Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross still a rare sight

Primus1

Yes here up north, ( York) the Yaris cross is still a rare sight, I saw a lovely one today though, white with a black roof and it had wind deflectors all round which made it look even nicer, they are still a rare sight on the roads around me which is quite nice as those of you who have one , gives an air of exclusivity, which I had when I picked up my puma a few years ago..I can’t wait to get mine…do cross owners wave at each other as they pass I wonder..?

• Like 4

On your last, I wouldn't know as I have yet to notice another.  A near neighbour has a Premier but that's it. 

• Like 2

I see them every day everywhere here around London., even we have already learners cars. And the classic Yaris are as much as Uber Priuses, on every corner. 👍

• Like 4

Since I ordered mine in December 2022 I have Journeyed all over the East Midlands & been to Warwickshire & Worcestershire & only seen a Blue & White Cross in Car Parks. Rare as Hen's Teeth round here but, in North Derbyshire ( where the Money is ) they are quite common.

Tel

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I drive for a living so see them fairly regularly round here usually in white but today i saw a dark grey one which looked the business. 

• Like 4

In Italy Yaris Cross is probably selling more than the hatchback version.  Milan is full of Yaris Cross.

• Like 4

loads of mk4's and Crosses around, only seen a few Aygo X models tho

price is a big factor tbh with the current climate, £30k is a lot of money

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I drive for a living so see them fairly regularly round here usually in white but today i saw a dark grey one which looked the business. 

Ordered mine in dacuma grey..so I totally agree 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Dozens around here. I think I see more Cross than Yaris now. Cost must definitely be a factor as seeing as many base models as high-end, which is intriguing. It is extremely area dependent though. Next street along, nothing newer than 1990 (not literally 😉 ). Bizarre world. On the motorway I see mostly Corolla, followed by Yaris Mk.4. I have seen exactly one Mk.3 like mine around here. That brings it to two, total, that I ever saw like mine. Mk.3 seems to be pretty rare now.

• Like 3

Most hybrids and particularly older ones on their 4th , 5th and above owners are concentrated in and around London,  the restrictions obviously. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Mk.3 seems to be pretty rare now.

That is the opposite to me i see several regularly parked up round the town and here is a blue one like mine 5 streets away and one in a small village i drive through regularly a couple of miles away these two cars got me interested in the MK3 i know they are a bit marmite but i love the shape at the front though colour can make a lot of difference i am not keen on the red version.

I drive through a town called Grange- over-Sands regularly for those not in the know its nickname is "Gods waiting room" i have lost count of the amount of MK3's i see parked in drives when driving through the town, there used to be a Toyota dealer in the middle of the town so i guess Toyota are still popular even though the garage closed a few years ago.

tttttre.thumb.JPG.caf98f69116dc2e7df3219a3fc51f36b.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

See lots of Corolla HBs, Yaris Mk4's and YC's. The number of YC's has shot up, and I now see more Mk4 learner cars!! :crybaby: 

I have also seen a lot of AygoX's, but I swear half of them are rental or dealer loan cars :laugh: 

I can confirm the Mk4 can get away from the line faster than the YC :whistling1: :laugh: 

• Haha 5

Since I ordered mine in January, I have only seen one, a white one. It seems a bit strange, as Leitrim is between Cavan and Longford and both these counties have a Toyota dealer. I am hoping I see one when my wife is in the car so I can say, "that's what we're getting". 😊

• Like 3

There are loads of them up here in Scotland. Surprisingly ( to me at least ) many of them are the base trim level. It's rare to see the base trim of any car. 

What's also unusual is or at least was, the number of late low mileage cars for sale at non-Toyota franchises. The ones that are left are still advertised at silly prices, but not as silly as they were a few months ago which I'm guessing suggests the availability of brand new cars has increased? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

There are loads of them up here in Scotland. Surprisingly ( to me at least ) many of them are the base trim level. It's rare to see the base trim of any car. 

