Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Khan Can

Bper

We’ve seen these tinpot dictators in the past - raking in immense revenue at public expense, using lying propaganda to support their plans.  But certain news channels have already starting to challenge his motives, and I believe that Sad Sick Khan is heading for the fall that catches up with all people of his ilk.

So many negative issues are badly affecting the lives of ordinary citizens, the time is coming when they say “enough is enough” and make themselves heard!

• Like 3

Like they tried council tax.  Stop worrying about it.  

• Like 1

The thing with pay per mile is, if that REPLACED VED and fuel tax, and it was applied in a sane way, then I'd be less skeptical of it.

However, it's almost certain it will be applied *in addition*, so we'll effectively be getting taxed FOUR TIMES for the same thing, which is just utter BS.

That and I fear they'll either impose some sort of tracking device, or use it as an excuse to deploy even more cameras, both which are just a huge waste of OUR money (Isn't it funny how they always seem to find money for this sort of thing, yet can't fund social care, schools or the NHS etc.?), and completely unnecessary as we've already talked about much cheaper, more reliable and saner alternatives in another thread.

• Like 4

If the masses are forced off the roads by taxation, then everyone who can ride a bike should get one, and then ride in large groups so as to make the privileged unable to viably use the roads.  With a little will power, it could be done.  5 October 1936 - the Jarrow March - 200 unemployed men marched 300 miles to make their case to parliament.  If they could do it, we could on bikes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20230828_111055.thumb.jpg.b7886cf7bb342d7be16406c541fd92a9.jpg20230828_111340.thumb.jpg.e00a6c0c686a7e3b656dfd7db79ebdac.jpg

On 8/27/2023 at 5:08 PM, Haliotis said:

Have a great time, Guy. These things represent history and, IMHO, must be preserved and demonstrated.

When our S-I-L was in the RAF, we regularly visited air shows.  Arriving day before show, we stayed in their married quarters home and got prime position for the show. Got close up to some awesome airplanes.

I didn't get many pics but here's the Spitfire and the Messerschmidt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow I've never been to a show where you can get that close to them!

This year's been pretty dead for us; Usually we go to some air shows and car shows, but apart from the annual car pageant in Enfield (Likely the last year they hold it in Enfield due to the ULEZ expansion) we've been to smeg-all this year! :sad: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Haliotis said:

If the masses are forced off the roads by taxation, then everyone who can ride a bike should get one, and then ride in large groups so as to make the privileged unable to viably use the roads.  With a little will power, it could be done.  5 October 1936 - the Jarrow March - 200 unemployed men marched 300 miles to make their case to parliament.  If they could do it, we could on bikes.

Hi Albert, what a wonderful thought when everyone stands side by side but where are the demonstrations storming the mayor's office over ULEZ or the government's migration disaster or government policies that are destroying everything that was once common sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

Like they tried council tax.  Stop worrying about it.  

So how do you see the future progressing.

1 hour ago, Bper said:

So how do you see the future progressing.

I don’t walk round with a grey cloud around my head Bob.  ULEZ is done although it sounds like some woke judge has upheld a complaint already.  I’m not interested in London in isolation, we need to get a grip of these polluting cars but it won’t happen overnight.  By 2035 we will have stopped making even cleanest E6 cars so it will purge out in time if we can still breathe.  I don’t consider myself a tree hugger but I can see what we are doing.  We get away with a lot due to our moderate climate but other countries don’t.  We’re too busy pretending to worry about the less well off who won’t give up tattoos, smoking and vaping or their iPhone 14 to fund a clean car.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, anchorman said:

I don’t walk round with a grey cloud around my head Bob.  ULEZ is done although it sounds like some woke judge has upheld a complaint already.  I’m not interested in London in isolation, we need to get a grip of these polluting cars but it won’t happen overnight.  By 2035 we will have stopped making even cleanest E6 cars so it will purge out in time if we can still breathe.  I don’t consider myself a tree hugger but I can see what we are doing.  We get away with a lot due to our moderate climate but other countries don’t.  We’re too busy pretending to worry about the less well off who won’t give up tattoos, smoking and vaping or their iPhone 14 to fund a clean car.  

