Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Lexus LBX (Posh Yaris)

anchorman

I would have a Lexus over a BMW or Merc, a friend has a Merc A class, its too low at 6 foot its too small, everything piano black or shiny glass/plastic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

It's very much an each-to-their-own thing.

I think the people that complain about Toyota build quality would be more suited to things like that, if they can stomach the cost.

It doesn't appeal to me, but I have a well known loathing of anything SUV (Which, to be fair, is common with many who drive in tight congested cities regularly and don't understand why so many people keep buying giant hausfrauenpanzers to drive down narrow streets, take up multiple marking spaces, slow to a crawl for every speed cushion, turn, leaf etc.)

It’s virtually the same size as a Yaris Cross 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Don't like that either! :laugh: 

I must admit I liked being in the saloon Lexusesieesesuses, nice places to be in, although not something I'd own personally as I prefer small cars if I'm to be the driver!

They are (Or were, not sure with the current usedcarpocalypse) incredible bargains on the 2nd hand market tho' - You can get lots of old 2nd hand Lexus models incredibly cheaply for what they are, and unlike e.g. Mercs, everything will still work :laugh: 

• Like 1

I think my old IS was known for a time as the baby Lexus, due to it's size compared with a LS 400.

They are a small saloon, for want of a better description,a three box ,bonnet,cabin and boot design.

I don't think that Toyota have bettered the design on subsequent ISissiases.

Those rear fog lights in the boot lid alone to me make the car look good, apart from the curves at the front.

Of course all this would be meaningless without the reliability and build quality.

I have noticed a few are on sale still for fans/buyers of older cars .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Don't like that either! :laugh: 

I must admit I liked being in the saloon Lexusesieesesuses, nice places to be in, although not something I'd own personally as I prefer small cars if I'm to be the driver!

They are (Or were, not sure with the current usedcarpocalypse) incredible bargains on the 2nd hand market tho' - You can get lots of old 2nd hand Lexus models incredibly cheaply for what they are, and unlike e.g. Mercs, everything will still work :laugh: 

The only thing you need to worry about in London is an interfering Dutch busy body on a bike.  

• Haha 2

Seen another review of this, the person said they spoke to one of the designer, asked why the boot is so small, the reply was they concentrated on the design. 

I think it will do quite well. The price will be below the UX. The other review has the boot at 332L. Just not practical enough for me with a full load of people. Screenshot_2023-06-08-08-44-47-305_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b40b0efdf9f723d5288f034ceb425710.jpg

19 hours ago, Cyker said:

You can get lots of old 2nd hand Lexus models incredibly cheaply for what they are, and unlike e.g. Mercs, everything will still work :laugh: 

Hey, I resemble that remark! Most of my Merc still works.😉

• Haha 1

You've clearly looked after it better than most! :laugh: 

This looks amazing. Toyota reliability. Lexus style. Economical size and running costs I'm sure. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SB1500 said:

This looks amazing. Toyota reliability. Lexus style. Economical size and running costs I'm sure. Love it.

Agreed. A more luxurious and refined YC. Couldn't ask for much more and might just be my next car after I hand the YC back in a couple of years. Just wish it had the Corolla 2L engine for more HP.

• Like 1

I know cars in this class can look rather similar, but it does look rather like a DS4.

2 hours ago, IT Troll said:

I know cars in this class can look rather similar, but it does look rather like a DS4.

I reckon that’s not such a bad thing. The latest DS models are very sharp looking. Not Citroen like at all.

• Like 1

Just seen a couple of videos of it and it looks good. They said that the boot floor is the same size as the cross but it is smaller overall as the roof line is lower and the back window is more sloped. 

As I don’t like the current suv trend I wouldn’t have one, but could I have it’s interior in a standard Yaris please. 

Reading the LBX Specification it is far more Cross than I expected & boast that they will offer over 300000 variants such is the Sales Pallet on offer.

Price will be key.

Tel

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, SB1500 said:

Nearest dealer 3 + hours away 🤨

• 2 months later...

I got to see one last weekend on display in Birmingham at the Bull Ring Shopping Centre. According to the sales rep the only one in Europe (left hand drive) and doing the rounds in the UK.

