every 7 days. 

If you do have a week of non use check the voltage after charging and before charging.

Using the BM voltage data you can down load all the data.  Make a not of the voltage at midnight every day.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Chas, first,  regarding the 0.1v/day drop, I concur that that is about right in the short term.  If do not touch the car for 3 or more days you will start to see the voltage stabilise. 

It is a few months since I monitored mine over a number of days prior to going on holiday.  On that occasion the drain rate decayed to about 0.01v/day.  My monitoring suggested at least 3 weeks before the drain might become significant. 

When to charge?  Rather than battery voltage perhaps get into a charging routine.  Say every 7 days. 

If you do have a week of non use check the voltage after charging and before charging.

Using the BM voltage data you can down load all the data.  Make a not of the voltage at midnight every day.

I think you are right. I have the jump pack so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I have to use it. I need to get the monitor and the eyelet leads fitted so I have useful information and and a straightforward connection point 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links