Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stop the production of pan. Roof?

hostelb

Peter.

In October 2022, you are correct the Premier was the Top Cross but by December it was superseded by the 2023 Excel with Hud & Pano Factory Options.

However by mid December 2022 the UK dropped those Factory Options.

Tel

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Peter.

In October 2022, you are correct the Premier was the Top Cross but by December it was superseded by the 2023 Excel with Hud & Pano Factory Options.

Tel

No,  when I ordered my Excel...22.10.22....only the pan roof was available....no hud .

Bob ,

When you ordered, the Excel was not the top model. The Premier had the Hud etc.

When I ordered in Mid December, the Excel AWD was the Top Model.

Tel

I thought, they only ever offered the HUD on the Permier.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Bob ,

Tel

Bob66 says he ordered 22.10.22...

On 4/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, Tel 2 said:

Peter.

Tel

Where did you get that idea from?

On 22.10.22 the Premier along with Dynamic were no longer available to order in the UK. Don't quote me on this but I think both were withdrawn from sale the previous month. The GR replaced the Dynamic. When I first enquired about the YarisX mid september, the dealer had to refer to a single sheet release from head office as they had no other information. Even that was wrong as in conflicted with the info online.  There were only 4 YarisX models available mid Sept 22 - poverty spec, Design, Excel and GR.

As I understand it, in the UK HUD was only ever available on the Premier.

A bit of an oddball car if you ask me - leather, HUD, JBL etc but it missed out on electric / handsfree tailgate, no front parking sensors which I'm assuming meant no safety pack i.e. no rear cross traffic. Not sure you could spec city pack therefore missed out on self parking, birds eye view camera etc.  So I'm not sure why one would be classed top-of-the-range more than the other.

GR has to be top of the range now as it has better seats than both of them...   🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Bob ,

Tel

The Excel was the top model in October 2022....no hud option !!

My AWD Excel was built mid -January 2023 & has the £ 100 City Pack in preference to the 9" Nav as I only use Apple Car Play anyway.

According to my Dealer. the Hud Option & Pan Roof were removed for 2023 & the price increased .

He may have been mistaken about the HUD,

Tel

• Sad 2

I didn't choose the panoramic roof with mine but it came as part of what they call the 'Comfort Pack' over here (Belgium). It's a bit of a disappointment really, Mainly due to the flimsy manual blind which still lets a fair bit of light pass through in bright sun. The blind is also quite difficult to use - not recommended while driving.

I had a glass roof on my Qashqai but it had an electric blind - much easier to use.

• Like 1

On my Pre-Order Test Drive, the Dealer told me the Pan Roof was difficult to use & the side sills were both narrow & attracted dirt.

I have neither.

Tel

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

On my Pre-Order Test Drive, the Dealer told me the Pan Roof was difficult to use & the side sills were both narrow & attracted dirt.

I have neither.

Tel

According to my dealer....your dealer is a numbty !

• Haha 2

On 4/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, TopGeek said:

I didn't choose the panoramic roof with mine but it came as part of what they call the 'Comfort Pack' over here (Belgium). It's a bit of a disappointment really, Mainly due to the flimsy manual blind which still lets a fair bit of light pass through in bright sun. The blind is also quite difficult to use - not recommended while driving.

I had a glass roof on my Qashqai but it had an electric blind - much easier to use.

Quite like the manual blinds, no electric motors to go wrong, easy to close and open like any roller blind.  Same goes for electric seats, there is no need unless they have memory settings. One lever pull up, seat goes back and you are staring straight up at the sky.  Also lever to recline seat is so much better than winder which takes an eternity. 
I’m loving the simplicity of the Yaris, has just the right amount of tech, without unnecessary menus to do the simplest of thing like heater controls or opening glovebox (Tesla)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ISL said:

Quite like the manual blinds, no electric motors to go wrong, easy to close and open like any roller blind. ...

The electric blind on the Qashqai was a dream to use and I had it almost 14 years. The manual one on the Yaris Cross has very strong springs on both sections making it impossible to use while driving.

Never found the blind to be an issue. I open it during the day, and close it at night.

I still can't understand the rationale of TGB in dropping pretty much everything from the spec. The Mazda 2 seems to still have the HUD, etc., so that is now the better option over the Toyota! Yes, it's only a Badge, but that's not the point.

• Like 3

The omission of the hud and jbl were the main reasons I no longer went for the excel spec, instead ordered a design. Mazda 2 hybrid have the hud but the price are thousands more than the excel without hud. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

The omission of the hud and jbl were the main reasons I no longer went for the excel spec, instead ordered a design. Mazda 2 hybrid have the hud but the price are thousands more than the excel without hud. 

You have missed out on loads of other goodies....

2 hours ago, Bob66 said:

You have missed out on loads of other goodies....

Perhaps you could past a big chunk of the Toyota contribution 1750 saving to dilute my disappointment? I would then pass some of it to the silly fool to help cleansed your sin.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

The Mazda 2 seems to still have the HUD, etc., so that is now the better option over the Toyota! Yes, it's only a badge, but that's not the point.

It's a tad more that a Badge, it's a different car.

Better option to Yaris perhaps but why compare it to a YarisX ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Perhaps you could past a big chunk of the Toyota contribution 1750 saving to dilute my disappointment? I would then pass some of it to the silly fool to help cleansed your sin.

My sin?

Let it go, let it go. 🙂

Oh no 🙄 , the frozen song again.

• Haha 2

He is clearly a wicked man on the forum.

• Confused 1

I was going for the pan roof but suddenly realised it doesn't open like on the other models so would only serve to turn the car into a sauna. The only plus is it gives a sort of impression of open top motoring.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, STEVEBE said:

I was going for the pan roof but suddenly realised it doesn't open like on the other models so would only serve to turn the car into a sauna. 

Ottawa REDBLACKS on Twitter: "@UlyNeves @TorontoArgos Glad you made it!  That's a lot of popcorn. We'll be back at it in January!" / Twitter

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, STEVEBE said:

I was going for the pan roof but suddenly realised it doesn't open like on the other models so would only serve to turn the car into a sauna. The only plus is it gives a sort of impression of open top motoring.

Suddenly 🙂

A sauna....they are even cold in Yorkshire !!

It is tinted and has a blind, so not really a sauna.

Open top motoring is a very different experience...bugs in teeth, toupee flapping about in the wind , noise  etc....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, STEVEBE said:

I was going for the pan roof but suddenly realised it doesn't open like on the other models so would only serve to turn the car into a sauna

That hasn't been my experience with it at all. Yes, it gets hot in summer when stood, but show me a car that doesn't? Open the doors, get the AC running, and it's very cool (in both senses of the word).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you can tilt or open the roof it cools down MUCH quicker tho' - Using the AC in conjunction with a tilted open sunroof is the fastest way to cool a car down and it's one thing I do miss from my Mk1 as no other Yaris since then has been capable of doing that!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links