I think that they have made a good job styling wise and the interior feels very 'premium' as you would expect of a Lexus.

No indication of prices although the rep seemed to think that the starting point would be below £30k.

I was impressed enough to sign up for an open evening at my local(ish) dealer in due course.

• Like 1

The cross tops out at, £32k, Lexus is usually 4-8K more (allowing for inflation) with the Auris to CT200h as a comparison

RHD are due March June 2024

• Like 1

Delighted with my move from Audi/VW to the Yaris Cross.  My only criticism of the Cross is the drivers seat which I feel lacks some lateral support.  I drove a high end Lexus a good number of years ago for a short drive and was highly impressed with the interior and overall comfort of the seats.  Maybe it’s my age but the appeal of a big armchair in a modern and reliable car ticks another box for me.  Alternatively, I could get one of those Harley Street chiropractors to reshape my back so that I can fit into my existing seat.  Problem is, which would be the cheapest option?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimota said:

My only criticism of the Cross is the drivers seat which I feel lacks some lateral support.

Not sure when you bought yours, but it was a point I liked about the GR Sport. I can feel the difference swapping from mine to the Cross. That's not to say the seats are at all bad - they certainly aren't! We did a 6 hour drive last weekend in our Cross and didn't feel it at all. Very comfortable.

• Like 1

Yaris Cross gr sport has one of the best seat materials of all new Toyota models currently available to buy.  Seat materials are as important as it’s the design of the seat and when two match well we have a comfortable seats.
This and the slightly lower suspension are the main reasons why I like that spec the most. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yaris Cross gr sport has one of the best seat materials of all new Toyota models currently available to buy.  Seat materials are as important as it’s the design of the seat and when two match well we have a comfortable seats.
This and the slightly lower suspension are the main reasons why I like that spec the most. 

I agree, those alcantara seats are very comfy.  Strangely, they seem to show off about the Excel having sports seats in which I find over bolstered so somebody somewhere has managed to spec comfy seats in the GR and sports seats in the none GR.   If any perspective owners are browsing, check before you buy.  My Cross goes next week because I can’t get on with these seats.  

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the Lexus LBX and the updated Yaris Cross will be in the showrooms?

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

I agree, those alcantara seats are very comfy.  Strangely, they seem to show off about the Excel having sports seats in which I find over bolstered so somebody somewhere has managed to spec comfy seats in the GR and sports seats in the none GR.   If any perspective owners are browsing, check before you buy.  My Cross goes next week because I can’t get on with these seats.  

Are you replacing the Yaris cross, and what car you are getting instead? 
Thanks 

As stated elsewhere, we choose the GR Sport spec primarily for the seats.

Regarding the LBX - I don't get it. Reminds me of that Aston Martin Toy thing that was introduced based on a Toyota - what were they thinking?

Biggest issue with YC is rear accommodation. If you don't use the rear like us, then it's not an issue. Reason we chose a YC was because the boot space ( and design ) vs length of car was ideal. And this is where the LBX falls flat on it's face, boot space is about 25% less than YC.

There's obviously going to be a substantial increase in price not only for the car but for servicing and I suspect insurance too. Somebody in another yaris topic mentioned Toyota should have Lexus standards of servicing. The current price for a full service on a CT200h is £505 so you can expect similar on an LBX. People in the market for cars of this size are not in the habit of paying premium running costs.

An LBX wouldn't even be on my radar - less practical than a YC and way more expensive.

Lexus sales in Europe have nosedived in recent years and I reckon the LBX is just another example of how Lexus are out-of-touch with the European market.

I'll give it 5 years max and it'll be retired from their European line-up.

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Are you replacing the Yaris cross, and what car you are getting instead? 
Thanks 

I’m going back to Lexus Tony.  I’ve found a cancelled order at a very good price which is currently passing the west coast of Portugal.   Should be in the country by Tuesday.  I’ll get it early October by the time it’s been via Derby.  It is grey with a very pale grey soft leather interior which of course I had no choice but I’m actually looking forward to.  It’s a Takumi spec UX with the 2.0 litre engine.  A very good friend is having the Cross.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links