I guess for most people the base model has enough kit why spend more on stuff you are not going to use. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

See lots of Corolla HBs, Yaris Mk4's and YC's. The number of YC's has shot up, and I now see more Mk4 learner cars!! :crybaby: 

I have also seen a lot of AygoX's, but I swear half of them are rental or dealer loan cars :laugh: 

I can confirm the Mk4 can get away from the line faster than the YC :whistling1: :laugh: 

That’s perhaps the mk4 has more similar look to gr4 Yaris 🏁🏎

This morning on A41 I was driving around 60mph and a blue 21 reg mk4 was driving behind me then he started to overtake and when next to me he slowed down and was driving next to me for a few seconds and then shots himself forward like a sport car 🏎😂, come on man,  I know it’s a hybrid Toyota not a rally one 🙂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I guess for most people the base model has enough kit why spend more on stuff you are not going to use. 

Couldn't agree more. But that's something you see more in Continental Europe, here in the UK buying patterns are different. How many times have we seen manufacturers launch a new model range only to see the base model dropped due to low sales. Here in the UK we must have larger wheels and go faster stripes. What would the neighbours think if we turned up in 'the cheap' version. 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Here in the UK we must have larger wheels and go faster stripes. What would the neighbours think if we turned up in 'the cheap' version. 🤣

Having come to the MK3 from an SXI i can honestly say i will never again buy a car with stiff suspension and large low profile tyres.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

What's also unusual is or at least was, the number of late low mileage cars for sale at non-Toyota franchises. The ones that are left are still advertised at silly prices, but not as silly as they were a few months ago which I'm guessing suggests the availability of brand new cars has increased? 

It's surprising indeed as I understand the base trim have halogen headlights which is very poor. I have the MK3 with halogen so know how poor it is, now ordered a design which has led - standard Yaris. 

The YC has a very good lead time from reading forum posts, about 3-4 months. It would be wrong to pay those silly used prices. The Yaris on the other hand are 10 months lead time. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

I have the MK3 with halogen so know how poor it is, now ordered a design which has led - standard Yaris

I have never got this  6 billion candle power ultra white headlight thing, I live in a small town in the middle of  nowhere so have to use country lanes often, while driving in the bark  I have never thought I need more light I guess it's because I have never driven a car with these ultra white lights that dazzle you even on low beam, my crap lights do the job for me if my next car has these and they are better so be it I wouldn't pay extra just to find out.

• Like 2

You got great eyesight.... the rest dont.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Couldn't agree more. But that's something you see more in continental Europe, here in the UK buying patterns are different. How many times have we seen manufacturers launch a new model range only to see the base model dropped due to low sales. Here in the UK we must have larger wheels and go faster stripes. What would the neighbours think if we turned up in 'the cheap' version. 🤣

More safety equipment, too. RCTA is awesome. The only reason I spec'd the City Pack on the GR.

4 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Having come to the MK3 from an SXI i can honestly say i will never again buy a car with stiff suspension and large low profile tyres.

I posted in another thread how the 18" doesn't really have that much less sidewall than my current car on 16", and despite the firmer ride of the GR, it's still a better ride than the Mk.3.

I put brighter bulbs in the Mk.3. The stock are inadequate when it's wet. I'd argue dangerous.

The Mk.4 Yaris LED had an interesting beam pattern. Seemed to be concentrated on the left/right lines when dipped.

The Cross LED headlights are great.

• Like 1

It's the brightness war - The silly thing it makes things harder to see; Pedestrians and cyclists have no chance once it gets dark. Even bike lights and reflectors are just lost in a sea of super-bright LEDs. There are a couple of cyclists who might owe their lives to the BSM in my wing mirrors as I was in traffic and waiting to turn right, and despite checking my mirrors and blind spots I never once saw them, and the first I knew of them was when the BSM lit up and beeped at me and I nearly jumped as they shot past me out of nowhere! Thankfully most cyclists understand the significance of turn signals and tend to go round the other side of you, but there are always those chancers...

12 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I have to say even the base spec Toyotas have very good specs - They even come with all the level 2 self-driving stuff as standard! But with the prices so high (25k for a Yaris! A YARIS!! :eek: :wacko:) I can see the higher trims just being out of reach for sane sensible people.

If I hadn't been trying to save for an EV for the past decade I wouldn't have been able to buy my Mk4!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links