Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak in passenger side

Abbey913

I’ve had a leak in my passenger side I’ve checked the Air conditioning drains and seals I can’t find anything but my sound proofing is damp the other thing I can see is near the wheel arch is it’s coming via that but any suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks 

Try spraying a hose under the wheel arch and around the door seals this can often reveal where the leak is coming from. Is the passenger footwell mat wet underneath or on the sides.

• Like 1

Front or rear? Does it have a sunroof?

• Like 1

Further. How old is it and how long have you had it? Could it have been in an accident? Has it had any work done recently and if so what?

• Like 1

Has a previous owner drilled a hole in the footwell or pushed a existing gromet out of its location.

As Biper says use a hosepipe with a assistant when you inside donot use a pressure washer.

• Like 1

Well this course be anything.
Start with ac drainage pipe or  the rain water gutter hole blocked, the A pillar or windscreen seal, door seal. Weld spot sealers all along the area in question plus roof and B pillars.
Toyota cars are known for water leaks from these places. On the rear they also leak from brake lights seals. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bad leak on a previous mk2. Traced it to poor sealing between body panels behind dash. Toyota sorted FOC under anti-corrosion warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links