It's interesting to read alternative views and whilst I may not agree with yours on this, I think it's Important to hear both sides of the debate.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wow I've never been to a show where you can get that close to them!

This year's been pretty dead for us; Usually we go to some air shows and car shows, but apart from the annual car pageant in Enfield (Likely the last year they hold it in Enfield due to the ULEZ expansion) we've been to smeg-all this year! :sad: 

You could pay 4 quid and get a photo stood next to them with some chap dressed up as a ww2 pilot.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, anchorman said:We’re too busy pretending to worry about the less well off who won’t give up tattoos, smoking and vaping or their iPhone 14 to fund a clean car.  

Well it’s not is it, people like my father-in-law who bought a 2015 Renault Clio 4 years ago and said this will now see me through, won’t have to change my car again.  He is 83 and lives on a low pension, saved all his money to buy his car and now cannot afford or have the will to change it. He is still confused why he has to pay the ULEZ even though his VED is less than 100g/km and zero cost. This has now stopped his freedom and the ability to drive where he likes. The ULEZ charge is nothing but a stealth tax taking away people’s freedom.  Not good!

• Like 3

There’s a heck of a lot of difference between the price of an iPhone and a car!  If you buy a car with a Euro 6 engine, it will need professional garage servicing to keep its emissions correct, and to keep it roadworthy.  And a service plan for this is in excess of £30 per month.  Charges could be a bit less at an independent garage, but these usually require full payment at time of service.

Say what you like about climate change, those at the lower end of the car market have to struggle to maintain their vehicles and, providing that they do maintain their cars properly and pay their tax and insurance, nobody has a right to criticise them for being car owners.  And it is this group who will be the most punished by Draconian rules. Compliant cars still produce CO2, and there are real doubts  that getting rid of non-compliant ones will make any significant difference.  Certainly, in the UK, there is little proof that the private motorcar itself is the problem.  Being a small island, worldwide our driven mileages are low in comparison to other countries.

The apparent sudden rise in CO2 levels does seem to coincide with the growth of HGVs and global air travel.  I think those concentrating on eradicating the ICE cars are on a fools’ errand, which means a lot of grief with no returns.

• Like 7

Shaun, I am fortunate to have a good private pension, and have recently bought a 21-plate CH-R.  But I am 88, and I fully understand your father’s concerns.  He is in the group of people who are being shafted by this wild race for Net Zero.  Although my car is a hybrid, I often wonder where the knee-***** behaviour of our government and the likes of Sad Sick Khan will place car owners such as myself in the near future.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Shaun, I am fortunate to have a good private pension, and have recently bought a 21-plate CH-R.  But I am 88, and I fully understand your father’s concerns.  He is in the group of people who are being shafted by this wild race for Net Zero.  Although my car is a hybrid, I often wonder where the knee-***** behaviour of our government and the likes of Sad Sick Khan will place car owners such as myself in the near future.

It’s only a matter of time, suddenly next year Khan may decide that all ICE cars pay ULEZ and only EV get away with it. At some point even EV drivers will be taxed on efficiency and whether they are using green energy to charge their vehicles.

I’m thinking of all the added mental stress along with cost of living this is having on some people. It’s not right 😢

• Like 4

Regardless of CO2 I would like cleaner air in cities but I am also fully aware that I'm a) middle class and able to afford newer, cleaner vehicles, and b) have no need to regularly visit city centres to work or live.

• Like 5

Heard a councillor this morning saying many people will just pay the ULEZ because that's what they have been conditioned to do.

What does that tell us about behavioural programming from cradle to grave.😡

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

However, it's almost certain it will be applied *in addition*, so we'll effectively be getting taxed FOUR TIMES for the same thing, which is just utter BS.

Like fuel.  Petrol - fuel duty and then VAT.

Power - daily charge use it or not and then VAT on that with VAT on what you use as well. 

Same with your car, tax it, VAT it, VED it.

