Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Deck boards boot space

Lincur

6 hours ago, John Robert said:

Do you still have the template ? I need to make one so I can get my mobility scooter in better.

Jrstyth@hotmail.co.uk  yaris hybrid design 2021.

I emailed the main man at Toyota eu because I could not get high level deckboard anywhere. Explained I needed it to accommodate my invalid scooter. I was offered one as a special request BUT £1300 + was a silly price. So will end up making my own too. If a template was available it would help a lot.

Could you not use the existing flimsy boot liner as a template 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 10:16 AM, Lincur said:

Why are deck boards not available in the UK version of the Yaris Cross, and why can't they be purchased as an accessory?  They're available in other parts of Europe, so why not here?

Ask Toyota GB.

A cardboard template is easy enough to fashion.

When I made mine I think I  took some rough measurements first and transferred them to a sheet of cardboard. The cardboard was easy enough to fold up around the edges for a more accurate cut.

Made the board from 9?mm MDF with strengthening battens underneath. Covered it with black car carpet glued and stapled. It must seriously affect the fuel efficiency being built like brick outhouse!

As an aside, like Tony (TonyHSD)if I recall, presently recovering at home from total hip replacement surgery. No driving for a while. They like to chuck you out soon now.🙄😄 Surgery 7th a.m.. Discharged 8th p.m.

With my FWD YC Excel I am perfectly happy with the boot decks.   The upper deck boards give me a level floor and the split boards do help you to access the lower deck.  That board is much lighter but again adequate. 

I have the rubber boot liner and that negates the split board advantage.   I also find stuff can roll out of the sides into the lower deck.  The Corolla had fences that you could use to stop that.

Is that the upper or lower deck board tho - Edit. Just confirmed it's the "2-step hard deck" i posted above, realistically it should be it the £120-160 range (£40-50 to DIY)

Top deck (Double deck) interior trim required if yours doesn't have the mounts

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/bcfe0c5b-6363-43cf-bb1c-8e650984f472/Yaris_Double_Deck_58410_K0020_C1_AIM_006_086_1.pdf

xp210boottrimsdeck.thumb.jpg.91c78d85093b87b318bcfa5c36cfba88.jpg

ah, that jogged my memory

Hurrrrm if the car has a hard lower deck can it be moved up to the top position ??

From reading the post, it was the upper (referred to as the high level high level deckboard)

My 2022 has the moulded mounts as per the blue coloured panels above.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:49 AM, anchorman said:

Not problematic, just poor.  Interior lights are a joke, horn, that boot cover.  The floor cover isn’t a carpet it’s a cardboard liner, the featherweight mats are minimal quality, yes, they give them to to you but that cardboard wouldn’t make it out of warranty without them.  Mine are done most days but anybody that doesn’t vac regularly will have problems.  The lack of sound deadening in panels reduces weight and does detract but could add and could add refinement that you get with other cars.  I like the car but I find these things disappointing because it wouldn’t cost much to sort them.  

Yes, They are just cheap thin foam floor mat and like the insulation bag material in rear seat. I really don’t mind to pay for something better if they provide any option.

eg rear seat USB port, interior light, noise proof, better carpet. I have not choice to pull a long usb cable from the boot cigar port to rear seat. It is always be there and looks stupid.

4 hours ago, jthspace said:

My 2022 has the moulded mounts as per the blue coloured panels above.

As does ours 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, anchorman said:

Reliability is never in doubt.  That’s why I own one.  There are a few issues that undermine the feeling of quality.  I get the Yaris isn’t a RAV but it isn’t cheap either.  

Also £14k cheaper than my RAV4 PHEV 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links