Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stop the production of pan. Roof?

hostelb

Any reason why it stopped the production of Pan. Roof in whole Yaris Cross series?

A Pan Roof would not be a must have feature that I would pay for.

• Sad 1

Presumably it is due to parts supply difficulties, which have also affected other models.

Supposedly there is a glass shortage too so maybe they're focusing their glass resources on the essentials.

Then again, Toyota seem to do stuff like this and randomly remove or add features to the lineup as time goes on.

That's partly why I was previously after a specific year of Mk2 Yaris, as that year was the only one that had the combination of features I wanted!

Limited production at a guess, the corolla still have the roof option. 

My Adventure (delivered 28.2.23) has the panoramic roof.

• Like 2

Purely production and cost as you would need to batch cars with pano roof option that slows production as you need the reset stations on the line

it's not only the glass but interior, wiring and much more

Had the same thing when I was looking for a golf plus in 2009 (bullet dodged) getting a build slot was a mare with the options i wanted, a sunroof added 6-8 months to the wait befor that i need a dealer with allocation for a golf plus

• Like 1

No wonder if they offer Aygo x style canopy roof instead 😉, just kidding 🙂

Can't understand why people want a hole in the roof, but that's their choice, what will leak eventually or break and cost in some cases mega money to fix.LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I love the pan roof and want it on mine, but unavail. I've got it on my gen. 3 and it's great! Definitely going to miss it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could i ask why members want a glass roof, we have air con and filters  why have something that makes the car hotter, let's dirty air in and is noisy when open? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The sensation of open space even when closed.

But also there's one thing you just cant get anymore in modern cars, that I really like.  Last car I could in was my old 216Gsi.

In winter especially, cold outside air on your face but warm air at your feet.

The 216 had vents that did this but you can get the same effect with a sunroof on tilt.

• Like 4

HUD & Pan Roof were deleted for UK  2023 Build Cars from Late 2022 UK Orders along with the two-tone paint Option.

I guess that simplifies Right Hand Drive production saving costs & improving availability to match demand.

In December,2022, I was informed my AWD Cross would be available July/August 2023.

Luckily my Spec. matched a cancelled Order & the rest is History.

Tel

The sunroof (moonroof 🇺🇸) gives a lots of light into the interior. These days most of the new cars has dark or black headlining and a glass above add extra airy feel. I personally will avoid any of these if they open and close, Corolla forum almost all has issues, water leaks etc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I personally will avoid any of these if they open and close, Corolla forum almost all has issues, water leaks etc

Personal choice but I don't like them because of how light they make the interior also as said they can leak so I don'tind they are not now adding them. 

Personally speaking, you couldn't pay me for one.

One reason, a stone chip of suitable mass, velocity and trajectory could very well crack/destroy one. With the added bonus of showering the occupants with glass shrapnel!

Yes, without one it would probably result in a paint chip or dent in a full steel roof but not a big gaping hole and the possible cost consequences.

I think we could be overstating the issues with sunroofs.  I've never had a problem with one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Want one for the sensation of open space as stated, when stopping somewhere like at a park, look into the sky or tree from underneath, rain drops/snowfall when warm inside the cabin + stars & moon at night. Seat reclining and look upwards when just resting. 

• Like 4

With my driving and judging by the condition of my car I can say that if it had a glass roof would have been shuttered at least once. The entire car body is battled with stones and has proper dents, some are even deeper. Roof is dented too. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

The sensation of open space even when closed.

But also there's one thing you just cant get anymore in modern cars, that I really like.  Last car I could in was my old 216Gsi.

The 216 had vents that did this but you can get the same effect with a sunroof on tilt.

I can get the sensation of open space on my motorbike, and the engine keeps my feet warm.LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Heater on your feet front windows fully open!  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Want one for the sensation of open space as stated, when stopping somewhere like at a park, look into the sky or tree from underneath, rain drops/snowfall when warm inside the cabin + stars & moon at night. Seat reclining and look upwards when just resting. 

Save yourself a fortune get out of the car and look up or get one of these and relax while you sky/star  gaze  😉

image.jpeg.7dba2f619b4eec4eb69f21ad39df092e.jpeg

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

HUD & Pan Roof were deleted for UK  2023 Build Cars from Late 2022 UK Orders along with the two-tone paint Option.

I guess that simplifies Right Hand Drive production saving costs & improving availability to match demand.

In December,2022, I was informed my AWD Cross would be available July/August 2023.

Luckily my Spec. matched a cancelled Order & the rest is History.

Tel

My MY2023 Excel has a pan roof !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Could i ask why members want a glass roof, we have air con and filters  why have something that makes the car hotter, let's dirty air in and is noisy when open? 

You know nothing about the Yaris cross pan roof....they don't open !

I love my pan roof ....had the same on a Lexus NX.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Your username betrays your deep-seated need for a pano roof though. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links