They double double wherever they can.

You earn it less 20%, less NI.  You spend what's left and pay another 20%.  You ho on holiday, you pay APT.  You die and they extract another 40%.  They want another 20% just to bury you.

• Like 3

Death and taxes.

I blame the ancient Israelites 🤣

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

Sunak has said he does not support this wider ULEZ.  So why doesn’t he take the necessary steps to quash it?  Surely Sad Sick Khan doesn’t carry more weight than the Prime Minister? Today, Talk TV screened a rant by Khan, accusing his objectors of being Right Wing. And what about the lies?  Me thinks Adolf has been reincarnated!

• Like 3

That was a thing I found surprising - Apparently Parliament has *no* say in what the Mayor of London does; We've made petition after petition and they always say something along the lines of that. It's mental - Even the Prime Minister doesn't have this level of power! Anything they wish to do has to go through Parliament, and be voted on, but the Mayor can apparently make unilateral decisions with no oversight!! I thought the London Authority members were supposed to provide the checks and balances to his decisions like the House of Commons does for the PM, but apparently he can just ignore them if they don't go along with him!

He literally has the mandate, power and authority to do anything he likes to London, as long as it isn't something that breaks a law. This is why the borough councils are so hacked off, as the judge has ruled he has the authority to put up signage and cameras whether they give him permission or not; The agreements were just formalities.

It reminds me of Trump who, unlike previous POTUS', just did what he liked to the full extent of his powers; It makes you realize how much restraint/conscientiousness previous Presidents must have had by comparison!

Maybe I should run for Mayor! We've been shown time and again that, as a Politician, you can make up any amount of outrageous bat guano promises to get people to vote for you, then just renege on all of them with zero penalty or consequence, and then you can do what you like with no oversight and without any fear of being ousted as long as you stay within the letter of the law!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

Sunak has said he does not support this wider ULEZ.  So why doesn’t he take the necessary steps to quash it?  Surely Sad Sick Khan doesn’t carry more weight than the Prime Minister? Today, Talk TV screened a rant by Khan, accusing his objectors of being Right Wing. And what about the lies?  Me thinks Adolf has been reincarnated!

Ah Adolf, Sadiq Hail 😂

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That was a thing I found surprising - Apparently Parliament has *no* say in what the Mayor of London does; We've made petition after petition and they always say something along the lines of that. It's mental - Even the Prime Minister doesn't have this level of power! Anything they wish to do has to go through Parliament, and be voted on, but the Mayor can apparently make unilateral decisions with no oversight!! I thought the London Authority members were supposed to provide the checks and balances to his decisions like the House of Commons does for the PM, but apparently he can just ignore them if they don't go along with him!

He literally has the mandate, power and authority to do anything he likes to London, as long as it isn't something that breaks a law. This is why the borough councils are so hacked off, as the judge has ruled he has the authority to put up signage and cameras whether they give him permission or not; The agreements were just formalities.

It reminds me of Trump who, unlike previous POTUS', just did what he liked to the full extent of his powers; It makes you realize how much restraint/conscientiousness previous Presidents must have had by comparison!

Maybe I should run for Mayor! We've been shown time and again that, as a Politician, you can make up any amount of outrageous bat guano promises to get people to vote for you, then just renege on all of them with zero penalty or consequence, and then you can do what you like with no oversight and without any fear of being ousted as long as you stay within the letter of the law!

I would vote for you but you've missed one important point and that is you would have to reveal your real name.😂

However Beyonce, Stormzy, Elvis,went by one name so Mayor Cyker has a ring to it. The only thing is what party would you represent.🤔

• Haha 3

If Mayors are not accountable, and seem to be able to do as they please, then the position should be deemed undemocratic and disbanded.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

If Mayors are not accountable, and seem to be able to do as they please, then the position should be deemed undemocratic and disbanded.

Emergency legislation to shut the country down when it suits them but we can't do anything about the ULEZ. And of course I will stop the boats, "but it's not my fault". It was originally blamed on the EU but now it's the ECHR.Who next Andy Pandy.

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links